• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What have you watched lately ?  "... movie, TV show [may contain spoilers]"

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Prometheus recently

Also Aliens, my favorite movie ever

And just watched some of that HBO show homeland, seems like a really good show, but I need to watch more of it.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

back to the future

1, 2 and 3.

8 days ago the first film turned 27 years old. 10 years older than Marty Mcfly "D

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 11 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

User is offline   DN4ever 

This is Spinal Tap. Watched it the first time ever 2 days ago, and I'm still laughing at the story about their drummer who mysteriously deceased on someone else's vomit :(

User is offline   Hank 

Needs no introduction ... I love this movie.

User is offline   Jeff 

The Dark Knight Rises on the IMAX screen.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Outer limits. Episode Mary 25 which is the sequel to Valerie 23

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostRory, on 23 July 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

I've just seen The Dark Knight Rises!!! ;)

I really wanna tell y'all about, but I can't, all you need to know, is that the second part lives up to the hype, but the 1st half will have you worried. In fact the 1st bit wasn't so great. But hey they saved the best bits 'til last, so it balances out.
Saw it yesterday and I was somewhat disappointed. To me it was the other way round. The first part told a somewhat interesting story (I love the aging Michael Caine) whereas later too many people acted way too silly just to follow some seen-before choreography. Once my GF said exactly what I thought: "They're fighting like Captain Kirk." And that mine-jail was one worst locations ever put into a comic film adaption. Some things just don't work in a major movie.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

My roommate and I have started watching Lost. I never started watching it when it was on TV (it started during a time when I didn't watch a whole lot of TV; same for 24).

After every episode I want to kill JJ Abrams...but after every episode I want to watch more...it is like some sick addiction, the bastard.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Just saw The Mask for the first time since 1994, which is a bit weird; somehow it just managed to not cross paths with me for 18 years. Anyway, Jim Carrey (1994 was his breakthrough year) was the perfect fit for the lead role and Cameron Diaz (who had no prior acting experience, unless you consider a short softcore bdsm clip as acting experience) looked incredible.

User is offline   Engel220 

Watched 'Dogtooth' recently, that film is just a mindfuck with subtitles. I liked it, but it's one of those films that stays with you for positive but still mindnumbing reasons.

Also watched both 'Hostel' moviews, I actually really liked those. I know they're a tad trashy, but for some reason I found them to be interesting beyond the gore.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 24 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I'm getting ready to watch my weekly episode of "Lost Girl". It was released in Canada back in 2010 but it just hit the US market this year. A little on the cheesy side at times but for some reason I'm hooked on it.

User is offline   Jeff 

Fringe season 4 (Blu-ray)

Just came out a few days ago.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I watched The Walking Dead season one on Netflix.

Freaking awesome.

User is offline   Hank 

time for Halloween - from Japan - target audience to watch this are teenagers. Still, even so some of acting is not the best, the movie made me think.

This post has been edited by Hank: 21 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

What the hell did i just see? Would it make sense if i had sound on?

User is offline   Hank 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 21 October 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

What the hell did i just see? Would it make sense if i had sound on?

You need to watch the movie for those clips make sense. If the trailer did not make you at least curious (with or without sound), don't bother watching the entire movie, you may just waste your time.

Speaking of sound, make sure your movie version has sub titles in your language.

I love japanese horror :D And this trailer got me interrested.

User is offline   X-Vector 

I just saw Flashdance on TV for the first time and it really surprised me.

I've always thought it'd be some banal, glossy loser-to-winner dance marathon, but the film is actually a rather gritty, subdued and frequently beautiful time machine to the early eighties.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Dredd. I was afraid it wouldn't even make it to theaters here due to its poor ticket sales globally, but the distributor decided to show the movie for just two nights, tonight and tomorrow night. So I took the bus to the city around midnight and went to see the movie. It was very good; exciting, gritty, violent and I liked its small-scale, non-epic story. Definitely worth the $30 I ended up spending on this night.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 02 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Week ago.

The dentist (1996) and dentist 2 (1998), Extremely sadistic film, lots of torture etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   X-Vector 

Was it safe?

Saw a mercifully small part of The Expendables last night; the murky dark green look is par for the course nowadays, but I must say that the blaring symphonic soundtrack took me off-guard by its sheer volume.
It seemed like the audio department was aware that it had to score a high school reunion style role call of action stars far beyond their prime and just decided to sonically beat the audience into submission.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostX-Vector, on 04 November 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

Was it safe?

Actually you and Zaxtor just reminded me on another movie - Marathon Man
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074860/
there one key quote is "Is it safe"

not as blunt as the Dentist, but it features a dentist and some torture - a very very old thriller from the seventies.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Clue. Still an incredible film 25 years later. Tim Curry absolutely sells it.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostHank, on 21 October 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

time for Halloween - from Japan - target audience to watch this are teenagers. Still, even so some of acting is not the best, the movie made me think.

The scariest thing for me in the movie clip was "mass transit" ( subway system ). I'm sure glad we don't have it in my city.

This post has been edited by Marked: 04 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

User is offline   Engel220 

Watched 'Cannibal Holocaust' recently, much more of an artistic film than I actually thought it would be. I expected wall to wall gore, but ir actually seemed very restrained for something one banned in the UK and dubbed a 'Video Nasty'. Also been watching season 3 of 'Walking Dead', much more action and balance between drama and excitement than series 2. Series 2 seemed to be an exercise in character development, where as series 3 currently has a much better grip on not leaning too far to being a soap opera or a gorefest.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostHank, on 04 November 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

Actually you and Zaxtor just reminded me on another movie - Marathon Man
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074860/
there one key quote is "Is it safe"

not as blunt as the Dentist, but it features a dentist and some torture - a very very old thriller from the seventies.

It's a very good movie.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Battleship (2012)

User is offline   DN4ever 

I watched Gran Torino just last night. I'd seen it once before, and this late reprisal just proved how good it is. I'm not too much into those drama movies, but the mere presence of Clint Eastwood creates the kind of atmosphere I enjoy in a movie more than anything. It's really a comfortable break from all the hectic action films I tend to watch more often, with in my opinion, a great storyline.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

avatar extended edition bluray probably released in 2010

Posted Image

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

That's a terrible movie.

Anyway, the last movie I watched was Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain, something that had been on my to-watch list for a while now. Good movie but too long by around 15 minutes. 4/5.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 14 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options