Large image:
Spoiler

Inside Llewyn Davis:
Big fan of Dave Van Ronk,
Never knew there was a film.
Best film soundtrack by miles,
The movie was mostly fictional, but if you like folk music,
It was amazing.

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 02 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

Ip Man 3, good stuff. Donnie Yen kicking hundreds of fool's asses like usual. And hey he's in that Star Wars: Rogue One movie in December, how 'bout that.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Underworld (movie series)
Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

New X-Files. Getting to like the new, laid-back Mulder. Scully still has it :dukeaffirmative:

Ash vs. The Evil Dead is a scream.

I liked TFA, but I found the plot way too recycled from previous films. The new characters are pretty good.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Watching new X-Files as well. Loving it. Especially episode 3. :dukeaffirmative: Just like old times. Recently finished Heroes Reborn. I was psyched for this, and while it still wasn't Heroes season 1-material, it was decent, I think. The finale was ten times better than the whole experience, though. My opinion.

Everyone should know my opinion on TFA. For what it's worth to the haters, I'm sure Episode 8 will amp up the originality and stakes.

User is offline   Mark 

I loved Heroes for the first season or so. But shortly after the writers turned to that same old alternate earth, alternate timeline type crap that annoys me I dropped it and never watched again. Same with Fringe. Most recently with The Flash. There are others but I can't think of the names offhand because I didn't watch a single episode.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Bunch of horror movies.

Monkey's paw, Stephen Lang is in it.
Oculus - About a cursed mirror driving families into extreme madness.
Few movies about lycan / lycanthrope / werewolf (as mentioned above). others alongside underworld.

User is offline   Jeff 

X-Files new season finale.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Jeff: 22 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Untold Stories of the ER

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Meeting evil (2012)

After (2012)
Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

Finishing up my X-Files on Blu-ray run. Halfway through season 9.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Binge-watched 'The Expanse'. It isn't a new Battlestar Galactica, but it's a good slice of classic-style solar-system based sci-fi.

• The Sarien Encounter

I've started watching Penn & Teller: Fool Us on Netflix. Really enjoying it.

User is offline   Hank 

I Dream of Jeannie, entire series.
This is a snap shot from a show that aired fifty years ago.
Posted Image

The Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC. I love liberal crying after an election :mellow:

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostHank, on 12 November 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

I Dream of Jeannie, entire series.

I watched the first 2 series a couple of years ago and never watched it again, because the actress is so damn annoying!
But if you liked this show, try to watch Bewitched instead - it's a lot better IMO.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSanek, on 13 November 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

I watched the first 2 series a couple of years ago and never watched it again, because the actress is so damn annoying!
But if you liked this show, try to watch Bewitched instead - it's a lot better IMO.

I think, because Jeannie can be so annoying, it's what makes it funny. Her 'master' is up to the challenge though. :mellow:
As for Bewitched, it's next on my list. Jeannie has like 130 shows, I'm not even half through.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Outer Limits. The vanishing act (1996)

• The Sarien Encounter

I just finished watching Riddick. I first watched it in theatres and I loved it. I watched it again tonight and I still love it. What a great series. I don't think it's been doing well enough to get another sequel, but I would sure welcome it. I love this series.

Which reminds me, I really do need to go play Butcher Bay/Dark Athena. I got it on GOG ages ago and still have yet to play it.

User is offline   Hank 

Asterix in Britain

Posted Image

I know, for kids, but hey ... it's good bedtime stuff :P

User is offline   Mark 

Since I retired I found that Supernatural is on Mon-Fri. Minimum of 4 shows in a row every day. Sometimes 5 and on Friday they might run a marathon of shows from 9am to 7pm. The good thing is they show them in chronological order from the beginning of season 1 through season 11. I find myself watching way too much tv in the morning. :P

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Watched Resident evil : the final chapter.
loved it. was good.

• The Sarien Encounter

I just watched Friday the 13th for the first time last night (the original one) after watching some Twitch streams of the new game. I finally decided it was time I watch this cultural icon as I was never interested in these movies. I shied away from horror all my life because they just weren't my thing, but I figured something from 1980 wouldn't be something someone in this desensitized day and age would really get affected as much by. If I can watch Alien or Aliens or Predator or something, I can watch 1980's Friday the 13th. I was right. The effects were good for the time but those kids don't know how to act lol. Especially the lead. Not that it was bad. I really enjoyed it. I also didn't realize that Jason only took up about 2% of screen time and he didn't even have the mask. It was as surprising as learning that the first Rambo movie (First Blood) didn't take place in a jungle somewhere. It's interesting that these older movie franchises became huge but it was the imagery that the sequels brought to the table that became the face of their brands (no pun intended).

Anyway, it was pretty good. I wasn't terrified (like I maybe would have been 15 years ago if I'd seen it then) and it was simplistic, but I was still engaged and surprised by the outcome. Movies back then didn't have formulas nailed down and people just did whatever they felt like and it worked, which really speaks to their talents as writers/directors. I mean, a movie like that wouldn't make much sense today. That first girl who was hitchhiking in the beginning, it wouldn't have made sense to kill her off that early in a movie today. Or the jealous kid. They'd want to expand the motivations of the characters so that you feel more when something happens to them or something. Back then it was just: this is the jealous guy. And now he's dead. This is the butch guy and his girlfriend. And now they're dead. There's something charming and refreshing about that. I mean, I'm all for a well-crafted well-presented story, but sometimes just getting to the point is a good thing and something we're missing in movies now. I was also surprised by how little swearing was in it. Also refreshing. You can be scary and adult without dropping f bombs everywhere just because it's rated R.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Just saw Seeding of a Ghost and Devil Fetus. Both a solid 7/10. While the latter was a bit more professional, it was a bit laggy and I found the former more entertaining in general. Great watches for anyone who hasn't seen these HK cult classics.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Friday the 13th movies are good

Friday the 13th franchise.
I watched them all about 1-2 years ago.
Went 1 to 10.
Then Freddy Vs Jason
Then remake.

User is offline   ---- 

- Virgin Hunters 1
- Virgin Hunters 2
- Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity
- Sorority Babes in the Slime Bowl-O-Rama

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 14 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I bought Twister for $8 at Walmart today on Bluray. Watched it tonight after years of not seeing it since I was a teenager watching the VHS. Screw the haters, I still like this movie, movie-science notwithstanding.

Posted Image

Not saying what it is just to see if anyone here actually knows it. My friend hated it, so I wanted to watch it to piss him off. I can't find an English sub/dub of it anywhere though, anyone here from China want to middle-man me the DVD release from over there?

User is offline   Ahcruna 

Just watched 3 seasons of Bates Motel, it's fucking weird :thumbsup:

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options