Duke4.net Forums: Infestation in time Revisited - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Infestation in time Revisited

User is online   zykov eddy 

Hello guys.

Infestation in time is one of my first big projects and since the time it was released I wasn't fully satisfied with it. When I was making this mod, I was obsessed with con coding, not mapping or plot developing. As the result, IIT was a real mixed bag with tons of bugs, cheap maps & weak storyline.

Which is the reason I decided to update the whole thing. This is how I think the project should of been like. Plus, since this mod was mostly ignored at release, I think more people will be more likely to try it out now.
The most important update is the plot - it became stronger, and the maps have more consistency now. The first episode has more Duke style maps, and in the second you have to enter different time periods to stop the alien invasion. Special thanks to James Stanfield for helping me write the plot!

The new version also has a lot of other updates:

1.New graphics and objects (Such as new sprite for civilians.)
2.Updated high resolution models & textures
3.A lot of bugs fixed
4.Updated maps
5.Updated sounds
6.Updated soundtrack
7.Fixed balance. Plus, now you'll probably want to buy something in the weapon shops

I also tried to make the levels work with polymer, but found out that polymer makes everything in this mod look much worse, so I don't recommend playing this with polymer.

This mod can be played with HRP, in polymost or even in 8 bit renderer

Download

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 15 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

User is offline   Hank 

Excellent. I will not be able to play this right now, but you also pave the way to upgrade and improve projects. Posted Image

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I remember playing the original way back. I don't mind playing it again. Am checking this out right now.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Nice shotz.

I like these guns, especially that red freezer-like gun.

Also the sonic the hedgehog one.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

I love how the setting is supposed to be in Manhattan (IIRC) but the place is littered with Russian gaming magazines, pictures of presidents and dirty words smeared on walls. Looks like you're bad neighborhood <_<.

Hopefully I'll get to writing a more throrough opinion, but I already like the feel of the mod. However, this is wrong:

define WAITCARD 100022

(...)

actor WAITCARD
(...)

and r2651 will rightly reject it. Did you mean "10022"?

View PostHelixhorned, on 13 May 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

I love how the setting is supposed to be in Manhattan (IIRC) but the place is littered with Russian gaming magazines, pictures of presidents and dirty words smeared on walls. Looks like you're bad neighborhood <_<.

Hopefully I'll get to writing a more throrough opinion, but I already like the feel of the mod. However, this is wrong:

define WAITCARD 100022

(...)

actor WAITCARD
(...)

and r2651 will rightly reject it. Did you mean "10022"?

Yeah, I guess 10022 would be more logical. Some parts of the code is really dated and have silly mistakes.

So, do I have to fix it, or maybe it'll work in the future versions?

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

You have to fix it because the maximum tile number is 30719 currently, and will likely never exceed 32767.

Fixed version: http://www.mediafire...yy2t93bfu5wqbw5

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options