Duke4.net Forums: Blood Plus for Blood TC - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood Plus for Blood TC  "currently the idea only"

User is offline   Zaero 

I have some ideas how to improve the final product, some sort of "Blood Plus" tweak mod:
1. [Optional] Replace the Fork by Beast Claws (sprites are present in orginal Blood) with stomp altfire. See this:
Beast Mode Blood 1.21 Note: I prefer this to not have the red glow, just Beast Vision effect turned on.
2. [Optional] Permanent akimbo if 2 guns are picked up, but with requirement to reload them
3. Oxygene indicator like the one for throw power (blue)
4. TNT changes:
-ability to pick up Remote TNT after thrown ("use" button)
-Proximity TNT not triggered by Caleb
-Ability to throw a single TNT stick as well (alpha sprites, much less power)
Alpha TNT
5. Integrate Cryptic Passage episode (after 3rd and before 4th) and Post Mortem (not sure if it's already planned or not)
6. [Optional] Single shotgun looking like the one in Alpha (with some color adjustments to match akimbo shotguns). Other alpha weapons such as Napalm Launcher, Spray Can also available (triggered separately).
7. [Obsolete as it's already a part of BloodTC] Extra frames added to Gargoyle Statue transform animation (alpha)
8. [Optional] Replace the (now obsolete) Guns Akimbo and Beast Vision powerups with:
GA: Rage Shroom: Doubles the attack rate but causes delirium when the effect wears off.
BV: Shadow Cloak. Makes all the attacks go thru you unless you're attacking. Sometimes dropped by Phantasms.
9. [Optional] Weather effects: Rain in ep1, Snow in ep2 etc.
10. Some new items for mappers etc:
-Doppelganger: simply a Caleb-bot, allied with player, in SP obtained from broken mirrors
-Shrink shroom: makes player small like when Duke gets hit by shrink-ray. Makes him return to normal size if he was enlarged before.
-Grow shroom: makes player return to normal size, or enlarge him when he's normal size already.
-Medicine Pouch: adds 50 health which can be stored in Doctors Bag
-Spot mark: simply invisible Duke's camera
-Crystal Ball: allows to cycle thru all the spot marks in the map
-Delirium Effector: like the delirium shroom in Blood, but invisible and with no hud info displayed after "pickup". This item would be needed for some map packs like Bloody Pulp Fiction etc.
-Feather Fall: protects from falling damage.
-Asbestos Armor: protects from fire.
You can see the last 2 here: Alpha Items
11. Some new bonus events such as:
-Breaking a mirror causes Lil' Calebs (enemies) or Doppelganger (ally item) to spawn. Random 50/50 chance.
-Kamikaze-mode: which ressurrects Caleb if he'll kill at least 3 enemies with the TNT bundle held in his palm
12. [Optional] Add Caleb one-liners from Blood 2
13. Make Remote-Proximity TNT selectable by some "new" button (for example "Turn 180 degrees button"). The reason for this is to not have crowded weapon groups. Weapons nr 5 would be TNT Bundle/Stick, so there would be a need to move the other TNT's to other button to have only 2 weapons selected per button.
14. [Optional] Make the lighter burn only when close to the fuse. IMHO this makes more sense, than wasting the lighter's gas for no reason.
15. [Optional] Quick Kick button (since it's obsolete in Blood) replaced by a "Lighter button". This would activate the lighter as the sole weapon which deals little close-combat fire damage. This would be useful for:
-quickly dealing with some lesser enemies: spiders, rats etc
-destruction of some decor items like trees, bushes etc (just for fun) or TNT barrels (quite useful)
-if held longer will illuminate the nearest area, but make Caleb unable to use other weapons
16. [Optional] Suicide bombers perhaps? Like the one seen in Dan's HYPERCORE mod: kamikaze zombie troopers
but with this spriteset used:
Posted Image
17. More interaction with some items - for example liquors drinkable from bottles/goblets (adds some hp but causes delirium effect) etc. Some items can be seen here: Alpha items
18. [Optional] Probably the most questionable change: swap secret levels of A Farewell to Arms and Dead Reckoning. Reasons?
Spoiler

-what is the main theme of the 3rd episode? What is the main theme of the 4th episode? Wouldn't they fit better this way?
19. Some additional map/s from Blood Alpha added to make each episode have 9 levels. This means:
-Alpha map01 (with some improvements of course) added right before E1M5: Hallowed Grounds under title "Haunted Yard".
See an example: Map01 improved
Map02 cannot be used since its already present in Post Mortem as M6: Forbidden Rituals.
-This map added to episode 3.
20. [Optional] "Focus" system: like the one seen in Blood 2:
Pros:
-all magical weapons uses magic which regenerates up to 100
-Trapped Souls gets replaced by some other item since they're obsolete (by Medicine Pouch for ex.)
-you'll not loose Voodoo Doll after altfire (just wait for the magic to regenerate)
Cons:
-all magical weapons share the same ammo
-Life leech doesn't work if out of ammo

When a feature is marked [Optional] this means it'll be customized by an ini file.

Here's a good site to see how some stuff described above looks like: RTCM - Knowledge Base

Unfortunately I lack the skills to make it, hopefully someone has. If someone would like to join the team to actually make this, please let me know (PM).

This post has been edited by Zaero: 23 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

I guess DeeperThough can help you on this (New nick Trooper Dan that's it?) <_<

Nice list, I'm sure you'll find volunteers here :huh: Good luck!

He doesn't need trooper dan for this. He's a great coder.
Edit: I thought it was someone else who made this topic, and didn't read the full post. Are you planning on editing M210's mod? He might want to help you with that.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 14 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Probably yes, i can help...to I haven't time to make BloodPlus now, because I busying by BloodTC <_<

This post has been edited by M210: 14 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

User is offline   Zaero 

Well Dan's help would be much appreciated, but he's probably busy with some other stuff right now.

View PostM210, on 14 April 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Probably yes, i can help...to I haven't time to make BloodPlus now, because I busying by BloodTC <_<

Thats always a good news! Anyway it would be unwise to start BloodPlus unless the whole BloodTC system (all stuff other than maps) will be made. BTW M210 - do you like the features listed?

User is offline   m210® 

Yeap, I like this features <_< It's a good stuff on future

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Why start a new thread for this? It best fits in the Blood TC thread since it's not even done yet.

User is offline   Mateos 

Maybe to not get this post lost in the middle of the said thread; Here it can be easily found and discussed without having both TC and extension discussion at once?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's ok if there's just one idea thread, but usually mod/TC idea threads get buried very easily, and people forget about them. Then some noob comes along and creates another idea thread. There are probably 100 DukePlus idea threads floating about because each person makes his own, not knowing that one already exists.

User is offline   Mateos 

They don't mind to use the "Search" function, I would say... A problem all forums have, sadly.

I average i think we get under one new thread every day. So i think were fine.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMateos, on 15 April 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

Maybe to not get this post lost in the middle of the said thread; Here it can be easily found and discussed without having both TC and extension discussion at once?

Yeah, but this is about starting a mod in the future, on a modification that's not even close to being finished. I mean, that is beyond pointless.

User is offline   Mateos 

I see your point. So here is the difference between posting it now and posting it after completion; The only wish I can make is that all these features listed will be made when the BloodTC will be finished, because there's motivation now, and maybe free time, but later, will it be the case? And this free time for now has let Zaero makes thoughts and share them here. As he said, if someone is interested, for the skills he doesn't have (I'm not present a lot here so I dunno who have this or this skill, just followed nick changes ^^'), and if they're people interested in BloodPlus, they should be interested by BloodTC, and be able to help M210.

It is pointless to post it now, it is nice to have shared it with the community. Hope you'll see my point <_<

User is offline   m210® 

Btw, I think to be more usefull make a new some maps for BloodTC and make a new episode now <_< Because DukePlus have a lot of new maps, and BloodTC have only one not completed episode that does not give a complete picture of the game

it's a good opportunity to help me with the maps now :huh:

This post has been edited by M210: 15 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

User is offline   Zaero 

View PostMateos, on 15 April 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

it is nice to have shared it with the community.

Thanks.

View PostM210, on 15 April 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Btw, I think to be more usefull make a new some maps for BloodTC and make a new episode now <_< Because DukePlus have a lot of new maps, and BloodTC have only one not completed episode that does not give a complete picture of the game

it's a good opportunity to help me with the maps now :huh:

Well the best thing would be to have Blood2Duke map converter, to not recreate them manually. The latter takes a lot of time and makes it harder for some cool user episodes like Death Wish, Bloody Pulp Fiction, Alone in the Dark etc to be added. With a converter this could be done in a matter of minutes not months. IMHO the converter is a must for BloodTC to be trully considered Blood port by most of the Blood's community.

This post has been edited by Zaero: 16 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

• Honored Donor

I thought a map converter was being used, but the maps still needed to be retextured and have actors/effects fixed?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostMicky C, on 16 April 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

I thought a map converter was being used, but the maps still needed to be retextured and have actors/effects fixed?

After converting we get map with all geometry, textures and sprites. That's it. And we should remake all the effects, doors, elevators, lighting, switches, event and ambient sounds and more complicated effects that m210 have made. That's a lot of work.

Blood2Duke map converter

It's called blud2b http://blood.sourcef...t/snapshots.php
But it was abandoned before developers could convert blood actors to duke analogues.

This post has been edited by empy: 16 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I want to add that scale of the maps of Blood is different then Duke3D maps, therefore we need make maps less also and therefore textures are leaving and received stitches.

I converted Blood maps at 2008year and I have all episodes of original Blood, which I can launch with BloodTC, but doors, sounds, some effects will not works without reconstruction.

This post has been edited by M210: 16 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Mapster32 supports map scaling and automatic texture alignment so those issues are solved.

I don't know how Blood effects are encoded in the maps and I don't know how easy it would be to translate simple things like doors into Sector Effectors but I don't think it could be too hard.

User is offline   m210® 

I don't know how Blood effects are encoded in the maps and I don't know how easy it would be to translate simple things like doors into Sector Effectors but I don't think it could be too hard.

Do you want try to make a second episode? <_<

This post has been edited by M210: 16 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostHendricks266, on 16 April 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

Mapster32 supports map scaling and automatic texture alignment so those issues are solved.

btw, how can I do map scaling?

User is offline   Zaero 

I've found some alpha weapons applied into the actual Blood, you can see them here: BAITD optional weapons

Blood Weapons Mod

Please take a not how alpha shotgun's hammers work.
I like the part of the videos where you can see Beast Hands in action - probably the most phychotic weapon for Build engine ever made. Why they've replaced it with fork - really I don't know. Please see how cool it is to rise from grave as a true beast!

All those cool videos makes my hunger for Blood even stronger! <_<

Some new ideas came into my mind so I will share - please see the first post, numbers 12-15.

This post has been edited by Zaero: 17 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

• Honored Donor

View PostM210, on 16 April 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

btw, how can I do map scaling?

Highlight the map with right-alt, press ' f which brings up the special functions menu, and there's an option to resize your selection. Choose that option, enter the percentage you want the map to be resized by, then bam; piece of cake.

User is offline   m210® 

because I primarily stick to the original,and Caleb is a man and not a monster <_<
I can make it as additional weapon instead fork...but it will be at future after BloodTC will be done

Btw, Quick_kick is using as alt-fire for weapons

This post has been edited by M210: 17 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   Zaero 

View PostM210, on 17 April 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

because I primarily stick to the original,and Caleb is a man and not a monster ;)

Well I cannot agree entirely. Caleb is a chosen, like the red robbed guys in Post Mortem episode. Being a chosen grands them a special Beast morph ability easily seen in the final battle. Since Caleb is superior to them in any aspect, why he cannot morph like them? Monolith asked the same question - that's why we have this weapon's sprites made. Implementing this would probably delay Blood's release, so I think that's why they've abandoned the idea.

If you're curious how the battle between Caleb-Beast and Priest-Beast will look like here's the video at time 3:30: Ugly and the Beast

In the very begining you can also see Napalm Launcher from Blood Alpha.

I can make it as additional weapon instead fork...but it will be at future after BloodTC will be done

Btw, Quick_kick is using as alt-fire for weapons

Sure thing. The aim is to recreate the Blood as accurately as possible, so fork is a must. Speaking of which a have an idea for an altfire: it would be cool to be able to put enemies on fork and carry them, then throw them off with another attack. This would allow some hilarious situations like:
-throw them to chasms and pits to die by falling damage
-throw them to fireplaces and lava pools to die by burning
-throw them near TNT barrels, then detonate it before they'll stand up <_<

Please take in mind that there is a cool animation for zombie running in mid-air (seen in the E1M4 in the freak show halls) which can be used. :D

I didn' know the quick kick is already replaced, but I'm quite sure there is some other useless button right there, which wasn't replaced. :huh:

ps. Here's some funny stuff which reminds me of Blood's zombie faces: Dr. House

This post has been edited by Zaero: 18 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

User is offline   zZaRDoZz 

@ OP, sorry, wrong thread <_<

Post relocated in the bloodtc thread.

This post has been edited by zZaRDoZz: 20 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options