Duke4.net Forums: Jace Hall Show To Feature Dnf? - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jace Hall Show To Feature Dnf?  "I wonder what it will be..."

User is offline   socaljim 

Nope I have not seen the show yet its just a guess.

User is offline   rockmx8 

Yeah really is it out yet because socaljim you sound like you saw it...

Watch the preview trailer for the Jace Hall show and you will see what I mean. My opinion is based on what I saw on the clip. Maybe they do give more info out....I want Duke in 2008.

NUKEMDAVE posted this:

Jace Hall show preview:
http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/arc...-hall-show.aspx

I already saw it last night when my friend Dave sent it to me on Youtube before posting it here... I really want and need to see the show already, I'm sure it will have more footage than the Teaser Trailer did.

User is offline   trackit 

dont count on that... i think our best case is that we will get some new info, but i doubt that there will be some gameplay footage. The show is 5 min long and judging from preview DNF is just small part of it.

Is the Jace Hall show coming out today for sure or is it a maybe?

I agree Trackit I don't think DNF is going to get much on the show...just a quick glance into the world of 3DR.

I don't think so, I'm sure we'll see at least a minute of gameplay footage or something and them talking about DNF with Jace...

Well Crackle is down for now, when it gets back the show will be there. I wonder if it will be available for Xbox Live Faster...

Plus it should be on today for sure since Jace did confirm it will be shown on the 4th. And it should be on any time now, I hope the maintenance and the show coming online today on the Internet or Xbox Live doesn't take that long.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Anyone expecting footage or new screenshots are going to be let down. The "preview" trailer pretty much covered all we're gonna get with DNF. "I saw it, it's cool"

Using the fan base to get a friend's show some publicity. Same deal that happened with the Dallas Business Journal and more recently the Shacknews story I suspect.

Again, I'm not a fan of exploiting fans for someone else's needs but it seems to be part of 3drealm's strategy with DNF.

10 years of waiting, I guess a few teases aren't gonna hurt, eh?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Just look at how much stuff they have to show, Cliffy B. The guy from Heroes, that zach guy, etc. There's no way they are going to show a minute or gameplay, keep dreaming.

I don't think George would ruin DNF by first showing it through a crappy camera filming a blinking monitor. Be real man, at least once.

View Postkaisersoze, on Jun 4 2008, 02:43 PM, said:

Anyone expecting footage or new screenshots are going to be let down. The "preview" trailer pretty much covered all we're gonna get with DNF. "I saw it, it's cool"

Using the fan base to get a friend's show some publicity. Same deal that happened with the Dallas Business Journal and more recently the Shacknews story I suspect.

Again, I'm not a fan of exploiting fans for someone else's needs but it seems to be part of 3drealm's strategy with DNF.

You're right but I sure hope to see a few screens or short video with the Interview. You remember the scene where George didn't let him see DNF, since Jace saw a little more than he came for I assume. I suppose he got some footage secretly probably and will show something hopefully.

View Postkaisersoze, on Jun 4 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

yap, but "greatest scoop of all time in the history of gaming", cmon... Joe (and 3dr) just lost some respect in my eyes. I know Joe denied that he wrote that, but he clearly is thread starter and that is written under his name. If he dont want to be credited, then he should have quoted someone else, whoever that was who wrote that BS.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

What's with all this copy pasting going on? :)

we are just bored :)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

I think the full 5 minutes will be about 3DR.
The others are bits of next episodes.

Red Splat that would be cool if that was true!

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostRedSplat, on Jun 4 2008, 12:05 PM, said:

I think the full 5 minutes will be about 3DR.
The others are bits of next episodes.

That's what I thought when I saw the preview! I also believe that the first show will focus on DNF! :)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

No, it was explicitly said that one of the features will be the "heroes" actor. So it's obvious the other bits will be in the show as well.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Crackle is back up - no Jace Hall.

I guess the big scoop is that we're all predictably gullible.

Where's the show?!

From 3DRealms forums:
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.p...713&page=14

I hope people enjoy the show when they see it. It is only a 5 minute show designed for some moderate amusement...

I'm told that it will be tomorrow at 11am PST.

Be the first to watch it!

-Jace

OH DANG IT!! Well I will see it tomorrow...

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Announce prematurely.
Overhype.
Delay.
Disappoint.

Sounds like DNF to me. Mission accomplished.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

When I heard him say "I'm going to play it and share it with all of you", my first reaction was YES WE'RE GOING TO SEE THE GAME!!!!.

But then I quickly figured that at best we might get a 20-30 second clip of him vaguely describing what he saw; things such as I don't know- forklifts and other interactions? Limbs being blown off, anyone?

In other words, I'm 99.98% sure he meant he would share his experience by telling of it- not letting us see the actual game itself.

The only difference between this and the recent shacknews report is that we actually get to see a video of the person who saw the game instead of just reading a typed up summary!!! OH BOY!!!

But look on the bright side- if we look closely, we might sorta see the reflection of the monitor in his pupils. And if he's wearing his glasses......*faints*

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostDuke Rocks, on Jun 4 2008, 09:09 PM, said:

When I heard him say "I'm going to play it and share it with all of you", my first reaction was YES WE'RE GOING TO SEE THE GAME!!!!.

But then I quickly figured that at best we might get a 20-30 second clip of him vaguely describing what he saw; things such as I don't know- forklifts and other interactions? Limbs being blown off, anyone?

In other words, I'm 99.98% sure he meant he would share his experience by telling of it- not letting us see the actual game itself.

The only difference between this and the recent shacknews report is that we actually get to see a video of the person who saw the game instead of just reading a typed up summary!!! OH BOY!!!

But look on the bright side- if we look closely, we might sorta see the reflection of the monitor in his pupils. And if he's wearing his glasses......*faints*

Nah, I think we'll see a couple of seconds of the game hopefully. I'm really excited to hear the exclusive interview with George and Scott.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jun 4 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

Nah, I think we'll see a couple of seconds of the game hopefully. I'm really excited to hear the exclusive interview with George and Scott.

Well let's hope at least 30-60 Seconds of the game... :)
I look forward to the interview as well, I am going to get up and download it tomorrow on Xbox Live.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

If I see one more mention of crates on the 3DR forums.....

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostDuke Rocks, on Jun 5 2008, 02:41 AM, said:

If I see one more mention of crates on the 3DR forums.....

Yeah, that was kind of getting annoying.

Crates? Oh never mind the Crates... I can't wait to see the Show!! Get ready to ROCK DUDES!!

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php...p;postcount=693

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I might concider adding the crate emoticon here too, just to annoy people :)

I still think poeple take this way too seriously... They see it more as "DNF news" than "A show that happens to feature DNF"... And i can definitely say, it is teh latter and not the first...

So, if people actually realize this, then why still keep their expectations high, standing in line to see these "DNF News", only to get dissapointed by the lack of info regarding DNF it may actually have... People who DO feel cheated should ONLY blame the exaggerated "biggest scopp ever" news and Not Jace... George said once, that it's nothing to get excited about... If people choose to ignore that he actually told them beforehand that they shouldn't expect too much, it is entirely their own fault when they are getting dissapointed, because they were already told not to get overly excited at this little thing...

I see this whole thing as what i just mentioned in the beginning of this post, it's a show, which happens to Contain DNF bits... the fact DNF was associated with it to begin with got my attention, i admit that, but i'm not so blind that i only see it as "DNF news", it's more than that, i personally think it's a funny show, and i'll be particular curious because it's got DNF in it, but curious is all i am, excited is not the word i'm using here...

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options