Duke4.net Forums: Rational People vs Anti-Gay People and Their Terrible Opinions - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rational People vs Anti-Gay People and Their Terrible Opinions  "split for offtopic"

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostPaul B, on 13 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

I dont mean to sound rude. While it is an interesting concept, its really not practical for Duke. Why not just enable the real multiplayer. I don't see the fun in sharing a screen or a keyboard it's kind of gay. But nowdays gay seems to be the accepted norm. =S

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Achenar: 13 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

I dont mean to sound rude. While it is an interesting concept, its really not practical for Duke. Why not just enable the real multiplayer. I don't see the fun in sharing a screen or a keyboard it's kind of gay. But nowdays gay seems to be the accepted norm. =S

I would say something here but I'll let all the negative rep points you got for that post speak for itself.

This post has been edited by James: 13 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postbh1002, on 13 August 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

I seem to be having trouble at the moment. How do I map the controls for the second player? I've checked the readme and nothing helped out.

Can someone help?

I think you have to sit on the other players lap! Have you tried that first?

User is offline   bh1002 

View PostPaul B, on 13 August 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

I think you have to sit on the other players lap! Have you tried that first?

Can I get a real response. That you know? WILL HELP ME. ;)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostPaul B, on 13 August 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Yup, I'm not a fan of split screen anything. I prefer the two player side scrollers over split screen. Yes, Halo is gay but at least the players have their own controllers and don't have to sit in the other players lap. Personally, I like to have the screen all to myself and I do not like sharing half the screen with anyone and it becomes too much blurry eyestrain. The word PC stands for Personal Computer not GANG BANG Computer. I can see the reasoning behind consoles but they were designed this way so everyone has their own controller to make due under the circumstances.

The only game that I played and loved which was split screen was the Super NES Mario Kart but that was the only one and it was a console game not a PC game.

In 2012 the average Joe has 2 to 4 computers in their home with over half the world connected to high speed internet using what is called TCP/IP. The only good I can see coming from this is that it will bring more attention to the multi player and maybe we'll see the day where multi player is functional again. I'm not good at sharing my keyboard and monitor and I don't like people invading my personal space. If you guys like to huddle around and sit on each other’s laps while using the same keyboard and screen. You go girl! If one person likes this feature then at least it satisfies someone... just not me.

LOL @ Hendricks266 – Exactly why I don’t want to touch someone else’s keyboard and mouse. Nasty Clowns!

Yeah uh, no one is downvoting you for not liking split screen or thinking that this mod is impractical. It's the fact you have an aura of homophobia which is most unpleasant, and obviously, not very welcome.

User is offline   bh1002 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 13 August 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

It's the fact you have an aura of homophobia which is most unpleasant, and obviously, not very welcome.

I just have to say. That just made my day. ;)

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 13 August 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Yeah uh, no one is downvoting you for not liking split screen or thinking that this mod is impractical. It's the fact you have an aura of homophobia which is most unpleasant, and obviously, not very welcome.

It's not only that; it's the way he tried to make his bigotry sound reasonable.

I dont mean to sound rude.

TOTALLY NOT FRONTING YO

Did Glenn Beck just join the forum and I missed it?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Someone being gay isn't some choice they've made, it's a mutation that causes certain differences in brain function that are normally seen in the opposite sex. It's not "normal" but it's no more wrong than being born albino or with any other difference from the baseline. Likewise, hating the affected individuals for it is no less wrong than hating them for skin color or any other bullshit reason. We're all different.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Keep that kind of shit to yourself. This is a welcoming environment with some occasional razzing. Beyond that you can leave bigotry home. If you don't like it get the fuck out.

Have a nice day!

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMblackwell, on 13 August 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Keep that kind of shit to yourself. This is a welcoming environment with some occasional razzing. Beyond that you can leave bigotry home. If you don't like it get the fuck out.

Have a nice day!

I guess I was totally wrong there are more fags on this forum than i thought and obviously i'm out numbered. Sad day for mankind when the perversion of society outweighs the common good. This world is going to hell also faster than i thought

This post has been edited by Paul B: 13 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostPaul B, on 13 August 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I guess I was totally wrong there are more fags on this forum than i thought and obviously i'm out numbered. Sad day for mankind when the perversion of society outweighs the common good. This world is going to hell also faster than i thought

Wow. Yeah, you totally ARE outnumbered here. There are way more people here willing to accept people as they are regardless of whether or not they personally approve of one's practices than there are people drinking the same hate filled Kool-Aid you've clearly been into.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostSlippy_Pig, on 13 August 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

You can still have your own controller in this. Plug a USB Xbox 360 controller in, get Xpadder, put in the info for what keys you are using and voila: a controller all to yourself, so you don't have to "sit in the other player's lap".
Or, hell, just get any kind of USB controller in and you can still set it up to certain keys. But then again, considering the unintelligent and generally asshole-ish remarks you are making, you are probably in Middle School and configuring a controller for Duke Nukem 3d is mad gay, and you should be playing Call of Duty instead.

Actually.. I don't play call of duty but i think I might be switching my focus over to the new Counter-Strike Global Offensive. I'll leave this post alone now because i've definitely stirred this topic up way too much and its not even on topic any more. Anyway, I give praise to the creator of the mod and his time spent. Keep up the good work. I'm out!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 13 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostPaul B, on 13 August 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Actually.. I don't play call of duty but i think I might be switching my focus over to the new Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Well, good luck with that. I don't care. I only care about this topic and people putting work in this mod.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

As soon as you're outed as a bigoted fuck, you wanna run away from the conversation. You are a sad member of this species.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 13 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostTerminX, on 13 August 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Someone being gay isn't some choice they've made, it's a mutation that causes certain differences in brain function that are normally seen in the opposite sex. It's not "normal" but it's no more wrong than being born albino or with any other difference from the baseline. Likewise, hating the affected individuals for it is no less wrong than hating them for skin color or any other bullshit reason. We're all different.

Human behavior can't be reduced to genetics. Am I supposed to think it's impossible for a men without the "gay gene" to touch a penis? Or for someone with the gene to enjoy vaginas?

That idea of homossexuality being predetermined has been created to counter religion. Of course, in the religious context it may be a very strong argument.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I touch my penis. I guess that makes me gay. I have to get the wrinkles out to wash proper. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Sticking to several things if I'm not careful.

congrats to Paul for successfully derailing the thread. Right or wrong you're entitled to your point of view, but some things are best left unshared

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 13 August 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

As soon as you're outed as a bigoted fuck, you wanna run away from the conversation. You are a sad member of this species.

No I don't think this is the place to obviously talk about my dislike towards homosexuals. So to prevent further insult to injury and get myself banned I am refusing to comment any further on the topic since obviously this isn't the right topic thread. I've said what was needed to be said. Knowing what I know now i'll definitely be frequenting these forums less and I should be doing you all a favor.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 13 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

User is offline   Gambini 

Well when i posted that i missed the whole second page.

Hold the fuck on! Are people marginating someone by thinking like Duke Nukem, in a Duke Nukem forum?

I´m not intolerant with gay people. But gay friendliese should be more tolerant with those who don´t like gays. It´s not like he wants to kill all of them. He only said split-screen is gay, which is a funny analogy.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostGambini, on 13 August 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Well when i posted that i missed the whole second page.

Hold the fuck on! Are people marginating someone by thinking like Duke Nukem, in a Duke Nukem forum?

I´m not intolerant with gay people. But gay friendliese should be more tolerant with those who don´t like gays. It´s not like he wants to kill all of them. He only said split-screen is gay, which is a funny analogy.

Gambini, it is a losing battle you don't need to get involved in. I am not trying to bring anyone else down with me. I also think a moderator deleted my post that bashed the gay pride thing. But my intial post wasn't bashing sexuality it was blown out of proportion real fast then I used sexuality to make an example of a good person while being rude to homosexuals which surprisingly offended a lot of people. That was when I believe an admin deleted my post off the forum and gave me a warning. Which was when I realized that I was out numbered and found out that the word "gay" is worse than dropping the F-bomb around here. What's been done has been done and I can't change the past so let's just take it back to the original thread topic.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 14 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I split out the posts that were centered around the "Gay" discussion rather than the splitscreen mod itself.

View PostFox, on 13 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Human behavior can't be reduced to genetics. Am I supposed to think it's impossible for a men without the "gay gene" to touch a penis? Or for someone with the gene to enjoy vaginas?

That idea of homossexuality being predetermined has been created to counter religion. Of course, in the religious context it may be a very strong argument.

It's not a gay gene per se, but the direct cause is instead hormone levels in the womb affecting brain and body development. So, biological, yes, genetic, at least not directly.

User is offline   Jblade 

wow, you're a cunt! I actually feel kinda ashamed for even liking your levels now I know what a terrible person you are.

This post has been edited by James: 13 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Someone being gay isn't some choice they've made, it's a mutation that causes certain differences in brain function that are normally seen in the opposite sex.

Not trying to be devil's advocate, but isn't it up to debate? At least with the theory that people are "born gay". Aren't there other factors as well? Glancing through wiki's article I couldn't find a factual answer to that. The issue being a political one doesn't help either. And I don't really care "why", quite frankly. For all I care you can kiss men just because you want it, not because you're obligated by the nature/whatever.

I guess I was totally wrong there are more fags on this forum than i thought and obviously i'm out numbered.

The only fag here is you.

View PostJames, on 13 August 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

wow, you're a cunt! I actually feel kinda ashamed for even liking your levels now I know what a terrible person you are.

Well, levels could still be fun despite the designer being piece of shit.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostGambini, on 13 August 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I´m not intolerant with gay people. But gay friendliese should be more tolerant with those who don´t like gays. It´s not like he wants to kill all of them.

I´m not intolerant with jewish people. But jew friendlies should be more tolerant with those who don't like jews. It´s not like he wants to kill all of them.

User is offline   CruX 

Hey, guys! What'd I mi-- HOLYSHIT!

View PostPaul B, on 13 August 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Knowing what I know now i'll definitely be frequenting these forums less and I should be doing you all a favor.

Yeah, don't let the door hit you on the way out, Phelps.

• Evil Overlord

View PostHendricks266, on 13 August 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

I split out the posts that were centered around the "Gay" discussion rather than the splitscreen mod itself.

View PostFox, on 13 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

It's not a gay gene per se, but the direct cause is instead hormone levels in the womb affecting brain and body development. So, biological, yes, genetic, at least not directly.

Besides, it's a dumb argument. If you weren't predisposed to liking other penises (than your own) in a sexual way you wouldn't touch them in a sexual way. The argument delivered is a false equivalence.

User is offline   Kathy 

What if I haven't liked before, but now I do?

• Evil Overlord

View PostBurnett, on 14 August 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

What if I haven't liked before, but now I do?

Was there a point/argument to that statement?

User is offline   Loke 

View PostEmericaSkater, on 14 August 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

Yeah, don't let the door hit you on the way out, Phelps.

Good riddance.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMblackwell, on 14 August 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Was there a point/argument to that statement?

There was. Should I need to have an inherent predisposition to like same sex people to actually like them later?

This post has been edited by Burnett: 14 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I heard that masturbating while sitting on the toilet isn't gay until you put a finger up your butt.

As far as having a disposition for attraction to the same sex being a "programmed" trait or a learned trait, it's probably a little bit of both.

I have a cousin who had two sons. They were both brought up under the same roof, with the same parents, under the same circumstances. One is gay, one is not.

Both children have the same genetics and are raised in the same household, why do they have different propensities?

This is a poor analogy, but the best I can come up with atm. It's like alcoholism or addictive personalities, people aren't born desiring booze, but learn it from society. Due to "design" they are more likely to try out alcohol once they learn of it and find that they really like it.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options