Duke4.net Forums: P.R. agency responsible for DNF threatens reviewers... - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

P.R. agency responsible for DNF threatens reviewers...

User is offline   Kathy 

Hank, on 20 June 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

Some waited for years for this game? And now they get trolled by morons at IGN and Gamespot? Fuck them.

That's right. "Fuck" and ignore them. But no, some need idiotic articles that "prove" how reviewers were "wrong".

DeeperThought, on 20 June 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

I wonder how much of the negative reviews are due to performance issues on the console ports? I have heard that load times on the consoles are long, and frame rate is lower. I imagine that controls are probably worse, too. At PC Gamer, they gave the PC version an 80. IGN reviewed the Xbox version and gave it 5.5 out of 10 (and they did mention the performance issues). If a game already has flaws, performance issues can have a big impact on how it is perceived. Maybe gearbox should have released the PC version a week earlier than the consoles, so they would have been forced to review that one.

It was 2K's fault. They were sending console(especially 360 one) versions to reviewers.

This post has been edited by Helel: 20 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

User is offline   X-Vector 

Hank, on 20 June 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

Give me one profound quote worth repeating, from those trolls. I offered that now for the third time, no one gives a response.

I've already discussed specifics of the reviews on multiple occasions, though I guess I could make a selection of points that some reviewers mention, but get overlooked by most.

Have to say I'm not too keen to humour someone that just throws the term "troll" around like it's confetti, BTW.
There's more than enough of that over at the Gearbox cesspool.

User is offline   Hank 

X-Vector, on 21 June 2011 - 01:26 AM, said:

I've already discussed specifics of the reviews on multiple occasions, though I guess I could make a selection of points that some reviewers mention, but get overlooked by most.

Then why not compile it? Ever since the game critics appeared on my radar and influenced the stock market, I'm open. And for this discussion, I will behave.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

DeeperThought, on 20 June 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

I wonder how much of the negative reviews are due to performance issues on the console ports? I have heard that load times on the consoles are long, and frame rate is lower. I imagine that controls are probably worse, too. At PC Gamer, they gave the PC version an 80. IGN reviewed the Xbox version and gave it 5.5 out of 10 (and they did mention the performance issues). If a game already has flaws, performance issues can have a big impact on how it is perceived. Maybe gearbox should have released the PC version a week earlier than the consoles, so they would have been forced to review that one.

The PC version has not fared much better. You could argue that consolists have much less trouble swallowing things like the 2-weapon limit, health regen and so on. So it balances out, as indicated by review aggregators.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options