Duke4.net Forums: When Will The Trailer Be Ready? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Will The Trailer Be Ready?

WTF, all people giving up hope! Keep patience guys!

User is offline   rockmx8 

Exactly...

User is offline   Dennis 

View Posttrackit, on Jul 22 2008, 12:39 AM, said:

i think i will also quit bothering... I have "waited" for DNF since 1998 trailer, checking forums on regular basis, hoping to see some info etc. Gosh, its 10+ years.

Its time to make a stop loss :)

I think a lot of my "excitement" regarding DNF is based on that whole mystery (no informarion about the game and thus high expectations) and above all, its because i am just plain used to it! if you do someting for 10 years then it kinda becomes a habit you know ;) My hands just open web browser and type www.3drealms.com/forums all by themselves, my brain doesnt even think when i do that ;) Damn... i dont even play games these days. I will build my new comp in a couple of weeks and guess what, i wount put any fancy gpu in there, just some ordinary silent fanless one, because i dont remember when was last time i played a game. These days i use my computer for other stuff i do...

So yeah, from this point i will stop bothering with DNF and i will try to get rid of my useless habit to visit 3drealms and duke4 sites ;)

if i hear some day in the far far distant future, that trailer for DNF has been released, then i will propably watch it, but i doubt that i will buy the game, cause i doubt that this trailer will blow me away to extent that it will bring me back to gaming again. Actually, quite frankly. i think i will be dissapointed by trailer. I think it will be quite ordinary shooter afterall. (if its going to be released)

It has no use to resist my son, you will wait in line at 3drealms and hitting F5 every second when the trailer will be near. You will also buy GT280 in sli just to play it at the highest resolution.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

It certainly does make one wonder just exactly what their definition of "stay tuned" is. It's looking more and more like the only thing we're gonna get for it is another "stay tuned" an entire year after the last one.

That's really pathetic.

Look we'll see it soon enough, just hang in there guys, 3DR came this far I admire their strength and determination to go on even of all that time and resource spent on DNF. They certainly are not pathetic, have faith it will sooner than you'd expect it to.

In the meantime let's do what we need to until the Trailer releases.

User is offline   Havoc 05 

View Postrockmx8, on Jul 22 2008, 11:22 PM, said:

In the meantime let's do what we need to until the Trailer releases.

Which is?

I think we should just all not think about it for a while.... a watched pot never boils..

Then sooner or later we'll look on store shelves and go, "Well I'll be..."
and then buy it.

But for now be satisfied about the psp/ds games coming out.

-havoc 05 out

User is offline   Danule 

i saw screenshots for this game in 1997/1998 in gamepro or something. its 2008. they finally release some shit and say "Stay Tuned" theres an interview with some dude saying "stay tuned" we wait 4 months, and nothing. 3drealms can go fuck themselves.

User is offline   Danule 

that was a bit harsh. once they acutally show us some real footage and what not i wont be as pissed off, but i certainly as pissed that they are stringing us along like that.

User is offline   Lead 

I think I recall saying something a long time ago on the DNF board that George or someone ended up agreeing with, which kind of sucks.

But it was something along the lines of what Danule just said. Basically it was that once it is all over and we finally get media and a release date, nobody is going to give a shit anymore about the 10 years of waiting and annoyances.

So basically if you operate off of that then you won't really care what you do in the mean time or how much it bothers people, because it will be in all meaningful ways forgotten once we get past it.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Oh believe me there WILL be people who won't get past it and will still be annoyed about it.

I'm just doing other stuff and check 3dr from time to time just to see if something happened.

But I seriously doubt it will be released by the summer of 2009. The trilogy is already coming for that date and 3DR won't be putting two Duke games at the same time. They want people to have time to buy each. So my guess (oh lord) would be the end of 2009.

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

"When its done, bitch"

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

They just put up the Level Designers Ad not long ago. Give them a little time to finish some levels and I'm sure we will be seeing a full-blown trailer in the upcoming months.

Thats assuming that the designers were hired to finish levels, not make levels.

(I'll have to go look at what george said)

There's still no guarantee, no set date.

This years looking like a no... And next year is looking pretty slim too.

I find the, "When it's done" moniker more bearable (and realistic) than, "Stay tuned."

(Now when I see it I go into a fit of uncrontrolable rage)

Edit: Checked the page at 3d realms... doesn't mention much about helping finish levels, mentions going faster, and 360 experience.

The Level Designers Ad is no longer active, so they probably hired some help. Yeah, they want to go faster because they want it done. It's hard telling how many more levels they need to make. Maybe a few, or maybe 30 or so. With some real experienced people designing the levels, I assure you it won't take long to finish them.

That's right my friend!!

Hopefully we should see a Trailer this year around October or before this year is over. And the release date will be around Summer 2009 for sure it seems.

I really hope 3D Realms is using the hype behind the upcoming DN3D arcade release in September for pushing DNF. I can't wait any longer.

We should see some DNF news next month as well.

• Honored Donor

^ All the optimism in the world won't fit 10 pounds into a 5 pound bag.

Optimism has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the bag and what it was meant to hold. for instance, a five pound blanket would take up a lot of space, more-so than a ten pound hunk o' lead...

This post has been edited by Havoc 05: 18 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

Could it be that they will reveal the Trailer for DNF on the same day of the Duke 3D 360 Live Arcade's Release? It looks like they may...

View Postrockmx8, on Aug 19 2008, 03:10 AM, said:

Could it be that they will reveal the Trailer for DNF on the same day of the Duke 3D 360 Live Arcade's Release? It looks like they may...

That would be cool, but it's hard to tell what they're planning on doing. Speaking of the trailer, I had a dream last night that I watched it! If the real trailer is anywhere near as awesome as the one in my dream, then prepare to be blown away!

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Aug 19 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

That would be cool, but it's hard to tell what they're planning on doing. Speaking of the trailer, I had a dream last night that I watched it! If the real trailer is anywhere near as awesome as the one in my dream, then prepare to be blown away!

Yeah dude I sure hope they release it on the Duke 3D release date and or this year for sure!! I had dreams like that too, I can't wait for it dudes!!

• Honored Donor

View Postrockmx8, on Aug 19 2008, 02:10 AM, said:

It looks like they may...

How?

Please ban him

When Is The Trailer Ready?

The trailer is one thing, how about the Music Videos:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeron

View PostSinisterambo, on Aug 19 2008, 09:09 AM, said:

Please ban him

Why?

View Postrockmx8, on Aug 19 2008, 10:11 PM, said:

Why?

Because every time you post, your eternal optimism which you force onto us "dudes" makes me almost hope the game gets delayed again just to see your level of endless hope drop.

Its so patronising for you to tell others to keep faith. I know you're a firm believer as we all are. You don't need to tell us anything with regards to what you think the game will be like because we all know your thought. If you feel the need to type those words then type them into notepad instead and then set it as your wallpaper.

You also have a track record for employing blind faith in your judgements (ie god).

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 20 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Lol, that made me laugh. I love you guys both, but please take that stuff into PMs.

Let's stay on topic. :)

User is offline   aftli 

Anybody else feel they might just do the right thing, and ride the Duke 3D on XBL thing and introduce the trailer on the day of release for that, or shortly thereafter?

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

As much as I feel for you, I think that'd be wishful thinking. :)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options