Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   Hank 

a little bit from me - germanized switches

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
for simple import with Duke Palette use the zip file

my in progress tile collection - sample of my better work
http://www.mediafire...ukdziush1s6vguk
from Paris
Posted Image

... from Quake,
Attached Image: Untitled.gif

@ LeoD - sorry, no Iron Glad. This is for today's, Hamburg, Frankfurt, München etc. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHank, on 15 February 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

a little bit from me - germanized switches

User ART for an Iron Sky themed map? Might inspire the current CBP.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHigh Treason, on 15 February 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

The dimensions are actually 321 x 201 to fix the 1px gap around it when used with rotatesprite.

That would be most of a renderer idiosyncrasy, so you shouldn't be doing that...

User is offline   Mark 

If there is someone out here willing to convert models to voxels I will post a few of my models for you guys to use.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Models are welcome in this thread, too. If you want to go ahead and post them, do it, and I've updated the thread title and guidelines. Any resources are welcome, no reason to make threads for each type of resource unless people start posting tons of stuff.

This post has been edited by Wolfe: 15 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Since this is such a useful and general thread, and there's been some pretty high quality stuff posted so far, should it be stickied?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I made my own, hopefully they will be considered "optimal".

for reference:
Posted Image

Examination reveals that it is not purely a mirror right down the center. The side portions look mirrored but the thin strips at the top and bottom are not. More likely, it was pieced together like the scuba gear in v0.99.

unmodified:
Posted Image

The white thing in the middle is actually off-center in the original, so here is a fix:
Posted Image

I'll have to leave the glare to Wolfe though.

Space Suit overlay (The original was likely just half of this with a mirrored version on the other side of the screen - you can edit it yourself or ask me to do it for you if you want it like that. The dimensions are actually 321 x 201 to fix the 1px gap around it when used with rotatesprite.
Attachment spsuit00.PNG

I don't like the sound of that 1px extra thing, and like many rips it's missing the small white thing on the bottom center.

Space Suit Glass, presumably you will use this with "rotatesprite" so remember to set the orientation so it has the correct transparency. This is based on the scuba gear glass from Blood.
Attachment spsuit05.PNG

Good per se, but it does not match at all.

View PostFox, on 15 February 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

I believe I made the transparent glass... funny that I made quite a lazy work based on a screenshot (all I wanted was to test it in 0.99) but everyone is still using it. :lol:

No, he posted something different. I still have the glare you made though, back on AMC.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 15 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostWolfe, on 15 February 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Models are welcome in this thread, too.

The title has changed!
What about sound bites? Some are from studios and need to be in a .grp file or equivalent, but I have others and revised those, like the pitch and echo etc. that could be uploaded here.

This post has been edited by Hank: 15 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

User is offline   Green 

Pinned. :lol:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHank, on 15 February 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

The title has changed!
What about sound bites? Some are from studios and need to be in a .grp file or equivalent, but I have others and revised those, like the pitch and echo etc. that could be uploaded here.

Soundbites don't need to be supplied in a .GRP file. Feel free to post whatever ya want.

View PostGreen, on 15 February 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Pinned. :lol:

Thanks!

User is offline   Kyanos 

Attached Image: EDF_Flag.jpg
Attached File  EDF Flag.zip (153.79K)
Number of downloads: 1359

Here is a model I would like to share with the community. This is fully animated, made using Blender 2.6 with the ability to bake physic simulations to mesh and export to md3. I used the security screen tile from the polymer HRP as the base for the flag skin. I've included the md3 file with the skins and a readme about the surface #s, frame names, and def stuff.

Credits:
Drek
polymer_hrp.zip\highres\textures\0499.jpg
3D Realms

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

This isn't a resource per se, but it's something that I learned while designing my Area 51 map, and I thought I would share it with all of you. I've figured out how to make ambient sounds on-demand under the limitations of Duke Nukem 3D's code (you can do it with an ST1 in Shadow Warrior). In other words, rather than a sound that cycles throughout the entire level, it's triggered by a switch or touchplate and continues to cycle. This took me a bit of time to figure out and I took a page from the Informational Suite by Lennox. In the Advanced section, it mentions "staged sounds" and how you can create ambient sounds by placing an SE10 in a slide door sector placed in an area outside of player boundaries. SE10s can also be placed in elevator platforms, and the platform will rise and fall repeatedly and automatically.

Well, I did just that and created an elevator platform (ST17) sector outside the player's boundaries, joined it up with two sectors of differing floor altitude (so the sector would fall and rise), added a MUSICANDSFX sprite to function as the ambient sound, a GPSPEED to control the speed of the elevator and thus the frequency of the ambient sound, and... initially an ACTIVATOR, which I later removed since - regardless of whether the activator is on the elevator - the platform will start moving automatically at the beginning of the level.

My initial struggle was trying to figure out how to stop the elevator from moving until I wanted it to. After a bit of tinkering, I figured out a way. The platform will not move if the two sectors it is joined up both have floors at the same level. So, I lowered one of the sectors to the floor, and placed an SE31 (raise floor) in that same sector, plus the ACTIVATOR and a GPSPEED, so that when triggered the floor would move higher. Then the elevator would start moving, ergo the ambient sound would be triggered when I wanted it to be.

I was very proud to have figured out how to do this. I'm sure other people probably know about it already, but for those who don't, that's basically how it works. Later today, I'll post a tutorial map that shows it in action.

Edit: You can do a lot of freaky things with SE10 sprites and elevators. Note what happens when you tag an elevator with an ACTIVATOR and an SE10, and then tag a SE36 shooter ACTIVATOR with the same LoTag as the ACTIVATOR on the elevator. If the SE10's HiTag is low enough, the shooter will rapid fire. I tried this with RPG shells and it turned the shooter into a deadly Devastator-style turret.

Edit 2: Here it is!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 20 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

^That's cool, and I'm sure it could be useful to mappers who don't know about it. It's still off-topic, though. If people started posting obscure mapping tips, this thread could go for 50 pages without any more resources (I know a few mappers who could do that by themselves).

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

It didn't seem worth making a new topic over it, no other available topics seemed suitable, and the original post made it seem as though tips of this sort were welcome here. With that said, I defend my choice to post in this particular topic.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 20 February 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

It didn't seem worth making a new topic over it, no other available topics seemed suitable, and the original post made it seem as though tips of this sort were welcome here. With that said, I defend my choice to post in this particular topic.

I say, make a new topic, and ask for your post to be moved (and mine here deleted) - As Deeper Thought said, peeps like me know a shit load of tricks, why not have just a topic for this? Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I say it's fine here for now, unless someone would like to make a branch thread with a bevy of other tricks. (Or down the road if this thread starts to fill up with stuff.)

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostTX, on 14 February 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Maybe what we need is per-map .def files that get parsed at map load time...

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 14 February 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

No, I was referring to the hassle of having to include a separate file if you wish to use a few custom textures. There are lots of good custom art sets for Duke but hardly anyone uses them. Compare this to Quake (and its offshoots) or even Doom where custom art assets are used far more frequently.

Actually, there is already a poor man's packaging system, namely zip files. They're pretty much on par with a directory root added to EDuke32's search path, since all kinds of stuff like ART and CON can be loaded from it.

I'm suspecting that their low adoption is because they're a bit clunky to use on Windows; on Linux at least, you can run e.g. "eduke32 ./NBCBP.zip" (in this example it's the zip in the distributed zip) from anywhere on the file system, and have the included CONs and maps loaded for further enjoyment.

I tried to replicate that on Windows, but it's by no means intuitive: when you assign EDuke32 to "open" the zip, it'll start with C:\windows\system32 as the CWD, which is a bit daft. I next tried creating a shortcut and setting its options to start in the directory containing the exe, but that made it start in the directory with the ZIP instead. This is at least some progress, but then you'll either need to copy or link (on FSs supporting that) DUKE3D.GRP into that dir. So, maybe someone with greater Windows experience/routine can find a better way?

I'm telling this because I consider zip to be pretty much the perfect packaging in its own right. Of course, everything can be extended further to allow e.g. exchanging art in between different maps, but for the time being, placing one custom map together with everything else in a flat zip hierarchy is the way to go IMO. Currently, one shouldn't even think about exchanging hightiles or models while Duke is running...

The other reason I'm bringing this up is on topic. I think there should be an "official" extended art package with everything from this thread that fits into the Duke world. For example, one could start at TILES32.ART and tile 16000, and devise some allocation scheme to allow for further expansion (e.g. tiles 16000-17000: city tiles, next space, etc. Of course, various categorizations are possible). Thus, mappers would only need to pull the ART files they consider necessary for a given project without the hassle of creating their own themselves; moreover numbering conflicts could be avoided.

So, is there interest in creating a project like this? I'd be somewhat willing to help maintaining it (if you need more TILESXXXX.art <-- numbers, just ask :lol:), and this would be the closest thing to Mikko's vision of MAP/ART bundles.

edit: I forgot that I bumped the max tilesXXXX.art to XXXX=0255 a while ago, so we could start with 0100.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The easiest way to have the game preload the zip in Windows is with a batch file.

Also, I love the idea of an official unofficial art set.

This post has been edited by Wolfe: 21 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

User is offline   zykov eddy 

View PostHank, on 15 February 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

my in progress tile collection - sample of my better work
http://www.mediafire...ziush1s6vguk...

Is it a download link? It appears broken.

User is offline   Hank 

View Postzykov eddy, on 23 February 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

Is it a download link? It appears broken.

I fixed it. http://www.mediafire...ukdziush1s6vguk
Not sure what happened, but since I am posting ... other stuff on mediafire that may be of use.

Captain Awesome and Hendricks266 .art work (they claim that it is not the best, but it is good work and I've got permission to host this)
http://www.mediafire...trbz1v3c8w5jr1a
samples:
Attached Image: 000-048.gif Attached Image: 000-055.gif Attached Image: 000-100.gif

class A tiles from Alun (originally intended for Thieves, but I've got permission to use for Duke 3D)
http://www.mediafire...s818k1wujzh9b43
samples:
Attached Image: rdbrick.gif Attached Image: rdbrick_win.gif Attached Image: rdbrick_winlt.gif

This post has been edited by Hank: 25 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Man some of that stuff of mine is HORRIFIC! :lol: I plan on cleaning SOME of it up for everyone to use and future projects (though they'll have to be exclusive to that project before I poast'em.)

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostHelixhorned, on 21 February 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

So, maybe someone with greater Windows experience/routine can find a better way?

I use a neat little program that will open a command window through the right click drop down menu. It will load zips anywhere on my HD inside the folder I run Eduke32 from. It may not be for everyone, but I use this a lot and have come to depend on it. I miss DOS :lol:

Windows Freeware : Send to toys

From the site.
"- Send To "Command Prompt" opens a DOS console window, setting the current directory to the selected folder. If the selection was a file, the folder containing the file will be the active directory and the name of the file will be typed for you at the prompt. Hold down the CTRL key to change the active directory to a different folder. Hold down the SHIFT key to force the use of the COMMAND.COM regardless of the Windows version."

This post has been edited by Drek: 24 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHelixhorned, on 21 February 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

So, maybe someone with greater Windows experience/routine can find a better way?

I might as well sort of announce now that I have a specification mostly finalized for what I hope to be a solution to the mod-loading troubles and conflicts we are experiencing. I still need to code it though.

Here's some color variants of Tile 0258, these use the "fullbrights" just like the original tile. Those .PNG files have the Duke3D palette applied to they wouldn't be too hard to load into a .art file.

Attached Image: SP_RED_00.pngAttached Image: SP_GRE_00.png Attached Image: SP_PNK_00.pngAttached Image: SP_YEL_00.png

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

SuperSprites

Good program for cutting up sprite sheets and editing them.

http://www.mediafire...1eq3e4iz6dd58c0

Although, I need to try Spricer and see how that compares.

This post has been edited by Cody: 25 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This is a Torch I put together for a Polymer demo but it was never used. I've included Diffuse, Spec and Normal Maps. There is a .blend and an Obj.

Attached Image: Torch1.jpg

Attached File  Torch.zip (3.22MB)
Number of downloads: 1223

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 26 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

User is offline   Geoffrey 

Great thread idea blitzor :lol: here's some stuff that I found on my pc, from either a couple, or 10+ years ago. if anyone wants anything just credit Geoffrey and we cool.

fat liztroop (for expander-type weapons);
Posted Image

0-9 HUD numbers, originally from a mod by Sebastian but modified and remade for a dead mod of mine. uses an altered duke pal;
Posted Image

pigs in a car;
Posted Image

some stuff i ripped from unused build-engine hellraiser art;
Posted Image

hard gay stuff;
Posted Image
Posted Image

dukebabe in stockings, with a gasmask and hairy armpits man I don't know, here you go;
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bornukem art (I don't think Kuffi minds);
Posted Image

the amctc weapon before I edited it (by the way - I'm pretty sure James is cool with people using amctc stuff as long as credit is given);
Posted Image

dukevr art;
Posted Image

and finally the stuff from zombie crisis. it has some awesome textures and smoke effects - this is just a preview, the full package is here: http://dukerepositor...s/Zombie_Crisis and basically you can use all of it;
Posted Image

ps. maybe if we bug james he'll make the beta version of Survival public since it has some good stuff as well :lol:

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Oh hey, you're still around.

I check the forums every now and then, yeah.

I found the original images of those build-based hellraiser sprites I posted. they're NOT MINE but I can't find them online anymore, so I figured it'd be best to just post them. credit goes to the original authors. they're in jpgs - but that's how I found them unfortunately enough.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options