Duke4.net Forums: When Will The Trailer Be Ready? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Will The Trailer Be Ready?

one month ago Scott asked us what made the 2001 trailer so cool. I guess this is the time they started working on the new trailer. So when the new trailer will be ready for release? I say in early August because 2 months for a trailer is enough for them.
What do you think? People with indepth industry knowledge are welcome! :)

User is offline   trackit 

there is only one answer: WID :)

User is offline   rockmx8 

Well now I'd say Summer or Fall most likely we'll see it... :)

we used to say summer... but half of it is already gone and no sign of trailer coming :S

Yep you are 100% correct, just as there was no sign of the teaser until the day before.

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

And half of the summer gone? Only 2/9 or so :)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

The Trailer is ready when your mother says it is!

User is offline   Danule 

at this rate im guessing never, :)

User is offline   Lead 

Its funny because given all their "soon", "stay tuned" comments it made it feel like if anybody guessed summer that they were guessing too long just to be safe and not guess too early. I think the comments had given me enough faith to where if somebody told me it would be mid July with no word at all, I'd have been very surprised.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

'Stay Tuned'
For a series or thumbnails then another media blackout!
lol, anyway i think dnf will come out late this year or early-mid next year.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

The trailer could already be ready and the release could actually be AID (After it's Done).

yeah, "stay tuned for another blackout" :)

Though George did say something like "i can assure you, something like full trailer in on the way" blah blah blah... in december 2007

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View Posttrackit, on Jul 12 2008, 02:11 AM, said:

yeah, "stay tuned for another blackout" :)

Though George did say something like "i can assure you, something like full trailer in on the way" blah blah blah... in december 2007

You should know better than anyone Trackit that what George says should be taken with a huge grain of salt. ;) And I'm not implying he's purposely misleading people. I just think their development process throws alot of curves at them.

Well, the same goes for you, underwear-eater :)

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

^ hahaha :)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Joe (i think it was joe....) said on the 3DR site that the teaser we saw wasnt the full thing shown at the christmas party.
I wonder what footage was cut for the public release?
and Jace Hall didnt release all the footage due to the the shows running time, apparently there was about 20 minutes of footage he tapped.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

It's not footage that was cut, it was a sound file.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

from the teaser of the jace hall show?
because of course the jace hall show was cut xD
you would have to be a retard not to notice lol :)

EDIT- Read the article on the 3DR front page, you were right they cut a 4 minutes of audio out.

As part of the "present to the company", we got Jon St. John to participate as well by recording an audio track as Duke which runs about 4 minutes or so where he "talks" to the development team about Duke Nukem Forever. This was audio only, there was no "video" with it. For the majority of the team, it was the first time they had heard the clip; it was quite funny. At the time we didn't consider releasing it, since we wanted the teaser video to stand on its own. Furthermore, it was made up of an awful lot of inside jokes and remarks about the staff; things we never expected most people to “get”.

Yeah well we'd like to hear the Audio of Jon St. John and watch the full Jace Hall Footage especially parts like where he goes to 3DR's doorstep and says I'm here to see DNF God Damn it!! Also the part where George steps in and says cut the camera, and more stuff like that would be awesome and cool to see.

Plus that trailer better be here before the end of the year for DNF and DNT.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Funny how we all accepted that july isn't the trailer month, and now we're waiting for December...

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View PostDavoX, on Jul 16 2008, 02:49 AM, said:

Funny how we all accepted that july isn't the trailer month, and now we're waiting for December...

Yeah, so things go, I wouldn't lose my hope :) We will see it this year, the trailer at least.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Well I thought July was logical but when it comes to this game, logic should be thrown out the window. :)

Who knows at this point. Sounds like they're behind and trying to catch up to internal goals they fell behind in.

Probably not gonna see anything until late this year trailer wise. No chance of it shipping this year.

I'm still sticking with a summer 2009 release.

View Postzchri9, on Jul 13 2008, 04:01 AM, said:

I wonder what footage was cut for the public release?

Probably the battlelord. :)

User is offline   django 

View Postkaisersoze, on Jul 17 2008, 09:12 PM, said:

I'm still sticking with a summer 2009 release.

Well, they can stick their game up their )(&()=

I'm had it with this wait, getting all my posts nuked at that forum, hearing "it's on track, we're swimming nicely bla bla yada yada", and then see a post saying "we need to hire more people to make levels."

WTF is all this. Good Buy everybody. I quit.

/Django

If Duke Nukem Trilogy is releasing in the Summer then I'd go with Duke Nukem Forever for the Summer Release as well. You're right Kaiser, Summer is most likely the release date for DNF as well now.

User is offline   Lead 

View Postrockmx8, on Jul 17 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

If Duke Nukem Trilogy is releasing in the Summer then I'd go with Duke Nukem Forever for the Summer Release as well.

WHY?

What is your reasoning? Is waiting for something easier for you guys when you just keep telling yourselves\each other things like this to reassure even though it is based on nothing solid at all?

Also kind of stupid is that somebody just said they are "quitting" based on some pulled-from-ass guess that somebody else posted.

The fact is nobody knows anything, and it makes on sense that from nothing people act like they have some expert info. Had anybody else just considered that maybe hiring new people was being done just for the sake of adding new people? Or maybe one guy was switching companies so they are just replacing them?

Also I'm pretty sure I remember somebody in the industry pointing out that it isn't uncommon for people to come and go throughout a project, or even be hired just as one project is about to end. So the fact that they posted some help wanted ad doesn't really tell anything at all.

One possibly solid thing is GB saying that they wouldn't do any unveiling until it was at most 6 months from release. So basically if that *is* true, for each day DNF isn't unveiled you just assume it's still at least 6 months away. Also means that the day they do unveil it we still have a considerable wait.

User is offline   Danule 

View Postdjango, on Jul 17 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

Well, they can stick their game up their )(&()=

I'm had it with this wait, getting all my posts nuked at that forum, hearing "it's on track, we're swimming nicely bla bla yada yada", and then see a post saying "we need to hire more people to make levels."

WTF is all this. Good Buy everybody. I quit.

/Django

i feel the same exact way, i am going to stop giving a shit about dnf untill its released waiting for this bullshit is getting too annoying.

User is offline   Lead 

Well yeah, active waiting is completely retarded. They've said themselves many times to just go play other games and not hang around.

Looking forward to something is one thing, but some people take it a bit too far. I'm looking forward to the game but otherwise I don't really get that hung up about it. I only get a bit annoyed at delays at times because I wish it would be over already, but its only very brief passing thoughts.

Come on guys there's nothing wrong with making thought out guesses like the way I do, stay optimistic and positive no matter what happens. We should see a Trailer by October, if not then before the end of this year is for sure. Just hang in there, DNF should be worth the wait. After all DNF should be released by Summer 2009 so we should see a lot more media before the end of the year.

i think i will also quit bothering... I have "waited" for DNF since 1998 trailer, checking forums on regular basis, hoping to see some info etc. Gosh, its 10+ years.

Its time to make a stop loss :)

I think a lot of my "excitement" regarding DNF is based on that whole mystery (no informarion about the game and thus high expectations) and above all, its because i am just plain used to it! if you do someting for 10 years then it kinda becomes a habit you know ;) My hands just open web browser and type www.3drealms.com/forums all by themselves, my brain doesnt even think when i do that ;) Damn... i dont even play games these days. I will build my new comp in a couple of weeks and guess what, i wount put any fancy gpu in there, just some ordinary silent fanless one, because i dont remember when was last time i played a game. These days i use my computer for other stuff i do...

So yeah, from this point i will stop bothering with DNF and i will try to get rid of my useless habit to visit 3drealms and duke4 sites ;)

if i hear some day in the far far distant future, that trailer for DNF has been released, then i will propably watch it, but i doubt that i will buy the game, cause i doubt that this trailer will blow me away to extent that it will bring me back to gaming again. Actually, quite frankly. i think i will be dissapointed by trailer. I think it will be quite ordinary shooter afterall. (if its going to be released)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options