Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   Jolteon 

Double posting because why not (Sorry). Anyways here's an dying FireFly with blood on him (Not too much though unlike the Zombie Lizard Trooper).

Attached Image: Shot Firefly.png

Spoiler

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Does anyone have a TrueType Font of, or at least something particularly close to, the 1.3D menu font?

Posted Image

The closest I was able to find with WhatTheFont was this, but it's not quite the same.
https://www.myfonts..../kraft/regular/

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 03 August 2017 - 05:19 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

We had planned a vector font for the HTTKC, but we never finished it.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

We have the vector sources that SwissCM made for the "redfont13" that is in the HRP. It's an SVG though--a TTF would require further modification (and loss of information) because by nature they are monochromatic.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

You can vector up the originals in Illustrator or Inkscape. That would give you the shapes. Then you can use a font editor to create your own 100% correct TTF.

Both Inkscape and AI both have a trace feature.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 03 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

User is online   Gambini 

View PostJolteon, on 13 July 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Since there's an OctaKing in DNF, how about an OctaQueen. Includes an alternate explosion death.

Attachment octaqueen sheet.png

Good work there, i accidentally downvoted you when wanted to upvove you (i blame my wireless mouse´s lag).

View PostGambini, on 03 August 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Good work there, i accidentally downvoted you when wanted to upvove you (i blame my wireless mouse´s lag).

Sorry for the late Reply, but no worries. It's cool. :thumbsup:

Anyways, While trying to think up an Assassin like enemy based on the Caribbean Lizard sprites, I ended up making bloodless dying animations for the Caribbean Lizard, Possibly to be used for faking his own death.

Attached Image: No Blood.png

• Polymancer

Here is the skybox blend file from Hollywood Holocaust Rethinked.

Created by myself from instructions in this wiki: https://en.wikibooks.../Build_a_skybox
Created in Blender 2.79 and using the Cycles renderer.

This is blend file with a camera rig that will automatically spit out the correct size and aspect ratio for a cube-based skybox.
Included on the third layer is the LA Skyline model used for the HHR thread. You can build your own scene and light it accordingly and use the camera rig to make your own cube skyboxes.
All images are packed into the blend file.

Posted Image
(top and bottom images not shown).
Posted Image

SOME INSTRUCTIONS

LAYER ONE: Camera Rig. Don't touch this.
The camera rig is set to kick out the six faces of the skybox. Those are as follows:

Frame Camera orientation
0001 West
0002 North
0003 East
0004 South
0005 Bottom
0006 Top

LAYER TWO: HHR Skybox City model.
Created from a variety of cubes with window textures on them. Not particularly high-res, but it gets the job done.

LAYER THREE: Sky dome, ground plane and cyclorama.
The sky dome contains the sky texture (SKYROUND2.PNG). The groundplane contains the ground texture (squarecitybase.png) and the cyclorama contains the LA skyline backdrop (skyline2.png) to give the illusion of the city stretching out behind the models.

Lighting is using Blender's Cycles renderer. Currently the amount of render samples is set to 200 for preview purposes. For a final render you'll want to knock that up to somewhere between 500 or 1000, depending on your scene.
Feel free to change the graphics and scenery models to create your own medieval, sci-fi or hellish environments. You can also use really low res graphics or mount building sprites to alpha planes to get a pixelated look for sprite-based mods.

Experiment, have fun and make cool looking stuff!

TM

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 13 September 2017 - 03:17 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTea Monster, on 13 September 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

Experiment, have fun and make cool looking stuff!

TM

:) many thanks dude.

Until now, I did not even know you can do this in Blender. :)

This post has been edited by Hank: 13 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I can see that as a base for making a daytime version of the skybox. For the ground you could substitute a Google Earth pic of the LA downtown area for realism.

• Polymancer

Posted Image

Again, textures need revamping, but it would work.

Usually the skybox it's one of the few things that someone can put at max detail on low-medium systems in most games without frame rate drops (modelled clouds permitting), at least when they are more or less static images.

Now, how much an ENTIRE 3D skybox can affect performance, especially when polymer (of which all the problems have not yet been resolved) is used?

Cool stuff anyway.

• Polymancer

I think you've misunderstood what is going on here.

User is offline   Mark 

Fantinaikos. TM provided this as a way to make your own skybox textures from this model. If loaded in Blender it will take the six pics needed for a proper skybox in eduke. You can customize the building textures with your own before taking the pics. You don't actually put this model in your map.

But you could if you want to.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 14 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostMark., on 14 September 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Fantinaikos. TM provided this as a way to make your own skybox textures from this model. If loaded in Blender it will take the six pics needed for a proper skybox in eduke. You can customize the building textures with your own before taking the pics. You don't actually put this model in your map.

I suspected that just screenshotted textures will be derived from those actually, I was not sure.

But you could if you want to.

It is possible too? In Duke Out DC the burning Capitol in the distance it's an actual model if remember correctly (that was a texture however so maybe it's different), in theory you can do the same thing for all the buildings? Big structures, empty inside to avoid frame drops as you can, out of the map where player can never reach/touch it?

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 14 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

The buildings in DC are sector based structures and bits of clever sprite work.

As to 3D skyboxes. Right now, as far as I know, they are not technically possible in Polymer because the con command needed for them to work properly is currently broken in Polymer.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It would be nice if eduke32 had dedicated 3D skybox support as opposed to relying on imperfect con implementations.

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

so this here was going to be the freezethrower replacement in this little mod i've been cooking up, but I've opted not to use it. I still like it okay, but i decided its look clashes a bit too much with the rest of the mod's 64 style, so I moved on to something more suitable.

Did a little simple edit. Here's a octabrain with creepy glowing red eyes. (Because it's October, Halloween is near! :rolleyes: )

Attached Image: redeye octabrain.png

Sorry for double posting, but I've done another simple edit, this time A Cycloid Emperor with a black eye, like in DNF.

Attached Image: DNF cycloid.png

Happy Halloween! :rolleyes:

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I've got a request if anyone's up for the challenge: Duke-handed version of the Blood shotgun.

This post has been edited by Striker: 27 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

View PostCruX, on 24 September 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

so this here was going to be the freezethrower replacement in this little mod i've been cooking up, but I've opted not to use it. I still like it okay, but i decided its look clashes a bit too much with the rest of the mod's 64 style, so I moved on to something more suitable.

If I may, What was the weapon supposed to do in your mod ?

Was it supposed to behave like the regular Freezethrower (and therefore be a ""simple"" reskin) or was it supposed to have more specia/specific abilities ?

User is offline   CruX 

a plasma rifle, essentially

This post has been edited by Lunick: 05 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I don't know if this has been mentioned but if you upload larger (I don't know the specific threshold) lossless PNGs to imgur make sure there's at least one transparent pixel to avoid it converting to low quality JPG.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostWarhawk, on 19 October 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

I made 2 frames for Snake Head.

Posted Image

Damn you Gearbox. I really, REALLY want those Snake Head sprites.

The art for the Snakehead was shared as a gif on the Duke4 Discord a few days ago:
Posted Image

And then Hendricks shared the .art for the Snakehead

Attached File(s)

Thats great :D , I hope there is the time to including it in AMC TC enemy cast. (believe or not, I realized only a few months ago that my pigcop with the shield was included in the second episode)

BTW I have another WIP of a beta DN3D enemy. You should see it relatively soon.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 06 December 2017 - 04:10 AM

User is offline   jet_nick 

View PostFantinaikos, on 06 December 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

Thats great :D , I hope there is the time to including it in AMC TC enemy cast. (believe or not, I realized only a few months ago that my pigcop with the shield was included in the second episode)

uhm which enemy?

let's say that there is sufficient leaked material to make a good reconstruction of it, is weird that no one have tried before (at least as far as I know).

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 06 December 2017 - 07:18 AM

User is offline   jet_nick 

View PostFantinaikos, on 06 December 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

let's say that there is sufficient leaked material to make a good reconstruction of it, is weird that no one have tried before (at least as far as I know).

i see, is a surprise Xp

View PostFantinaikos, on 06 December 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

I believe there is an Enforcer variant with a Shield in a similar fashion, I would like to see this included in AMC as well >_>

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options