• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The dream car thread.  "Gearheads get in here!"

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

In this thread, you will post the following:

-Your dream car.
-Your dream car that you can actually attain at some point.
-Your current ride.

Explain why you love or hate each car. Let's make this more than a pic thread.

I'll start:

My dream car:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The infamous, phenomenal, 1987 Buick GNX. A McLaren tuned Buick making 300hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque. Quite possibly, the sexiest, most sinister, most incredible looking vehicle, ever. One of the fastest accelerating cars in the world in it's day, it's still very fast by todays standards. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.5.

This car is the only car ever made that ticks every single box. Everything I love about cars, this car has. It's gorgeous. It's American. It's fast. It's quirky, rare, exclusive, 80's, I could go on and on about why I love this car but I'll stop here.

Only 547 were made, two of which GM owns. Good runners start at $40,000. Super clean cars with less than 30,000 miles go for about 80 grand. Less than 5,000 miles on the clock? North of one hundred thousand dollars.

My dream attainable car:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2001 Lotus Esprit. The final year for the square tail lights. Twin turbo v8 making 350hp in a car the weight of an Elantra. The greatest looking supercar ever - The best of 80's and 90's styling makes for a truly sexy looking car.

The engine is seriously detuned by the ECU to prevent the stock gearbox from shattering. They are very fast stock, but if you install an aftermarket racing gearbox, bigger intercooler, reprogram the ECU, and slap on a slightly bigger turbo, you'll start approaching Ferrari 458's in some aspects.

Readily available, yet uncommon, beautiful, fast stock and terrifying when modified, yet always competent, it's one of the most underrated cars ever.

My current car:

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT with 80,000 miles on it. Upgraded struts and brakes. Actually a great little car. Fanstastic suspension, perky, smooth, and extremely refined engine, nicely weighted steering with good feedback, great interior with leather, moonroof, and blue guages. Feels very fast, but obviously isn't. 30mph feels like 60, 60 like 80, you get the idea. Handles like a dream and is much more of a driver's car than one would expect. Love the little fucker, she's fun as hell, but I would love a car with big balls.

This post has been edited by Descent: 26 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

My Dream Car:

Ferrari F40

Posted Image

The most beautiful car in the world. I love this car because of its bare-bone design. No AC, no radio, no ABS, no nothing. Just pure pedal to the medal. Not something you will find too often with today's supercars. Not to mention, IT IS FAST, and still one of the fastest cars ever. It is my dream to one day drive one of these, and feel my skin sink 6 inches deep into the seat cushion while I slam the accelerator to 60 in 3.8 seconds. What a feeling! Imagine the g-force as you turn super sharp while trying as hard as you can to keep yourself from floating right out of the seat. It's something I dream of often. I believe it will feel better than a McLaren, Diablo, or any other ride out of the greatest generation of supercars (late 80's/early 90's imo).

But alas, considering the availability of an out-of-production car like this, I will most likely never even sit inside an F40 in my lifetime.

My Attainable Dream Car:

Chevy Corvette ZR1

Posted Image

The beautiful and elegant ZR1. The ZR1 has a reputation of being one of the most affordable cars capable of 200+ mph. It also has a nice interior, something that an F40 doesn't have, at all. While a ZR1 is faster all around than an F40 (211 vs 199 top speed, 3.3 vs. 3.8 sec 0-60mph), there is more to a car than just speed, like the way it responds to your actions and shows its personality, something I believe a ZR1 doesn't have as much of.

My Current Car?

I don't have one. But I will be getting my license soon and most likely get the Mercury Mariner that belongs to my parents or a new Ford Focus or similar type compact car.

[Elises] are very fast stock, but if you install an aftermarket racing gearbox, bigger intercooler, reprogram the ECU, and slap on a slightly bigger turbo, you'll start approaching Ferrari 458's in some aspects.

I had no idea Elise's are so limited by the onboard computer as much as you claim. Granted the relatively simple steps it takes to compete with modern supercars, that makes me have even more respect than I already have for the Elise.

This post has been edited by Radar1013: 27 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

User is offline   Hank 

one, two , three
http://indexofwallpa...allpaper-4.html
it for Canada, best and only way to get around. Posted Image

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostRadar1013, on 27 May 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

I had no idea Elise's are so limited by the onboard computer as much as you claim. Granted the relatively simple steps it takes to compete with modern supercars, that makes me have even more respect than I already have for the Elise.

Not the Elise, the Esprit. The consumer Esprit V8 is the same car they used for racing, but with a shitty Renault gearbox and different ECU programming.

But yes, you can easily break an Esprit just by reprogramming the ECU. The gearbox will shatter like glass. Actually, 5th gear fails after a while anyway. It has always been the Achilles heel of that car.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

... Yeah, Esprit is what I meant. Don't know how Elise got there. :angry:

I sure hope more people post in here! I've always been waiting for a nice car thread, but alas, it seems to have died before it even got off the ground.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I've got two favorite cars:

1964 Chevrolet Impala
Posted Image

(Any Year) DeLorean DMC-12
Posted Image

I believe I could obtain either of these, granted the Impala would be much cheaper.

My current vehicle is a 1995 Chevy Blazer LT.

Posted Image

It's a piece of fucking shit and it hasn't run for months. Goddamnit. The engine won't even turn over.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 01 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

This is my car, its a Jap import Toyota Glanza, its all I can afford atm but its quick and I have a kick ass sound system in the boot, just resprayed the alloys the other day, they used to be gold. Not the fastest car, but it will leave most cars at the lights, I fcukin love it, real fun to drive.
I would love any Dodge muscle car but in my country (Ireland they are very rare and too expencive to mantain and run). Id love Mad Max's car.

This is mine.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 02 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I don't care much about cars but I can appreciate the good looking ones, which to me pretty much means something that looks modern and is preferably silver.

This is pretty close to my ideal:

Posted Image

My current ride, Chrysler Neon 2.0:

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Lets see... I have owned one of the quickest cars that you can get for under 10 grand. (Beats Dodge Vipers, Ferraris, Porsches etc with a little tuning and engine mods as mine did)

Nissan Pulsar GTiR (AKA Baby Godzilla)

My Current car is a 1998 Honda Prelude SiR 200 HP (I had to get rid of the Pulsar for a number of reasons)

But the car I would like if I had the coin to buy a perfectly straight one with no rust and to do it up plus that they are getting very rear is a AE86 Sprinter Trueno.
Anyone who knows much about drift racing would know why this car is a sort after car. (The name of the following image gives it away)

Posted Image

EDIT: Wtf, this thread as been bumped from like a year ago... Shit.

This post has been edited by Cody: 07 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I've wanted one of these all my life. I drive a 2008 Ford sedan.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostCody, on 07 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

EDIT: Wtf, this thread as been bumped from like a year ago... Shit.

So what. I am walking right now, because my old one is definitely not worth to get it fixed. So I have to save my pennies for

Oh dear, oh dear, I can never decide on this... Probably a 1969 Dodge Charger;
Posted Image
It's big, it's loud, it has a V8 engine, it's American and it drinks loads of petrol! 'nuff said.

Failing that, it'd have to be one of the following; 1970 Plymouth 'cuda, Dodge RAM SRT-10 - you're probably noticing a pattern?

Unfortunately, I am poor, so I'll probably not end up with a car, but if I did, it would be something like this;
Posted Image
Fiat 126, bloody brilliant anyway, but not quite the same as a charger :)

And this is what I own;
Right here, they're Diesel! :wub:

Due to being poor and living in a sexist country where women get much cheaper insurance, I'm not going to even try and get a car, I'm going down the two-wheel route, which is fine by me, are we OK to post bikes in here?

Right, well, here's my dream bike;
Posted Image
BSA M20 - preferably an earlier version like that one. They aren't particularly big, nor are they fast, but they last forever if looked after and it looks and sounds like a proper motorbike should. Made in England too.

Unfortunately, I'm a long way off, I do not even have an engine yet;
Posted Image
But that will soon change once I've built my new computer and my shed, that's when I'll be saving up and getting a crappy scooter, then I'll slowly work my way up until I get what I want.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 07 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostCody, on 07 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Lets see... I have owned one of the quickest cars that you can get for under 10 grand. (Beats Dodge Vipers, Ferraris, Porsches etc with a little tuning and engine mods as mine did)

I love jap imports, Pulsar is a cool car but in my country they get stolen too often same with Glanza's, I've had 3 robbery attempts on my car but for some lucky reason they could never finish the job but as a result they did lots of damage each time but I still have her.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I still don't have a car. Or a job. I'm still on the same level I was on when I was fifteen, actually.

User is offline   Mia Max 

I like this car:

Posted Image

And I like its powerfull and efficient electric motor.
This car accelerates from naught to sixty in 3,7 seconds with only one gear.
I think not many cars with combustion motor exist that can do that.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMia Max, on 09 April 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

I like this car:

Posted Image

And I like its powerfull and efficient electric motor.
This car accelerates from naught to sixty in 3,7 seconds with only one gear.
I think not many cars with combustion motor exist that can do that.

That's impressive. How far can it go on one trip?

User is offline   Mia Max 

350 km (~220 miles)

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Time to get my feet wet. Here's my dream car:

Posted Image

Porsche 930. I LOVE this car. I've liked ever since it was in Death Rally and GTA Vice City. It might not be the fastest of the sports cars, but it's sleek and just looks like it could clear pavement in no time flat. Too bad it's been discontinued. It's probably really expensive used just based on its rarity. The 991 just doesn't look anywhere near as powerful.

Here's the dream car that I'll eventually get:
Posted Image
I love Crown Vics. When I become a lawyer, maybe a state attorney, I'm going to drive to work in a car looking exactly like this. There's nothing in particular that stands out more than its ability to exude elegance and authority.

I don't have a car yet, but this will probably be the first car that I get, simply based on its MPG and affordability:
Posted Image
I like driving a stick too.
And I have no shame in driving one of these. Sure, I could put down monthly payments for a car that I can't afford, but it would just be wiser and smarter to pay for a cheapo motor in cash. Pays off in the long run.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Since it's so nice outside I took some pictures of my actual car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1969 Camaro. I bought it eleven years ago and is in great condition. All I had to do was a little bit of rewiring and general maintenance. It runs as well as it did the day it rolled off the line. Also the car has never been wet. I use a dry cloth, vacuum, a ton of wax, chrome polish, and glass cleaner. The only thing new is the paint. Dark grey metal flake, not a flat color.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 21 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

Beautiful car.

Posted Image
R.I.P. 1998 SiR Honda Prelude
3-7-2012

I take possession of my new 2002 Toyota RS200 Altezza today, I will upload pictures when I have it.

This post has been edited by Cody: 02 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Attached Image: ro97mgf1.jpg
I'm dreaming of an MG-F without serious design or manufacturing flaws.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 02 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Born 2002 Toyota RS200 Altezza
3-7-2012

Posted Image

Posted Image
Now I just have to move my 2 12" Fusion Subs and stereo into it then it will be set for a cruse.

This post has been edited by Cody: 02 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Sorry for the bump, but am I the only one who reads the dreamcast thread every time I see this comes up?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMicky C, on 16 July 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

Sorry for the bump, but am I the only one who reads the dreamcast thread every time I see this comes up?
Most likely.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Well I don't drive but If I would drive and would want a car. Would be a DeLorean DMC-12.

I'd own a DeLorean because is made of stainless steel. Never rusts. Lasts long etc,
In an auction they even sell the customized DeLorean from the movie back to the future, has all the functioning light, and parts etc.
Only thing it can't do is travelling in time or levitating.

Source http://www.timemachineforsale.com

On the site there is a vid like 40-50 mins long explaining about it.
The neons on the side uses a 12K volts generator with like 2K watts. It has powerful battery for all these lights, gadgets etc.
These neons according to this guy can last for very long, Normally Neons lasts for 8-15 years, Some been known to last for 40-80 years.

More pics at http://www.timemachi...com/photos.html

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

bump

User is offline   Mark 

a 5 year bump...is that a new record set?

User is offline   Hank 

^ sadly, it's been a long time since I looked for cool stuff

So this thread still exists. Having had a few years to think about it, I've decided I like the 'Cuda better, preferably in green.
Posted Image Posted Image

Err... looks quite good in pink though;
Posted Image

As yet still no car because I can't afford it, so all I have is one of these;
Posted Image
And it's broken with little chance of repair thanks to parts that the contractors stole.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options