Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever 1 month anniversary - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever 1 month anniversary  "How do you feel about the game after all this time?"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Why're you making shit up? I detect no whine.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 25 July 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

Why're you making shit up? I detect no whine.

I am not making anything up.
It's just the way how i see it.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

They aren't whiny, they usually have a negative bend.

But why do you care? Normally negativity gets to me after a while but Mad Max is one of the smartest most in the know guys we have on here. I don't care because his posts are insightful and well written. When it comes to bitching about Gearbox, he has reasons in his pocket, not tampons.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

If I change my name to Happy Max RW will it make a difference?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

The Finnish gaming magazine, Pelit, gave the game a respectable 82. It was reviewed by my favorite reviewer Niko Nirvi (I remember emailing him maybe two years after Duke3D was released, asking if he still liked the game).

Some picks:

I giggle at tasteless sex jokes, play with a turd and pinball machine and occasionally I'm delighted to find a foolish, dated pop culture reference.

Duke is a stupid
[I disagree with this] muscle man so the game's humor is very stupid on purpose. The purpose is to create Duke feel, not to make you laugh, but at times the game does both.

I'm happy, at Pelit.fi nine out of ten gamers are happy, so let the angry monkeys throw poop online, we'll throw it happily in Duke.
Duke, what do you wish to say to your critics? Eat what and die?

The reviewer also hates the 2-weapon limit and health regen. I found it odd that he seemed to like the game's dated graphics (identified as such). He also found the puzzles and vehicles refreshing, good for pacing.

Here's a picture of the review (I lowered the resolution so you can't make out the text; not that you'd understand it anyway):

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: dnfpelit.jpg

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 13 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

View PostMad Max RW, on 26 July 2011 - 05:48 AM, said:

If I change my name to Happy Max RW will it make a difference?

Would kind of make a difference for me because the "Mad" in Mad Max has always meant "Crazy" or "insane" from becoming disillusioned with the police force he was in as well as punks killing his family. Although I guess the meaning "mad" as in angry also fits. :)

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options