Duke4.net Forums: Interceptor Entertainment is doing a Rise Of The Triad remake. - Duke4.net Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interceptor Entertainment is doing a Rise Of The Triad remake.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I am so glad this isn't true. The only thing that sucks worse than a remake is Interceptor Entertainment.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Interceptor will have a playable game at Quakecon. Frederik Schreiber just posted this message over at 3d realms forums:

http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=38741

"Interceptor is no longer a Mod Team, but a fully established studio.

Most of the Interceptor Developers have an Indie/Modding background, and later got jobs around the industry. Interceptor is made of an All-Star Team, with developers who previously worked with studios such as Sony Online Entertainment, Naughty Dog, and Epic Games.

What we are working on, is yet to be revealed.
Keep an eye out for Quakecon in early August, where we will World Premiere a game than I'm sure you've been all eagerly awaiting.

If you are attending Quake Con, head over to our booth, where the game will be playable, and feel free to have a chat with Joe, Me, and other 3D Realms/Apogee veterans."

Looking forward to seeing what there working on.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Curse you for making me go over there after all this time...

However, there is still no confirmation that this is ROTT. It could be Shadow Warrior for all we know.

View PostMr.Flibble, on 12 July 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Curse you for making me go over there after all this time...

However, there is still no confirmation that this is ROTT. It could be Shadow Warrior for all we know.

Absolutely right, I just didn't want to start a new thread. If 3D Realms/Apogee are involved are they working with Bethesda? I was under the impression that only Zenimax products and Hardware vendors can display there goods at Quakecon since the 2009 buyout. Is that the case?

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

I wish them luck if it's a PC exclusive designed for the hardcore crowd still starving for a return to oldschool shooter design. If it's a shitty cash-in they can all go fuck themselves. There's no in between.

View PostMad Max RW, on 12 July 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I wish them luck if it's a PC exclusive designed for the hardcore crowd still starving for a return to oldschool shooter design. If it's a shitty cash-in they can all go fuck themselves. There's no in between.

Don't worry man, they won't disappoint.
They will surely try their best to go fuck themselves!
And you know, I just couldn't help noticing that Joe Siegler is part of their team now.
I mean Joe Siegler is surely going to help them with their coke machine filling and prevent them from ever becoming thirsty and dried of ideas impossible to implement.

The thing is, Fresch should remember that he needs to provide some decent paychecks before I bother pirating his games.
I won't just bother pirating his games for free.

How can they ever fail with this guy on their team?
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 12 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

This was posted on one of my Facebook posts a while back. Since it was posted on my own Facebook page, I'm sharing it.

Attached Image: Fresch.jpg

I'm not saying it is or it isn't. I only hope so. It might not be this "yet to be revealed" game, but I hope we hear some good news about Duke 3D: Reloaded.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I've gone from the opinion that Duke Nukem as a franchise is cursed to now believing that 3DR, Duke Nukem and all of 3DR's back catalogue is cursed.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 12 July 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

This was posted on one of my Facebook posts a while back. Since it was posted on my own Facebook page, I'm sharing it.

Attachment Fresch.jpg

I'm not saying it is or it isn't. I only hope so. It might not be this "yet to be revealed" game, but I hope we hear some good news about Duke 3D: Reloaded.

Well that just links with Quakecon, not much new there.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I don't know the details on this stuff, but isn't 3D Realms allowed to port or remake Duke Nukem 3D if they want to without consulting Gearbox? If so, I have my own personal theory on this. :(

User is offline   ---- 

I just looked through very old posts on the GBX forums and what was said in the concept stages of Reloaded (then still called Duke Nukem 3D - Next Gen)

At the very beginning Fresch contacted GBX for a green light. GBX said they don't have anything to do with former Duke Games. So he contacted Scott Miller. And we all know that in the end it was GBX who "granted" the license.

I don't know much about the backgrounds. But from the above it sounds to me GBX doesn't know too much about what they have the rights for or not (but then I don't like GBX and so I am biased).

<pure speculation>
Maybe GBX "granted" the license without even having the rights to do so*. Maybe no company has the rights to grant such a license because of the split rights for Duke Nukem (Scott Miller said in an interview that "it is complicated" regarding Duke's rights).
</pure speculation>

*) Even more of purest speculation on my part: Maybe GBX knew they cannot grant a license that would directly affect the sales of Duke Nukem 3D (a game still published by 3DR/Apogee) and thus said: "You may release it sometime" hoping Interceptor would lose interest if they only push the possible release date even further to "very maybe in the distant future". IMHO, a company that tells me that DNF will have secret levels and claims that releasing an SDK for (UEngine based) Borderlands 2 would take one year of work may do such things.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 13 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 12 July 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I mean Joe Siegler is surely going to help them with their coke machine filling and prevent them from ever becoming thirsty and dried of ideas impossible to implement.

:(

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

If this ends up like when Bethesda sued Interplay for releasing the "Fallout trilogy" (Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics) on Steam I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Fresch does nothing but nut himself in glee every time the tiniest of developments occur.

User is offline   Malgon 

Is any anyone here going to check out the Interceptor booth at this years QuakeCon?

3DR veterans = Triptych?

View PostMalgon, on 15 July 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

Is any anyone here going to check out the Interceptor booth at this years QuakeCon?

No.

Evolve PR just posted this:

"Going to QuakeCon? We'll be revealing the revival of a much-loved classic PC shooter at the show. What could it be?"

https://twitter.com/...915128154464257

What do think the chances are that we might be seeing some form of Duke Reloaded come August?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 20 July 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

What do think the chances are that we might be seeing some form of Duke Reloaded come August?

In real news, I just found out that Rockstar moved the staff of Max Payne right into my home town w0000000t.
http://www.digitaltr...toronto-studio/

Yes, off topic. Feel free to give me a ticket Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

How exactly does it affect you?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

"Going to QuakeCon? We'll be revealing the revival of a much-loved classic PC shooter at the show. What could it be?"

Well, it won't be Rise Of The Triad. More people seem to hate the game than love it, to my bewilderment.

User is offline   Kathy 

More like ambivalence than hate. Which is a stronger reason not do anything about IP that small amount of people care about.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Evolve PR just posted this:

https://twitter.com/...915128154464257

Almost none. He says "revival" which implies that this is a reboot(ish) of a game that hasn't seen a new release in a long time. Duke Nukem is not that. DNF may have been anticlimactic, but it was released and, although the term "revive" may apply to it, it is not what he meant there.

I would put it on Rise of the Triad or Shadow Warrior, with ROTT being more likely. I can't be bothered to think of any other classic PC Shooter that needs revival.

On a side note, how awesome would Cosmo be in something like the Wii?

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 20 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

User is offline   CruX 

View PostAchenar, on 20 July 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Well, it won't be Rise Of The Triad. More people seem to hate the game than love it, to my bewilderment.

I don't hate ROTT, but I really never understood its appeal, either. Between the goofy voice acting and the terrible digitized enemies, it was just way too cheesy for me, and while I realize the cheesiness was part of it's appeal, I think it would've been a lot better (for me at least) if they had gone through with the game's original specs.

User is offline   Ronin 

I hope it's Shadow Warrior, so I can pirate it if it's half decent. Seeing as Joe is involved it is more likely to be RoTT, though I really can't imagine how he could help with new tech unless of course they have some new fancy coke machines.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostBurnett, on 20 July 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

How exactly does it affect you?

You mean me?
Taxes. To make entertainment products you will get taxed. The taxes in my home town are much more favorable than other places in Canada. Events, like the Rockstar's move, is an excellent argument to get more investors here, rather than little Hanky-Phoo just mouthing off. Thus the effect is indirect. Posted Image

View PostEmericaSkater, on 20 July 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

I don't hate ROTT, but I really never understood its appeal, either.

Same here, I've got the demo from the Duke 3D CD, and well, something was missing.Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 20 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Rise of the Triad - a great game, although I actually haven't bought the full version yet. I liked its mix of humor and seriousness, but I can't help thinking some parts are just a little cheesy, such as turning into a dog.

I would in fact be looking forward to a RotT remake or a remake of a similar game. :(

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I played the shareware episode several times in 1996 (it was the first first-person shooter I played on my own computer) but when I finally had the opportunity to play the full version, I just couldn't care less; the passage of time had not served it well. The maps couldn't have been worse.

User is offline   Loke 

Kinda excited to see what they're up to.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

It probably isn't, but for some reason my gut says Shadow Warrior.

It makes more sense given what Interceptor was doing with DN:R.

Very interesting.

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options