Duke4.net Forums: When Will The Trailer Be Ready? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Will The Trailer Be Ready?

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View Postaftli, on Aug 20 2008, 02:27 PM, said:

Anybody else feel they might just do the right thing, and ride the Duke 3D on XBL thing and introduce the trailer on the day of release for that, or shortly thereafter?

Nope.

If they so much as release another thumbnail this year, it'll surprise me.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View Postaftli, on Aug 20 2008, 03:27 PM, said:

Anybody else feel they might just do the right thing, and ride the Duke 3D on XBL thing and introduce the trailer on the day of release for that, or shortly thereafter?

Highly doubtful but you never know.

Duke3D being released on Xbox Live for the 360 should get a ton of attention for Duke eh? :)

Wonder what that'll lead up to.........

Kristian-It appears from reading Jeron's profile that he is no longer employed at 3drealms.

This post has been edited by kaisersoze: 20 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

• Honored Donor

View Postkaisersoze, on Aug 20 2008, 02:59 PM, said:

Kristian-It appears from reading Jeron's profile that he is no longer employed at 3drealms.

I noticed that too.

Probably something trivial, like wanting to be part of something that actually ships.

User is offline   rockmx8 

View Postaftli, on Aug 20 2008, 03:27 PM, said:

I sure hope so like I mentioned before about this as well... :)

View PostSinisterambo, on Aug 20 2008, 12:10 PM, said:

Because every time you post, your eternal optimism which you force onto us "dudes" makes me almost hope the game gets delayed again just to see your level of endless hope drop.

Its so patronising for you to tell others to keep faith. I know you're a firm believer as we all are. You don't need to tell us anything with regards to what you think the game will be like because we all know your thought. If you feel the need to type those words then type them into notepad instead and then set it as your wallpaper.

You also have a track record for employing blind faith in your judgements (ie god).

I welcome your opinion with respect and gratitude... ;)

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Aug 20 2008, 10:20 PM, said:

I noticed that too.

Probably something trivial, like wanting to be part of something that actually ships.

maybe his work was done and he isn't needed anymore. He done a lot of media stuff for DNF and DN3D according to his profile and which must now be finished or in the last stages. There is coming something big. :)

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Aug 20 2008, 08:14 PM, said:

maybe his work was done and he isn't needed anymore. He done a lot of media stuff for DNF and DN3D according to his profile and which must now be finished or in the last stages. There is coming something big. :)

Yeah, maybe. Although the same thing was thought after the last mass exodus of talent too.

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Aug 20 2008, 09:14 PM, said:

maybe his work was done and he isn't needed anymore.

I'd like to think that too. We shall see.

I know about Jeron's departure. If you guys had been following the DNF staff page we have here on Duke4.net you would have noticed that. I disagree with the "not needed" any more sentiment, since there is always something a developer can do. But I wouldn't make anything particular out of Jeron's departure since he also left his other job.

Anyway that was not at all the point of linking that profile. I just found the mention of music videos highly bizarre.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

So the summer brought nothing, what's the next bet about the trailer's release? End of the year? :)

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostNihilanth, on Aug 22 2008, 10:58 PM, said:

So the summer brought nothing, what's the next bet about the trailer's release? End of the year? :)

I'm sure the full 2001 style trailer will be released well before the end of the year. I think it will definately be this fall at the latest. ;) It could be any time now. They've probably already finished the trailer, and they're just waiting to release on whatever date they've chosen. ;) I'm really excited, because I know that every time I load up 3D Realms' site or Duke4.net there's a really good chance that there will be news about the trailer. ;) We've already seen the game on the Jace Hall Show and in the teaser, so the process of getting to the full trailer is almost complete!!!! ;)

This post has been edited by ultra tree 85!: 23 August 2008 - 05:10 AM

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 23 2008, 01:44 AM, said:

I know about Jeron's departure. If you guys had been following the DNF staff page we have here on Duke4.net you would have noticed that. I disagree with the "not needed" any more sentiment, since there is always something a developer can do. But I wouldn't make anything particular out of Jeron's departure since he also left his other job.

Anyway that was not at all the point of linking that profile. I just found the mention of music videos highly bizarre.

Maybe he left due to personal reasons.

And yes a DNF music video? WTF!

Kristian do you know when he left?

It says so in that very profile:

Associate Producer (Audio/Video)
3D Realms Entertainment

(Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Games industry)

January 2006 — July 2008 (2 years 7 months)

and:

Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Artistry Entertainment

(Entertainment industry)

May 2003 — May 2008 (5 years 1 month)

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 23 2008, 07:16 PM, said:

It says so in that very profile:
and:

really strange. I wonder what he now does.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Another thing that Jeron Moore mentions on his linkedin profile is that he has worked on "Interview / Doc-Style Pieces" - could this mean they are really doing the making-of on DNF? Sounds like it. Hopefully this is true.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

So they only got him for the teaser and Duke3d xbox....it seems DNF will not have music for real.

User is offline   Dennis 

In the coming six months we have seen the trailer and/or we know a release date. I have never said that before, but now I am sure of it.

Duke3d XBOX live = attention for DUKE + 2 Months Duke Forever Trailer + 6 or 8 months release on PC / XBOX

• Honored Donor

View PostDennis, on Aug 25 2008, 06:20 AM, said:

In the coming six months we have seen the trailer and/or we know a release date. I have never said that before, but now I am sure of it.
Duke3d XBOX live = attention for DUKE + 2 Months Duke Forever Trailer + 6 or 8 months release on PC / XBOX

Sounds pretty good Dennis. I'd buy that for a dollar! :)

Finally, I’d be remiss if I didn’t ask what everyone wants to know...what’s up with Duke Nukem Forever?

George Broussard: It’s going really well. There are several hours of fairly polished game to play. We’re actively testing parts of the game and getting feedback from play testers and things are coming together. It’s fun, it’s in focus, we know what bits are fun and which are not, and it’s just a matter of time now. I’ve probably never been as happy or excited about the game as I am these days.

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/2289/D...D-Interview/p1/

facts: - several hours of fairly polished game to play
- extensive testing happens
- more testing is needed.

But I'm not quite sure if they hit beta or alpha stage. I'm thinking more of the first but you never know.

But nethertheless I conclude a trailer or something like that is right around the corner.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Agreed! Several hours of gameplay is quite a bit. It should be plenty to show off in a trailer. My guess is that we'll see some sort of new media by the end of the year! It all depends on when George decides to show more off. As he said recently: "There's much much more to see and come." It sounds to me like we might have more than one trailer, like maybe 1 or 2 gameplay trailers, then the full-blown trailer!

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

i think the game is in beta stages and they're just polishing it and making sure everything works and replacing small bits of concept/programmer art thats still in game that they were using as placeholders or to test things.

and probebly trying some other small new things.
but yes, IMO i think were going to see DNF soon =]
(in the form of a teser/trailer then in proceeding months the game itself)

User is offline   godlike 

Reassuring us that the game is on track is -at least- something. I bet that everyone here will be really excited when the trailer hits the net. The waiting is the worst part.

• Honored Donor

Ok, but they've been reassuring us for ages - "light at the end of the tunnel" was how many years ago? Sorry, but I no longer believe a word they say about this game. Show me. Until then, it's just the same empty words we've been reading all along.

View Postgodlike, on Aug 26 2008, 06:38 AM, said:

Reassuring us that the game is on track is -at least- something. I bet that everyone here will be really excited when the trailer hits the net. The waiting is the worst part.

It will be worth the time and wait 4 sure, I can't wait for the trailer this year alongside all of u dudes!

GET READY TO ROCK HARD!!!

• Honored Donor

. . . . must . . . . not . . . . puke!

:)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

hehe
DNF if coming.
I hope.....

does the trailer will get released on christmas or earlier? I mean Christmas is the last date in George's promise.
I do hope it will come out this month or November. What do you think?

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

What promise, I can't remember anything about it. I hope we will see more stuff this year, but that's up to 3D Realms.

Like Kaiser said before, one or 2 months after Duke 3D's Release they should unveil more DNF media, I say it will be this year as well. I really can't wait to see a Trailer this year, most likely it will be this year, also they did say the next time we see DNF will be in substantial form and that the media is coming as told in their interviews so far. No the Screens from Duke 3D Don't count though... :)

Well I'm going to keep myself busy until then and more, keep the faith and patience guys!! :)

Real Men who say they are True Duke Fans can do it, and I know you guys can do it... :D

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 12 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

User is offline   Psyrgery 

If a trailer is not showed this year, there will be no more reason to stay tuned. I mean, our limits have been reached over and over, I believe it could be their last chance to satisfy their fans.

I have always bet on Duke. Sadly I can't say the same about 3DR...

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options