Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   Jblade 

I used it for the original IW in the Ractonia map, it definitly should be 'unbug-fixed' for lack of a better term unless there's a better option.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostGambini, on 20 July 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

The age old mapping wisdom holds that a bug that has been exploited for something cool has won a place on the supported features lounge.

Unless its holding back future cool features.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 20 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostJames, on 20 July 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

I used it for the original IW in the Ractonia map, it definitly should be 'unbug-fixed' for lack of a better term unless there's a better option.

"bug-unfixed"

View PostHelixhorned, on 20 July 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Negotiate an officially supported feature instead of relying on bugs :). (But not here.)

Yes here. To begin with, Eduke32 shouldn't stretch textures with more than 128px of width, so you could do any background with a 1024px-wide panoramic image.

This post has been edited by Fox: 20 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

User is offline   jet_nick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Your art is cool Jet, but I'm not sure why you keep posting your unfinished stuff in this thread.

This post has been edited by Nopony: 03 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

User is offline   jet_nick 

after the completion of the old stuff I always replaced with full ones

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That's not the point. This thread is for completed resources (or unfinished resources that will not be finished.) You can post work in progress stuff in this thread.

View PostMs. Radar, on 30 July 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

Your art is cool Jet, but I'm not sure why you keep posting your unfinished stuff in this thread.

I was wondering that one too.

Jet, you should finish your stuff first, I wonder why do you have to keep posting those unfinished stuff in this thread?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Hey, maybe it's a bad idea to scare off one of the few people actually making stuff, guys?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Keep posting the good stuff, jet_nick. I for one really appreciate that someone is taking the time to make enemy sprites for use in mods like that.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

???

We're not telling him to go away. We're telling him where the right place to post this stuff is, which is not here. By your logic, I guess James can start posting the latest AMC TC news in the WG Realms section, and we can't tell him otherwise because "maybe it's a bad idea to scare off one of the few people actually making stuff" and that someone really appreciates the time he's putting into his mod.

And his enemy sprites are only cool at face value. None of them can even be used because they aren't completed. Saying "I for one really appreciate that someone is taking the time to make enemy sprites for use in mods like that" is a completely invalid point because they can't actually be utilized 'for use in mods like that'.

This post has been edited by Ms. Radar: 06 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

• Judge Mental

View PostMs. Radar, on 06 August 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

By your logic, I guess James can start posting the latest AMC TC news in the WG Realms section, and we can't tell him otherwise because "maybe it's a bad idea to scare off one of the few people actually making stuff" a

Terrible example.

View PostMs. Radar, on 06 August 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

And his enemy sprites are only cool at face value. None of them can even be used because they aren't completed. Saying "I for one really appreciate that someone is taking the time to make enemy sprites for use in mods like that" is a completely invalid point because they can't actually be utilized 'for use in mods like that'.

No. If he tosses out a single frame here and someone says "HEY! That's pretty cool" He will probably go on to finish it. If he get's crickets, he knows not to waste his time. There's nothing wrong with it, and even if he never fully completes something he posts, someone else could still make use of it as it is posted in the community stockpile and not in the "What are you working out right now" thread. Which have two distinctly different concepts behind them. Posting over there implies you're working on something for your own projects. The community stockpile is for everyone to contribute whatever they want for everyone to use.

User is offline   Gambini 

The only thing he needs to do is start posting those at "what are you working on for duke right now". Unless they´re finsihed.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Commando, your reasoning is great and all, but you're still forgetting that none of the stuff he makes can be used.

Posted Image

???

What the heck is any modder supposed to make with a single tile? Yeah, I definitely see a phenomenal tileset here ready for Dan Gaskill to code advanced enemy AI with.

That doesn't mean a shirtless pigcop isn't a great concept that could be further developed. Such things should go in this thread.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMs. Radar, on 07 August 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Commando, your reasoning is great and all, but you're still forgetting that none of the stuff he makes can be used.

Posted Image

???

What the heck is any modder supposed to make with a single tile? Yeah, I definitely see a phenomenal tileset here ready for Dan Gaskill to code advanced enemy AI with.

That doesn't mean a shirtless pigcop isn't a great concept that could be further developed. Such things should go in this thread.

Most of his stuff isn't a single tile, though, or if it is, he replaces it with a full set when he's finished. I've seen plenty of complete looking sets of sprites from him already.

Regardless, why the fuck are you literally arguing that someone's contribution is useless when you aren't making any yourself? And why are you saying "none of the stuff he makes can be used"?

He made this:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

And this masked trooper:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

So, tell me again how "none of the stuff he makes can be used."

The real problem is the people. Sometimes one has the feeling of doing tons and tons of sprites for nothing only because no one makes mods thar require them.

Mine was also a most more unfortunate case: Remeber the jumping Battlelord/Cycloid and internal LARD tank? well, for one time a guy uses original resource by me for his project (even if it was used before the posting), 8 on 10 people say that mod sucks and no one take care. In fact to make notice I had to put it here.

The solution could be a community project, but if I am not mistaken all past attempts have failed.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostTerminX, on 07 August 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Most of his stuff isn't a single tile, though, or if it is, he replaces it with a full set when he's finished. I've seen plenty of complete looking sets of sprites from him already.

Regardless, why the fuck are you literally arguing that someone's contribution is useless when you aren't making any yourself? And why are you saying "none of the stuff he makes can be used"?

He made this:

<snip>

Now those are phenomenal tilesets to behold, but let's admit that those are anomalies. He usually does not post completed content.

And just because I'm not posting things in this thread does not mean I haven't been handy to people in other technical Duke situations.

This post has been edited by Nopony: 03 July 2015 - 12:59 PM

User is offline   Fox 

Didn't he said that he edit his posts once he finished the tiles?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

• Judge Mental

View PostJimmy, on 07 August 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Really? Gave me a hankering for a grlled cheese sandwhich and some shrimp.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You all are hypocrites. Aren't we also supposed to keep discussion out of this thread?

Also, this is not the first time that jet_nick has said he edits his posts when he is done. I technically agree that only the finished work should go in this thread, while WIPs should go in the other thread, but at the end of the day it doesn't make a difference.

jet_nick, keep up the good work.

User is offline   Fox 

I am fine with unfinished material, since they can also be used. Besides I think most of what is posted on this thread are fragments.

This post has been edited by Fox: 07 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Sorry to carry this discussion on, but:

View PostMs. Radar, on 07 August 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Now those are phenomenal tilesets to behold, but let's admit that those are anomalies. He usually does not post completed content.

He's done 9 finished art tile sets, you are literally talking out of your ass. Please just leave the discussion with some measure of dignity attached.

This post has been edited by James: 07 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

User is offline   Fox 

There is no dignity in being rude.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

The insults against me are piling up it seems. Probably just because I'm black. Jet_nick will hopefully edit his post with a completed tileset soon, since that is the method he has been using and the one everyone seems to be happy with.

This post has been edited by Nopony: 03 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

User is offline   Fox 

You are Hitler.

Why every f***ing thread have to go crap, flamed or whatever ?

User is offline   Fox 

Speaking for me, I am a crap person, so it's not a surprise.

User is offline   Hank 

Here are some Women's boots I made. I looked into doing this into md3 formats, I can't be arsed to do this in md3.
I attached some boot images if one wants make UVs for those models.
No strings attached to this file(s) what so ever, i.e. no copyrights, no credits, no other limitations.

http://www.mediafire.../WBootsFree.zip

Attached Image: Girl01Boots.jpg

I did not want to make another post, Thanks, Davox.
The boots are to scale, from my very own woman.
md3 requires triangles, and that messed up my UVs, so you guys need to wait for more useful models until I mastered this. Posted Image

Also, thanks Daedolon, this is one boot (left) in md3 via Noesis, still, I simply have to learn low poly, this is high poly.
http://www.mediafire...frrhd535uw31c71

This post has been edited by Hank: 10 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Very well done man, those look very real in shape!

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options