• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem PSX sprites and tiles rips  "Finally available for download"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Mapster32 has a map scale function.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I think he meant to re-scale all texture to double their size.

This post has been edited by Fox: 29 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Mapster has a perfectly accurate resizing feature.

Edit:

Mapster32 has a map scale function.

Note to self: Check if it's the last page before posting.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 29 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostFox, on 29 June 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I think he meant to re-scale all texture to double their size.

Both. That and to make the map bigger. Already done.

I guess I've gathered enough stuff now to make a release if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Attached File  TTK Rips.zip (1.01MB)
Number of downloads: 656

User is offline   Darkus 

Another update. Check first post.

I'm sorry, but I did not finish Battlelord in time (still because of walking animation), and I had to wait to return for update. but now he should be complete.

I have an idea for next update: reconvert all monsters files to 8bpp, since they using only 64 colors.

Here a sample:
Posted Image

The green color is not for made it ugly, it's the "unused" color, take a look for his palette:
Posted Image

I could make them for all monsters,but since I do not return here for some weeks, so you'll need to be patient.

User is offline   Fox 

I don't think you should bother about that. And looking at Chuck Jones models, some monsters like the Octabrain are clearly using a more accurate palette than the PC version.

User is offline   Fox 

Okay, got the info, the following names are OFFICIAL and are listed in the Exclusive Strategy Guide:

- Pig-in-a-Dress
- Ghost Enforcer
- Underwater Drone
- Zombie Pig Cop
- Magnum P.I.G.
- CyberKeef

The new Assault Trooper is not referenced in the guide however. So there is no official name for him.

User is offline   Lunick 

I just want to see them ingame to see how they look in eduke :L

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The rank comparison for enemy names in Duke is a joke. To begin with, they use officer ranks instead of enlisted, and they flipflop between army and navy. Trooper and Enforcer aren't real ranks at all. I would suggest Assault Colonel as an unofficial name for the new trooper. General is too high a rank, that is something more like the Battlelord.

http://www.defense.g...s/officers.aspx

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 29 June 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Here's what I've built so far:

Attachment TTKMap.jpg

I don't think I'll build on it anymore, though. I might have to start over because I made everything half the size as it is in Duke3D. The sidewalks are only 512 wide. It would work if you could downsize the player and everything else, but I might as well just build it bigger.

If you don't plan to finish it. PM what you have. I'd love to continue wherever you left off.

I'm thinking of tinkering together a few 8-bit weapon sprites (Deagle, Shotgun, Chaingun replacements).

User is offline   Fox 

View PostHendricks266, on 06 July 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

The rank comparison for enemy names in Duke is a joke. To begin with, they use officer ranks instead of enlisted, and they flipflop between army and navy. Trooper and Enforcer aren't real ranks at all. I would suggest Assault Colonel as an unofficial name for the new trooper. General is too high a rank, that is something more like the Battlelord.

http://www.defense.g...s/officers.aspx

Huh, good one. But they should be lower than Assault Commander, don't? I don't know if Assault Major or Assault Lieutnant sound any good.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostFox, on 06 July 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Huh, good one. But they should be lower than Assault Commander, don't? I don't know if Assault Major or Assault Lieutnant sound any good.

I like the idea of Assault Major.

• Judge Mental

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 29 June 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Both. That and to make the map bigger. Already done.

I guess I've gathered enough stuff now to make a release if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Attachment TTK Rips.zip

I've been toying around with the PVV this afternoon to try and get more textures out.

How the **** did you stand doing this for that long? This is like pulling teeth.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 July 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

I've been toying around with the PVV this afternoon to try and get more textures out.

How the **** did you stand doing this for that long? This is like pulling teeth.

It's best to go in-game and take a screenshot of the texture you're interested in so you have something to go by. I was finding the correct palettes pretty fast before I gave up after failing to find the correct palette for the stone ground texture, which is the texture that's in the first level where the dumpster is.

Here is where most or all of the texture and sign palettes are:

Attached Image: TexturePaletteLocation.jpg

User is offline   Fox 

So is it possible to rip the palettes of the Assault Troopers? Or the engine uses something else to determine the colors?

What you do with the program is select an area with that red square you see to left in the screenshot that I posted. It will show the tiles below ungarbled. And then you use the palette mode where you place the cursor over the palettes until you find the correct one.

• Judge Mental

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 07 July 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

What you do with the program is select an area with that red square you see to left in the screenshot that I posted. It will show the tiles below ungarbled. And then you use the palette mode where you place the cursor over the palettes until you find the correct one.

It's only supposed to let you select one line at a time for the pallete, right? Any of other modes and the pictures below seem to come out as semi-garbled still.

EDIT:

The good news is I have all the music, all the cinematics, and all the sound fx (one-liners, guns, pig/alien noises, all of it, even the babe chatter).

I've even gotten the 8bit Desert Eagle ready to rock. I think instead of approaching it as a 1 for 1 TTK converstion I think I might be a little looser with the level design, simply because Duke3D does not play like Time to Kill. General layouts intact, mostly the same secrets, etc... But changes to avoid having to do extensive CON coding. IE: new keycards and new weapons. Simple stuff, sure, but unless someone who is heavy into con stuff comes on board I won't be doing much that way.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 07 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 July 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

It's only supposed to let you select one line at a time for the pallete, right? Any of other modes and the pictures below seem to come out as semi-garbled still.

Yes. Do you see those multicolored squares at the top of the program? Click 4 bpp...the first square. The tiles will still look funny until you find the correct palette.

• Judge Mental

Not quite on topic, but here's that Desert Eagle I was talking about in game.

No muzzy flash yet, but i'm working on it. Plus it needs to be better aligned before it'll look right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

You deserve a medal for this. All that's left really now would be the exclusive levels and SFX.

Fantastic!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options