Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   MetHy 

That's really fucking cool! Been dreaming of seeing that tank in action forever!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Others have made similar modifications, such as ProAsm's XarTech and The Fly's Unofficial CON Fixes.

i won't use this in my mod, because a conservative-communist like me does not need liberal-nazi weapons
don't use my arm/hand sprites, just change them. also with m4 voxel

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: m16.png
  • Attached Image: m4.png
  • Attached Image: fas 2014-07-07 01-46-04-984.png

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ☭ Ivan ☭: 07 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

i release this sprites with a voxel,(i made a better one)
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  voxel.rar (24.5K)
    Number of downloads: 369

This post has been edited by Ivan Jäger: 23 July 2014 - 02:36 AM

User is offline   Chip 

Lunick, on 19 February 2014 - 03:07 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

They are not widescreen friendly. Someone in the #eduke32 channel was making widescreen versions but that was a while ago.

Does anyone know if anything ever happened with this? Did the widescreen version ever get completed? If not, then I'll do it myself as I've recently added in the Duke Extreme Devastator into my game as a Flamethrower style weapon. (And may even name it "Roman Candle Launcher" after Duke Extreme lol )

This post has been edited by Chip: 26 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

User is offline   Chip 

Here's some industrial brick walls that I created 15 years ago, when I was just 13. Although they were hastily put together using other tiles, I still really like them to this day. Use the ones from the zip folder attached and not the show case image, so you don't have to mess around with cropping and loading the Duke palette.
Attached Image: Allp.png

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Chip 

I've recently been tweaking the sprites for King Cobra and Gorilla from Duke Xtreme - removing odd pixels / artifacts from them, as they were rich with random glow pixels. Attached is a zip folder with all of the modified King Cobra frames. To keep the forum preview image from being too big, I've only shown 1 walking animation of 5 frames, instead of all 4. But rest assured, the zip folder does contain all of them. Although I've attended to Gorilla's artifacts, I noticed that the 4th frame in each walking set used a modified copy of the 2nd frame. This means that Gorilla actually changes which hand he holds his Mortar Gun in, when he turns around. I plan to sort this out, but whether I can do a good job of it remains to be seen.
Attached Image: King Cobra preview.png

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Chip: 31 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

I really do love the King Cobra as an enemy, too bad Xtreme didn't do much with him.

User is offline   Chip 

I decided to make a cheap sprite for the AMMOLOTS actor, since it is defined in game (tile 48), has hard coded elements and fully works, lacking only a sprite. The sprite was made by combining 4 of the original Pistol ammo sprites. Since the actor gives the player 48 Pistol ammo, 3D Realms probably discarded the idea of using this actor as they could just use the Pistol sprite, which also gives 48 ammo. Regardless, there are some uses for it and I certainly make use of it.

Ideal sizeat should be 15 15. However, due to the actor having a hard coded size, you'll want to use EVENT_LOADACTOR to set the size so it's set before the player sees it.

Make sure you download the attached .bmp file and NOT the .png image (which is only there for the purpose of showcasing the sprite).

Attached Image: Ammolots showcase.png

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Chip: 18 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

This is what it originally looked like. I haven't found an unmolested version yet.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I fixed it. :(

Attached Image: Ammo.png

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 18 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Hendricks420, on 18 August 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

This is what it originally looked like. I haven't found an unmolested version yet.

So 3D Realms did that with the Duke betas too like the Shadow Warrior one that leaked?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Has anybody ever made a widescreen-friendly version of the original Duke3D statusbar (tile #2462)? I had a project over at the ZDoom forums which provided 8-bit replacements for Doom HUDs to maintain the original look of the statusbars while eliminating the borders to the left and right.

I dunno if it can be done the same way in EDuke32 like in ZDoom: Basically, the new statusbar has a width of 486px instead of 320px, adding 83px on each side (which are the parts you have to create and add). You would then add the widescreen version to a WAD file with an offset of 83px to the right and it would be centered ingame.

If there is no existing 8-bit version of the statusbar, consider this as a challenge to create one maybe. :(

User is offline   Lunick 

I think Jimmy/Hendricks had one for a project but never publicly released (yet).

• Weaponized Autism

Yeah. You might as well press [+] one more time and shrink the status bar scale.

I believe Fox posted one in the What are you working on thread about a year ago.

• The Truth is in here

Indeed he was. Already looked pretty finished back then. Maybe now could be the time to ask what became of it. ^^

*EDIT*
Based on the screenshot Fox provided in that thread, I have created a widescreen HUD on my own. Since it uses Fox's work however, I wouldn't release it here without his explicit permission.
It seems to have minimal glitches on the top left and right edges (you can still see the green slime background a tiny bit, but only where the statusbar is extended beyond its limits) if you resize the screen to reposition the HUD weapon on top of the statusbar (which is my personal preference).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

cigar box with lighter
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Ivan Jäger, on 29 August 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

cigar box with lighter
Posted Image

That looks like Duke Begins stuff Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

NightFright, on 23 August 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

Indeed he was. Already looked pretty finished back then. Maybe now could be the time to ask what became of it. ^^

*EDIT*
Based on the screenshot Fox provided in that thread, I have created a widescreen HUD on my own. Since it uses Fox's work however, I wouldn't release it here without his explicit permission.
It seems to have minimal glitches on the top left and right edges (you can still see the green slime background a tiny bit, but only where the statusbar is extended beyond its limits) if you resize the screen to reposition the HUD weapon on top of the statusbar (which is my personal preference).

You shouldn't use a screenshot as reference because the HUD shade is not zero, as odd as that may sound.

If you want to work over it, this is as far as I got:

Posted Image

• The Truth is in here

Regarding another post I just noticed above regarding the Super Devastator:

Chip, on 26 July 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Does anyone know if anything ever happened with this? Did the widescreen version ever get completed? If not, then I'll do it myself as I've recently added in the Duke Extreme Devastator into my game as a Flamethrower style weapon. (And may even name it "Roman Candle Launcher" after Duke Extreme lol )

I am actually currently looking for this on my own. These sprites were also used in "American Assault" which is supposed to be part of my upcoming addon compilation. I could try solving it by attaching the sprites to each side of the screen instead via CON code, but I dunno if it's possible.

@Fox:
Well, your early version is quite good already!
Mine is looking like this right now - it's probably a lot longer than actually needed, but well. Colors are most likely off (too bright), but I am quite an amateur at this, anyway. Take your time with finishing your release and it's gonna be better than this one will ever be. ^^

Posted Image

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 September 2014 - 06:16 AM

NightFright, on 15 September 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

Mine is looking like this right now - it's probably a lot longer than actually needed, but well. Colors are most likely off (too bright), but I am quite an amateur at this, anyway. Take your time with finishing your release and it's gonna be better than this one will ever be. ^^

Looks fine to me.

• Weaponized Autism

NightFright, on 15 September 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I know I am probably opening a can of worms here but I always pictured in my head that the status bar would just curve down from the sides just like it does it near the nuke symbol already.
Posted Image

It's a piss-poor edit but helps understand what I mean by it.

Extending it all the way to the sides just breaks it from being an efficient and compact HUD, reminds me more of a forced raster split that was done with older games.
Anyway that is just how I see it.

EDIT: Fixed the seams a bit. Needs proper 8bit palette conversion but it should be easy to do.

This post has been edited by oasiz: 16 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

• Weaponized Autism

That would work great for the display method where we overlay the statusbar on the screen like the minihud, but it would not work for the mode where the viewport ends at the top of the status bar (as it was in the DOS days, and in Megaton, forever and ever without end. Amen.)

• The Truth is in here

Hendricks266, on 15 September 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

[Here we go]

I know, I know... actually Fox's 428 px width are fully sufficient. :) But heyyyyy maybe someone wants to stretch it across two screens or something, right! xD Well anyway, oasiz' approach is also quite neat. The seams would need to be fixed, but after that, that could actually turn into something cool at least for modders.

But as far as I am concerned, Fox is almost finished with his version. Maybe do something about the spots where the extra parts are added and that might already be it. The thing with the classic statusbar in widescreen is just that it's quite some waste of screen space with relatively large areas where nothing happens visually. Yet it provides something useful - overview of ammo for all weapons. I remain kinda torn between the classic view with full statusbar and the EDuke32 custom HUD, but it's not a topic for here.

If anyone gets a hold on that widescreen Super Devastator, I'd be grateful if it popped up here, too. ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 16 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

User is offline   Minigunner 

Chip, on 26 July 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Posted Image
I tried.

(The stripes will have to be redone though.)

This post has been edited by Minigunner: 14 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Bang Bang.

Attached Image: revolver2.png

• The Truth is in here

@Minigunner:
Not bad at all! Some visible seams still, but really nice already. Once you are finished with it, could you try to provide it as an 8-bit image compatible with the Duke3D palette (so it can be put into a groupfile and used without color issues)?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 October 2014 - 04:33 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image
new 3dr.ico rip

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

oasiz, on 15 September 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

I know I am probably opening a can of worms here but I always pictured in my head that the status bar would just curve down from the sides just like it does it near the nuke symbol already.
Posted Image

Oh that is sexy.

Drek, on 26 October 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

Posted Image
new 3dr.ico rip

I'm really glad they revised the logo from where it was originally, the one they went with is perfect.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options