Duke4.net Forums: Here's how to enable the sos console after the patch (This is the last time I am bothering if gearbox tries to remove it again) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Here's how to enable the sos console after the patch (This is the last time I am bothering if gearbox tries to remove it again)

User is offline   Martin 

View PostRipemanewone, on 19 August 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

Devience, you will try to fix it if they nerf your latest solution whether you like it or not, your that type.

Yup, that's what I thought. He's all kind of "I'm a man hard at work!" whenever he does/talks about this stuff. Bless his little cotton socks.

If anyone is still interested (as this topic has not been touched for some time) I was able to bring up the "SOS:\>" prompt, but I cannot type anything into it. I am interested in enabling the fly and ghost modes. If anyone has found anything like this, I would appreciate your thoughts.

This post has been edited by gershim1910: 02 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

User is offline   uh . . . . 

You were able to do it on the latest version? How?

View Postuh . . . ., on 02 July 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

You were able to do it on the latest version? How?

If you bind the "editobject class=windowconsole" command to any key you like in your user.ini file (back it up first), you can bring up the "console properties" window (in windowed mode only).
Actually "editobject class=Input" also works really well by allowing you to bind commands while in the game (leaving your user.ini file untouched).

This post has been edited by gershim1910: 03 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

User is offline   necroslut 

Is it possible to bind console commands, such as changing vehicle camera, to keys too?

View Postnecroslut, on 06 July 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

Is it possible to bind console commands, such as changing vehicle camera, to keys too?

Yes. You can bind certain functions to keys (game speed, camera to 1st or 3rd, god mode, and infinite ammo). I still cannot get clipping turned off though. You can actually assign set animation sequences to different pawns (with quite a bit of fiddling though) and swap character meshes as well.

User is offline   Hunter0911 

Hi ^^ sorry to bump but i have a question :lol: i tried last month to enable the sos console according to directions i found here, i couldn't start the game anymore ( gave me the error some windows 8 users get xD ) but thankfuly, i'm used to instal mods on games and when editing inis i back them up, so the game is working since i did that :lol: all i wanted to test with the console was model swapping to Duke's 2007 model, third person and FPS for driving, and now i read that you can bind keys with the ini ... but if i do that, won't the game give me the error i got last time i tried to edit the ini file ?

I've been struggling to try and edit the User.ini file for some time now. Every time I launched the game after I edited User.ini, all my controls were reset. The User.ini was regenerated. I could not figure out what it was.

What I found out that all this time I was editing the file with regular Windows notepad. If I edit and save User.ini with Notepad++, including all my custom keybinds, the game accepts it happily. I figure regular Notepad saves the file in a different character set (Unicode, ANSI and all that) which the game refuses to load.

Sorry for bumping an old topic but I would have been happy to find this information. :P

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I think there is a reason why this thread was so dead. Gearbox didn't want people to mod the game, so everybody gave up on it. As admirable your intentions are after all this time - I think DNF the way Gearbox released it was never meant for the modding world...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options