Duke4.net Forums: "it's zero hour" mod - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"it's zero hour" mod  "with eduke32"

User is offline   megaman951 

Hi. I'm trying to make the duke3d Zerohour mod work with eduke32. at first I tried just using the zerohour.bat file included into the archive to start the mod, but it didn't quite work correctly. I also tried making a .grp with all the files, but it didn't work, I got stuck in the 1st level. I think I am missing something

can anyone help ?

mod is here:
http://dukenukem3dtc...od.com/id8.html

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I don't want to download it.

Let's start with the most obvious thing. You edited the .bat so that it opens eduke32.exe instead of duke3d.exe, right?

User is offline   megaman951 

View PostDeeperThought, on 11 June 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

I don't want to download it.

Let's start with the most obvious thing. You edited the .bat so that it opens eduke32.exe instead of duke3d.exe, right?

the .bat file doesn't mention duke3d.exe at all. I think the mod just runs duke3d with a modified game.con file (zerpgame.con)

User is offline   Jim 

Do this part after you extracted all the files into a new duke directory

echo.
echo Backing up original game.con and demo1.dmo
copy /y game.con gamebu.con
copy /y demo1.dmo demo1.dmm
rename demo2.dmo demo2.dmm
echo Done.
echo.
echo Initializing new game.con, demo1.dmo, midi file and artwork...
copy /y zerpgame.con game.con
copy /y zerodemo.dmo demo1.dmo
rename tiles*.ar_ tiles*.art

User is offline   Evilman 

Thanks for the above instruction, i wasn't able to launch this one. :)

Allright, I finished it.

It's also included in the Eduke32 megapack recently released by the way, i wasn't aware about that. It was supposed to be a commercial add-on apparently, but it has been released for free for obscure reasons.

I'd say it's average. There's some really cool ideas, new monsters are fun for most of them, and they're well designed / challenging, only problem is that they're not really "Duke-ish" enough, at least for the basic soldier, which are dinosaurs or something close... After that you gotta deal with some cyborgs and all, nice stuff.

Mapping goes from boring to decent, it's 1997 stuff from a 4-people team if i'm correct, so it's really cool as free stuff, but there's major problems in some parts, like triggers that doesn't work, and some later areas reachable by jumping far enough where you're not supposed to... I had to use dnclip several times because of not working triggers or going to some places i wasn't supposed to find.

Otherwise the custom content is really okay, new music files, new opponents, new weapons... A lots of good ideas, but maybe not enough polished overall.

I'd gave it a 3/5.

Also, the N64 Duke Nukem: Zero Hour has nothing to see with this one, it's completely different.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What eduke32 megapack?

http://forums.duke4....on-compilation/

Addon compilation* :), made by NightFright. He apparently corrected some of the problems in it, but as i said, i wasn't aware this one was included, so i played it with the old, original files.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options