Duke4.net Forums: What have you watched lately ? - Duke4.net Forums

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What have you watched lately ?  "... movie, TV show [may contain spoilers]"

User is offline   Hank 

I don't see a specific movie thread in this forum. So, I am starting one.
Black Swan is about a perfectionist dancer with a twist or two. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 21 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

I love movies, but man... I don't really want to discuss anything about those that I didn't see. Since spoilers go hand-in-hand with discussions. Separate threads, I think, are better.

User is offline   Hank 

I put up a warning for spoilers.
Also, I have not seen one topic for a specific film?!? So, go forth and post please. I am more into music and would love to hear (read) about good movies.Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

That's not what I meant. Before going into topic you don't know what movie/show would be discussed.

It would be better for a general topic about movies to put a sign "no spoilers please". But maybe it's just me since I'm too anal about spoilers.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I saw Mission Impossible 3, and it was really good, everything you'd expect.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostHank, on 21 May 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

I don't see a specific movie thread in this forum. So, I am starting one.
Black Swan is about a perfectionist dancer with a twist or two.

I saw the Black Swan last year and I have to say from the previews and the actual movie itself was one of the few movies in a while that I thought was actually interesting that I have seen in a while.

I frequently watch a certain show about a certain group of pastel coloured equines, but that's a story for another time. xD

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 22 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Michael Bay's Transformers. Don't remember which films. Just remember that I hated them.

Watched the first half of the original A-Team, though. I enjoyed that.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostAchenar, on 22 May 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Michael Bay's Transformers. Don't remember which films. Just remember that I hated them.

I wasn't a big fan either. The 1986 animated movie seemed a lot better in comparison to the Michael Bay films IMO.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostAchenar, on 22 May 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Watched the first half of the original A-Team, though. I enjoyed that.

Shit dude - yes. Mr. T and his avoidance of flying Posted Image me fav of the grew

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostHank, on 22 May 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Shit dude - yes. Mr. T and his avoidance of flying Posted Image me fav of the grew

All of the other characters of the A-Team are great, to be sure, but I declare that nobody has a stronger screen presence than Mr. T.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I always loved the B.A. / Murdoch relationship.

And yes, the 1986 Transformers film is superior in every way.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostRory, on 23 May 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

C'mon the 3rd one was awesome.

Hehe I'll admit that it was better, but they all kinda felt like "generic action movie with big robots" to me. They weren't terrible movies, but they weren't like amazing Transformers movies.

View PostCaptainAwesome, on 23 May 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

And yes, the 1986 Transformers film is superior in every way.

Yeah! That's like a movie that is both awesome and perfectly embodies the 80s to me. xD All star cast, great tunes, robotic carnage. It had everything. xD

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

The 1986 Transformers made me cry when I was real young, when Prime was killed. It was just so sad :)

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostnatsirT95, on 23 May 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

The 1986 Transformers made me cry when I was real young, when Prime was killed. It was just so sad :)

Yeah that was a pretty serious scene, I remember Nelson Shin saying he wanted it to be like a real person dying. Still sad even now, even though he didn't really die I guess. xD

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostRory, on 23 May 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Yeah the animated one was the best no question, but the 3rd live action film topped, BOTH the previous live action ones, hands down.
I was glued to the screen lol. :)

But yes that scene with Prime in the 80's animated version, was very moving, I will admit. I like serious scenes in animated films for some reason.

Yes it was the best of the 3 comparatively. The 2nd one was just really bad. xD

Yes I agree, it was a great scene. ^^ The fight scene between Megatron and Prime prior to that is still one of my favorite fight scenes ever.

The soundtrack to that movie too is awesome as well. Stan Bush, NRG, Weird Al, some really great songs in there. xD

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 23 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostRory, on 23 May 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

On topic, I watched Full Metal Jacket a second ago, still it's a very good first half of the movie. :)

Aw sweet, Full Metal Jacket. ^^ Yes the 2nd one was way too much human junk and way less Transformers to make a happy ratio.

Ironically the last movie I watched was like last week with my son, GoBots the movie. xD Seriously I was looking through my old VHS tapes for my son and I still had GoBots the movie. xD Ironically to parallel the Transformer: The Movie, <SPOILER THOUGH I DOUBT ANYONE CARES>Leader One "dies" during the GoBots movie.</SPOILER> I doubt it was intentionally similar, but still funny when you think about how GoBots were considered the lesser K-Mart brand Transformers back in the day.

User is online   X-Vector 

I'm currently rewatching the X-Files, last evening's episode was Ascension (2X06).

Posted Image

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostX-Vector, on 24 May 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

I'm currently rewatching the X-Files, last evening's episode was Ascension (2X06).

<SNIP>

Oh nice, the X-Files. I should do that, haven't watched in like way too long. xD

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 24 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostRory, on 23 May 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

On topic, I watched Full Metal Jacket a second ago, still it's a very good first half of the movie. :)

Posted Image
BULLSHIT! You wouldn't know a good first half of a movie if it came up behind you and fucked you in the ass!

Um... I mean...

Yeah, I liked Full Metal Jacket too. Both halves. Though it's true the first half was more entertaining. Probably not what Kubrick had intended (he had actually attempted to portray R. Lee Ermey as an incompetent drill instructor, but he's the most impressive character in the film).

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

My favorite scene is Surfin' Bird.

And about the live action Transformers movies, they are all big budget garbage. Not ever watching them. What a travesty. Watch G1 instead.

User is offline   Hank 

I never watched Full Metal Jacket?? Did the movie start with Country and Western?

Anyway, don't try that with real gang members, but still, my movie for tonight Posted Image Falling Down.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Falling Down is awesome.

I recently watched the horror film The Last Winter, it's a really good movie. Pretty scary, even though the ending got a little bit ahead of itself and ended up being pretty cheesy, but otherwise it was a fairly scary horror film.

But on TV...I'm with Jinroh on this one :)

User is offline   Engel220 

I've become a bit of a CSI freak over the last two weeks. There's just no decent American dramas on here right now, so with 10+ seasons CSI will do.

User is online   X-Vector 

Penn & Teller prefer Half Japanese to the formerly wealthiest musician riding the underground.

User is offline   Hank 

They did not like drill sergeants among other things Posted Image

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostX-Vector, on 24 May 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

Posted Image

The three "abduction" episodes are probably the best mythology of the series with One Breath being the best tv episode ever.

User is offline   Ronin 

Just saw "Prometheus" in the cinema, and really enjoyed it. So much so that I will go again in a few days, thats something I never do.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Village of the damned (1995)
very last film Christopher Reeve starred in before his tragic accident that led him to paralysis and died a few years after.

User is offline   Jeff 

Futurama season 1 remastered DVD.

The picture is amazing. Free of compression artifacts and blockyness, unlike The Simpsons DVDs. I know it's not Blu-ray resolution, but it almost looks like it. That's usually one of the things which separates DVD from Blu-ray, aside from resolution is the amount of compression used.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options