• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 2001 Breakdown  "What was what?"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostEvilEmperorZoRG {GR}, on 24 October 2011 - 03:59 AM, said:

The 1st Brothers in Arms was good though. Same goes for Borderlands. They make great games.
I haven't touched the rest BiA series but i bought the trilogy and i intend play them all.

They've made some great games, but that wasn't the question. The question was whether they release modding tools often. Most of their games were console only or modifications/ports of other peoples games.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View Postnecroslut, on 22 October 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

The videos are probably from back then, and not recorded recently from archived old builds.

No. Clearly these videos are very, VERY recent. Their resolution is 720p which was not a common resolution in 2003, hell there were a lot of people who did not use 720p back 2006.

The '03 footage quality is very, very sharp, it does not compare to its previous '01 quality which is crap by nowadays standards and there was only a 2 years long difference only between each other.

Also, both '03 and '06 versions share the same music, I could say the footage was recorded and edited almost at the same time, to show the diferent versions to whoever completed DNF.

I cannot say anything about the '01 and '98 version, perhaps they are history now, but definately GBX has the previous '03 and '06 builds, and are playable in some degree. Where did this Assault trooper concept come from? It screams 03 version all over the place
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Psyrgery: 27 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostPsyrgery, on 27 October 2011 - 06:15 AM, said:

No. Clearly these videos are very, VERY recent. Their resolution is 720p which was not a common resolution in 2003, hell there were a lot of people who did not use 720p back 2006.

The '03 footage quality is very, very sharp, it does not compare to its previous '01 quality which is crap by nowadays standards and there was only a 2 years long difference only between each other.

Also, both '03 and '06 versions share the same music, I could say the footage was recorded and edited almost at the same time, to show the diferent versions to whoever completed DNF.

I cannot say anything about the '01 and '98 version, perhaps they are history now, but definately GBX has the previous '03 and '06 builds, and are playable in some degree. Where did this Assault trooper concept come from? It screams 03 version all over the place

Though they were not intended for the public, so they could have used any resolution they wanted. And it's very possible that the videos originally lacked music and it was inserted later.

User is offline   Oook 

View PostEvilEmperorZoRG {GR}, on 24 October 2011 - 03:59 AM, said:

The 1st Brothers in Arms was good though. Same goes for Borderlands. They make great games.
I haven't touched the rest BiA series but i bought the trilogy and i intend play them all.

BiA Earned in Blood is even more intense than Road to Hill 30, if you like the first, you will love it. Hell's Highway lies too much on cinematics and the gameplay is a bit boring, you just have to go wall after wall shooting and autohealing.
About DNF and the mods... go hell GBX, I think the game have much potential and we could have brilliant maps based in the old trailers, we could play DNF as it was devised

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Nonsense, I'd be really surprised if those videos were older than 2 or 3 years. Joe has hinted about having archived copies of all versions of DNF back to the sidescroller edition.

View PostPsyrgery, on 27 October 2011 - 06:15 AM, said:

Posted Image

For some reason, when i look at that aliens face, this is what i think of.

Posted Image

Though the body looks great!

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 28 October 2011 - 03:50 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 27 October 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

Nonsense, I'd be really surprised if those videos were older than 2 or 3 years. Joe has hinted about having archived copies of all versions of DNF back to the sidescroller edition.

MUST...HOLD...JOE...SIEGLER...HOSTAGE...IN...BASEMENT...

GAHHHH! That has now ruined my day. I have the most insatiable beta fetish out of anyone here.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options