Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem PSX sprites and tiles rips - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem PSX sprites and tiles rips  "Finally available for download"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostLAW, on 20 June 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Wasn't Land Of The Babes a real disgrace?

Yeah. It makes Time to Kill look like a masterpiece.

User is offline   LAW 

This is my personal ranking of all Dukes I have played:
1. Duke Nukem 64
2. Duke Nukem Advance
3. Duke Nukem Total Meltdown
4. Duke Nukem Zero Hour
5. Duke Nukem 3D Atomic PC (pure)
6. Duke Nukem Mobile (Zodiac)
7. Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
8. Duke Nukem Time To Kill
9. Lameduke :(
10. Duke Nukem II
11. Duke Nukem I
12. Duke Nukem Land Of The Babes
13. Duke Nukem Genesis

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

The only thing decent about Land of the babes was the intro song, everything else was ass.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Hey, that wasn't the ONLY good thing about it... I have a promotional Planet of the Babes pen (from before the name change) that I got from Yatta who got it from Charlie Wiederhold. It's a pretty kick-ass pen... has a little window that shows Duke sayings printed on a little rotating cylinder inside. The sayings change every time the pen is clicked. :(

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostLAW, on 20 June 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

This is my personal ranking of all Dukes I have played:
1. Duke Nukem 64
2. Duke Nukem Advance
3. Duke Nukem Total Meltdown
4. Duke Nukem Zero Hour
5. Duke Nukem 3D Atomic PC (pure)
6. Duke Nukem Mobile (Zodiac)
7. Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
8. Duke Nukem Time To Kill
9. Lameduke :(
10. Duke Nukem II
11. Duke Nukem I
12. Duke Nukem Land Of The Babes
13. Duke Nukem Genesis

Seems like you've missed out on the absolute best verion on Duke on game.com

In case someone's actually taking this post seriously : I actually own a game.com (yes, don't ask me why.). While I haven't tried Duke on it, I've tried Resident Evil 2 on it.

Both the game and console are the absolute worst things I've ever experienced as a gamer.

Not even as a hardcore Duke fan you want to play on that "console", trust me.

In fact this isn't even worth mentionning and I shouldn't post this message....

• el fundador

Heh. I love how the pistol reload tiles are converted from the actual PC Duke Nukem 3D verbatim, including the edge of the tile where Duke's arm was cut since that area wasn't displayed on-screen on the PC. How very sad.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I liked LOTB, mostly for its dialog but the rest of the game was nothing good.

I wanna play through Zero Hour but out of that entire collection I have, I got no N64 memory card.

• el fundador

Somebody is going to say I'm blasphemous for saying this, but Zero Hour kinda sucks on the actual console hardware in a few ways. It looks pretty nice (for a N64 game) when you have that memory expansion pak installed and the game set to hi-res mode, but the framerate takes a huge dive. In contrast, the regular lo-res mode runs alright but it's clearly running at a lower resolution than a lot of other games, so it's really blurry. It's a lot of fun despite the issues though.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm too lazy to go look, but I'm pretty sure you can see the edge of duke's arm cut off in the reload animation in game. However, you have to pay close attention. I know I made a wide-screen friendly edit of that frame for my mod.

• el fundador

You can see it, briefly, if you're in the right part of the weapon sway when it displays. It's a bit different from the Tiger version just plastering it in the center of the screen. :(

User is online   zykov eddy 

Lol, this thread has inspired me to start making a PC port of an excellent Genesis version

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 20 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

• Judge Mental

View Postzykov eddy, on 20 June 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Lol, this thread has inspired me to start making a PC port of an excellent Genesis version

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It'd probably be immensely easier to play with PC controls. Worst thing about that port was the limited animations making the enemies blow the piss out of you, and the shoddy-for-shit controls.

The Genesis version had horrid controls, and in the beginning, not NEARLY enough ammo for ANYTHING. Especially on Come Get Some, where there are a shit ton more enemies.

Also, the enemies shot more often and it was hard to hit them when they moved considering how fast Duke turns.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

@zykov eddy
You need to start using https://imgur.com/ and not imageshack.

Thank god for Adblock Plus. :(

User is online   zykov eddy 

Yeah, imageshack sucks way too much last time. Thanks for the link, looks cool and less complicated than imageshack.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

The Genesis version reminds me of this Doom-to-Wolfenstein 3-D clone/port project, and I generally find such kind of "demakes" a neat idea (if properly executed that is). I fancy the Wolf3D engine can pack a lot of Duke action :( Come to think of it, I also wonder how well Duke could blend with ROTT :(

BTW, on a somewhat (un)related note, has anyone ever made or considered making Blake Stone tribute levels for Duke Nukem 3D, akin to the Wolfenstein 3-D tribute secret levels in Doom II? The Pig Cops could fill in quite well for the "rent-a-cop" security guards :D

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Attached Image: DukeHeadSkin.png

Land of the Babes. I'm pretty sure the model could be ripped, too.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 21 June 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Attachment DukeHeadSkin.png

Hope so :( would love to have those models :( especially the commando one he wears :D

• Judge Mental

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 21 June 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Attachment DukeHeadSkin.png

Very unlikely. Given the way the PSX stores models. I looked for ways to do it for years.

If someone does it, it'll be a miracle.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 21 June 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Very unlikely. Given the way the PSX stores models. I looked for ways to do it for years.

If someone does it, it'll be a miracle.

I found a program, but I can't get it to run. It probably wouldn't work anyway. Oh well, at least we can get textures!

Attached Image: Untitled-2.jpg

It's time-consuming, but it can be done. You have to take a screenshot of the texture in-game and go through all the color pallettes to find the correct one.

Edit:

Attached Image: CrokeD3D.jpg

I had to see what it would look like. :(

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 21 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 21 June 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

Edit:

Attachment CrokeD3D.jpg

I had to see what it would look like. :(

All you need is for Duke to say "Gimme a jack and coke any day" when he uses them and your good :(

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Heck. I have been looking for what possible could the Total Meltdown manual say about the new enemies, and tell us what aretheir official names, and after a long search I managed to find a picture of it:

Posted Image

While it clearly uses the Cycloid Emperor sprite from the PSX game, It appears all it says about the new enemies is that there are "extra surprises" in Plug and Pray episode.

I wonder if that "Exclusive Strategy Guide" says anything about it?

Edit: Okay, this seems to be some valid information I found on Google: "Just got the strategy guide. The name of the boss is called "CyberKeef" and the two exclusive enemies are named "Pig-in-a-Dress" and "Magnum P.I.G." however this is a little vague, there are other enemies besides these.

It seems everybody here is using the placeholder names I included in the Wikia, like "Blue assault trooper" or "Zombie pig" which are not official. While Pig-in-a-Dress is quite obvious, I am not sure if Magnum P.I.G is the one from Gates Motel or Ministry of Fear.

This post has been edited by Fox: 24 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

My guess is it refers to the one in Ministry of Fear, since they're wearing Hawaiian shirts and it's obviously a reference to Magnum, P.I.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Okay, I have been looking for comments from the guy above who owns that Exclusive Strategy Guides, apparently he uses the following names: Pig-in-a-Dress, Assault General, Underwater Drone, Zombie Pig Cop, Magnum P.I.G. and CyberKeef. Not sure which ones are official or not.

User is offline   LAW 

Oh, I didn't know that Game.com version. How somebody can make such a bad game...

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 24 June 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

My guess is it refers to the one in Ministry of Fear, since they're wearing Hawaiian shirts and it's obviously a reference to Magnum, P.I.

That's the best TV action series ever IMO!

This post has been edited by LAW: 26 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Great work! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into these rips.

I'm still working on ripping Time to Kill. I've got about all of the menu and hud stuff.

Attached Image: TTKMenuFont.jpg

I just hope someone is interested in this if I do manage to rip enough. A Time to Kill mod is possible, especially with DukePlus.

User is offline   Darkus 

I'm back, but I don't know how many days I can stay before I leave, so I'll do what I can...
I've finally got missing frames for CyberKeef, he should be complete now. The trick that I used against him, is to shoot freezethrower that the projectiles bounce back and hit him from behind so he turn back, and I managed to get shooting frames from side.
Unfortunately, this trick don't work enough to display missing frames from back for other pigs monsters, and I don't know if the security camera trick could work on Plug And Pray maps...

The next that I do is the Battlelord. I only hope that I would have less difficulty than CyberKeef, especially with walking animations... If everything goes well, this will be my last update.

View PostWesker500, on 19 June 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Would the sound files be able to be ripped?

I think theres some lines in DNTM that wernt in DN3D like:
-Fire in the hole, asshole
-They dont make em better than me

(not 100% sure though)
I noticed that the Fire in the hole, asshole! sample is said when Duke is standing in front the of San Andreas Fault monument in E1L5, so from me, this sample is replacing the Holy shit! one.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 19 June 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Just tried it. The sounds are a little higher quaility.

I was also able to view Time to Kill's textures/sprites using PSX VRAM Viewer, but I never could find the correct pallette. Here's the link if anyone else wants to give it a try:

http://www.romhackin.../utilities/442/

And here's a tutorial on how to use it:

http://www.sprites-i...read.php?t=6300

A Time to Kill mod would be pretty cool! :(

I'm currently using PVV:
http://www.romhackin.../utilities/675/

View PostDarkus, on 28 June 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

I'm currently using PVV:
http://www.romhackin.../utilities/675/

I started using it, too. Alot easier.

When I get enough textures, I'll probably add them in EDuke32 and build (at least partially) the first level of Time to Kill in Mapster32. I'm really curious to see what it will look like. I've already built that level before up to the subway with the HRP textures, but I didn't build it completely accurate.

Here's what I've built so far:

Attached Image: TTKMap.jpg

I don't think I'll build on it anymore, though. I might have to start over because I made everything half the size as it is in Duke3D. The sidewalks are only 512 wide. It would work if you could downsize the player and everything else, but I might as well just build it bigger.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options