Duke4.net Forums: Irány: a Gettó (Destination: Ghetto) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Irány: a Gettó (Destination: Ghetto)  "A Total Conversion with love"

User is offline   Fer 

Hello Guys, I hope this is the correct place to post stuff like this.
After long years of work we are done with our Duke Nukem 3d total conversion.

We have been ever changing this stuff since 1999 and later we were working on porting this stuff to EDUKE32 with High Res textures and models.

www.myspace.com/iggame

It's still buggy and a crap resource resource hog, (you need 3d models to be enabled) but if you feel like trying out a total conversion, give it a go.
The language is mostly Hungarian but don't worry about that, there is not much story going on anyways.
And as it uses the original EXE file, every menu is English except the episode and skill selection.

Have fun!

Videos:
http://www.myspace.c...nemies/63381813
The new release trailer:

This post has been edited by Fer: 08 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

More people would download it if you post in-game screenshots.

User is offline   Fer 

View PostMicky C, on 07 December 2011 - 05:07 AM, said:

More people would download it if you post in-game screenshots.

Yes, I'll post some screenshots later today, but everything is on the myspace link really. :) Meanwhile I linked a video.

This post has been edited by Fer: 07 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

User is online   Mark 

It looks interesting. I tried downloading it. After a quick download of part1 the website slowed down or something and I can not get the other parts yet.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostFer, on 07 December 2011 - 05:04 AM, said:

Hello Guys, I hope this is the correct place to post stuff like this.

I think it is! Posted Image

Can't play it right now, but boy this was a lot of work put in. Many thanks.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This looks kinda interesting, but I can't play it. (Models and stuff are just too intensive for me.) Did you guys make all these models yourself?

Also, I think you could reach a larger demographic if you have a version in English (if you don't already.)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

520MB (compressed) for this is rather large, do you include a ton of that type of music that is herd in the video?
Might want to look at ways to decrease the file size as this may also turn people away.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 07 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

User is online   Mark 

It downloaded quickly for me and is running good with Polymer on. This looks kick-ass. Different than anything else I've seen for Eduke. I'mm gonna go play some more. It looks like lots of maps to play.

This post has been edited by Marked: 07 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Maybe you can tell us a bit more about it than the original poster due to his? language difficulty.
Like what it's about and what you are meant to do etc.

User is offline   CruX 

It does indeed look interesting, but the extensive use of models and the six-part download is worrisome. I don't wanna spend all that time downloading all this stuff for a mod that's more than likely going to strangle the life outta my computer.

This post has been edited by EmericaSkater: 07 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

User is online   Mark 

I just randomly loaded a bunch of different maps and played a few minutes in each one. I was amazed at all of the new graphics, enemies,weapons, models, ambient sounds, lots of special effects everywhere. There were a couple of maps with heavy weather effects that slowed down somewhat under Polymer so I shut it off and the game still looks great because I don't think it was made with Polymer in mind. I didn't really get deep into gameplay yet. I was amazed by all the eye candy. This is a must download. No HRP needed. Be sure to check the box to run the IG folder in the start menu.

This post has been edited by Marked: 07 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

• Honored Donor

So is it a TC or stand alone game?

User is online   Mark 

It needs your Duke.grp file and Eduke to run but if it actually uses any of the original graphics I don't know. It looks to be all custom stuff.

Actually it does make use of Polymer. I noticed normal and spec maps on some textures.

This post has been edited by Marked: 07 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

User is offline   Fer 

Hello Guys, thanks for all the nice replies

1 Language. yes I was thinking of rewriting some title screens and text to English. I'll write the short story of the game in English as well to the Myspace site.

Basically Csótány (means Cockroach) is a kind of average thug who tries to go to the local disco but he gets lost and goes trough the whole country to get back to have a party.

2 It can be considered a standalone game, but technically it's a total conversion.

3 Sorry for the size but lots of custom things in And we didn't want to create Low res skins and textures. Transparent PNG-s are very big.

4. This was not designed to be played in POLYMER because of the slowness and other lights emitting from different sprites. (For example the rain sprites emit yellow light)
Some of the textures you see with Normal maps are simply there for testing reasons.

This post has been edited by Fer: 08 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

User is offline   Fer 

View PostMarked, on 07 December 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

It needs your Duke.grp file and Eduke to run but if it actually uses any of the original graphics I don't know. It looks to be all custom stuff.

Actually it does make use of Polymer. I noticed normal and spec maps on some textures.

No it does not need your GRP as everything is cramped into the duke3d.grp file that you download. The only reason we had to name the grp to duke3d.grp because EDUKE automatically recognizes it.

This post has been edited by Fer: 08 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Have you ran your PNGs through PNGout? It can substantially reduce file-size.

User is offline   Fer 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 08 December 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

Have you ran your PNGs through PNGout? It can substantially reduce file-size.

No I've only saved them in the highest compression. I'll try PNGout, thanks for the tip but I hope it doesn't ruin the transparency.

By the way here is the new release trailer. :)

This post has been edited by Fer: 08 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

• Honored Donor

That looks really good! I'll be checking this out some time these holidays. Does your mod use bloom?

If you're going to re-release it with more compressed PNGs, might I also suggest looking into disabling light emitted from the raindrops and other sprites? I'm fairly sure it's possible using con code.

And can you please write and submit a news article for the Duke4.net homepage? Just something like a short description of your mod, who worked on it, where to download it, and that trailer would go in it too. You have to make a separate account there if you haven't already. Or you can write something up, and I'll copy and paste and submit the article for you. :)
http://www.duke4.net/submitnews.php

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

PNGout should not present any issues unless the PNGs are somehow saved improperly.

User is offline   Fer 

View PostMicky C, on 08 December 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

That looks really good! I'll be checking this out some time these holidays. Does your mod use bloom?

If you're going to re-release it with more compressed PNGs, might I also suggest looking into disabling light emitted from the raindrops and other sprites? I'm fairly sure it's possible using con code.

And can you please write and submit a news article for the Duke4.net homepage? Just something like a short description of your mod, who worked on it, where to download it, and that trailer would go in it too. You have to make a separate account there if you haven't already. Or you can write something up, and I'll copy and paste and submit the article for you. :)
http://www.duke4.net/submitnews.php

Hi,

The bloom is rendered by an opengl bloom plugin called CGSHADER. I'm not sure who did this but it was made for Half-Life if i'm correct.
Unfortunately if you change resolution or texture size, the bloom disappears, so you have to restart the game again to let bloom work.
You can press F1 to cycle trough Bloom quality. (10 levels, default is 3, so if you press F1 7 times, you'll have max quality bloom. :) This is important to know because F1 pulls up the help in Duke3d. :@ ) If you want to turn off bloom or you have issues with it, just remove the opengl32.dll from the game folder. Also please note that if you shrink screen or enlarge it to the maximum, bloom won't work for some reason. so you have to have HUD on. (I posted this also to the troubleshooting section of the myspace page)

I'll try to compress those pngs but I cannot believe that it's so hard to pull 600 mbytes of data this day and age. Gamefront servers are quite fast anyway.

Con coding, noooooo. :P I'm really bad at it, and I don't want to dig into it deeper. The guy I was working with done the con coding but I don't think I can convince him to work on it again. I don't even know where to put the con codes to disable lights. duke3d.def?
It would be nice to add some lights to the levels but the 2 main reasons I don't want to make the game to polymer:

1. even though I have a good PC, still polymer mode kicks the hell out of it and I get constant crashes.
2. This would be a shitload of work and I don't plan to work on it much more.
So please don't use Polymer with IG.

I'm planning to add a patch that will change all the ingame text to english. (Although it still might be fun for you guys as well)

About the eduke news. Ok I1ll get to it if I have time.

This post has been edited by Fer: 09 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

That looks really good actually, quality seemed right up there save the animation but you can't win everything and that is a tricky area, but damn we really need to stop the vis changing every time in polymer when you fire a weapon, we have cool lights now when firing and they cant be seen cause its too bright :)

User is offline   Fer 

View PostDanM, on 09 December 2011 - 02:10 AM, said:

"quality seemed right up there save the animation"

What do you mean?

I checked your eternity mod. Fuck, that looks good...

This post has been edited by Fer: 09 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

just a litle jerky on enemy and and some weapon animations, might be a def thing its a bit odd repeating and being smooth sometimes, all a matter of finding the right def flags,

eternity had a ton of work put into it, but i always hated how the maps where made around an evolving tech rather than an established one.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDanM, on 09 December 2011 - 02:10 AM, said:

but damn we really need to stop the vis changing every time in polymer when you fire a weapon, we have cool lights now when firing and they cant be seen cause its too bright :)

That's easily fixable in CON. All you have to do is use orvar WEAPON1_FLAGS 256 (and the same for the other weapons).

User is offline   Hank 

View PostFer, on 08 December 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

By the way here is the new release trailer. :)

... and another round of applause.Posted Image , it's like Christmas a few days early.

This post has been edited by Hank: 09 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

That look really good. Lovely 3d models. But i can't play it :)

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 09 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

I'm having a ball with this one! The death sounds are really funny especially when you kill the blue mech.
I was cracking up at the coughing at the end. Sounded like a kid choked on something in the bathroom!
Some cool weapons to play with as well. I think you guys did a great job on this Ghetto thing though it don't
feel like Duke. It's something like a cross between ROTT and Doom maybe, with a twist. It has a lot of stuff
that will remind you of other games as you play. Can't say really how far into it I am, somewhere after the
train ride, but do want to continue it later. Oh, and the girly posters on the walls, nice!
The TC itself plays very well so far but it's EDuke that at times bails out, or wont shut down properly and
I'm using the latest one.
As Captain Awesome had said about an english version, that I think would be
the icing on the cake.

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 10 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

User is offline   Fer 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 10 December 2011 - 03:02 AM, said:

As Captain Awesome had said about an english version, that I think would be
the icing on the cake.

Thanks a lot. I'll let you all know when the english patch is done.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostFer, on 10 December 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

Thanks a lot. I'll let you all know when the english patch is done.

You're welcome. But hey, nothing wrong with Duke being multilingual.
Weapons like this do all the talking!

Attached Image: duke0002.jpg

• Honored Donor

That weapon takes up a lot of screenspace. I hope it's powerful enough to be worth it. I'll download this the instant the english version is released.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options