• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher - Frontend

User is offline   supergoofy 

VACATION folder MD5 checksums :
Spoiler

[edit]

Here are the md5 checksums for the DOSBox Launchers by Skulldog after full installation of all supported games and addons
(This is what my folders have after full installation of everything):

Blood DosBox Launcher full install checksums.7z (40.72KB)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mada1e

Duke Nukem 3D DosBox Launcher full install checksums.7z (102.06KB)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/37691d

Redneck DosBox Launcher full install checksums.7z (12.73KB)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2slria

Shadow Warrior DOSBox Launcher full install checksums.7z (19.90KB)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/22t251

Note: All launchers were updated to current versions.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 29 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

User is offline   Skulldog 

View Postdarkprince227, on 29 August 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

This is what my VACATION folder contains----
BMOUSE.EXE
COMMIT.EXE
DUKE3D.EXE
NOLFB.ASM
DUKE3D.CFG
CDROM.INI
VACATION.ini
COMMIT.DAT
DUKE3D.GRP
VACATION.GRP
NOLFB.COM
DUKE.RTS
BMOUSE.TXT

Am I missing something?

No VACATION.CON. I could add support for the uk cd-rom if I had a iso image of it, or you could list the folder's and file list on the
Caribbean cd-rom.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 30 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

(D:)D3DADDONS

CARIBBEA (file)
DUKEDC (file)
readme.txt

CARIBBEA-----
VACATION (file)--
DVINTRO.TXT
GAMER.EXE
GAMER.INI
README.TXT
VACA13.SSI
VACA15.SSI
VACAPP.SSI
DVINTRO.TXT
INSTALL.EXE
README.TXT

DUKEDC-----
DCINTRO.TXT
DUKEDC13.SSI
DUKEDCPP.SSI
GAMER.EXE
GAMER.INI
README.TXT
DUKEDC (file)-----
DCINTRO.TXT
INSTALL.EXE
README.TXT

This is the contents list of the CD I mentioned, I hope this is clear enough. I'm not sure whether posting or making ISOs is legal, so hopefullly this will do.

By the way, I cannot seem to find VACATION.CON anywhere!

Tell me if there's a problem or you don't understand something.

Sorry, that came out wrong. I've never posted file listings before. I've made what should be a clearer list on this notepad file. I hope this will be a bit more clearer.

Sorry, forgot to attach the file.

Attached File(s)

View Postdarkprince227, on 30 August 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

Sorry, forgot to attach the file.

I should be able to make a iso disk from my duke Caribbean cd. I just have to rename the directories to match. Dukedc works from your cd ,correct? I'll add this on next release.

View PostSkulldog, on 30 August 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

I should be able to make a iso disk from my duke Caribbean cd. I just have to rename the directories to match. Dukedc works from your cd ,correct? I'll add this on next release.

Yes, DukeDC works from my CD

I've read your post and decided to try making an ISO from my disk, renaming the files. It seems to install just fine, but like before, it just cuts out as soon as it gets to the loading
screen on DosBox. The problem seems to be no VACATION.CON file, I have no idea where it is.

Never mind everything I said, folks!

I renamed GAMES.CON to VACATION.CON and it works!

It's time to limbo, baby!

Thanks for your help anyway, skulldog!

Working on v2.2 Duke Nukem 3d dosbox launcher.

So far
Added support for UK Caribbean Life's a Beach and Duke it out in D.C. Combo CD. Just had to add CARIBBEA\VACATION directory support.

User is offline   supergoofy 

I think there is also a version of Nuclear Winter CD with windows installer that is not supported by your launcher.

@Skulldog, you've got p.m.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 07 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

New Version v2.2
http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

Changelog
V2.2 9-8-2013
Added support for UK Caribbean Life's a Beach and Duke it out in D.C. Combo CD. Just had to add CARIBBEA\VACATION directory support.

Also added MEGA Cloud download links.

Thanks for your help, lads

This should make things easier

Heads up Skulldog. The Duke 3D GOG.com installer got upgraded a notch from 2.0.0.84 to 2.0.0.85

I will check it out. Thanks.

edit: No problems.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 12 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

What's up w/ this unknown box in the middle of the Options Settings like this one in the pic? What's it used for? Looks useless to me. If it is, can you remove it?

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 19 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

That is a old text box I forgot to delete.

View PostSkulldog, on 20 January 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

That is a old text box I forgot to delete.

Removed in the next update?

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Its going to stay there to annoy you now. :D

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 20 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher v2.3 is Live.

v2.3 1-21-2014
Removed unused textbox from Options Menu.
Updated Build with VS Express 2013 for Desktop

Thanks for the update. The other launchers will include the VS Express 2013 in their next updates? (SW, Blood, Redneck, and Witchhaven)

Only if I update them with any fixes. Witchhaven already uses VS Express 2013.

Hi Skulldog, i have recently tried your launcher v2.3 version and works great! but i have a small request: can you include more custom maps and TCs? i wouldn't mind seeing more, considering that you added a lot of them but not enough user maps. However i have also found something that you didn't add: you added NYR (New York Rebellion) but you didn't add FM2X, which includes both NYR and Orbital Obvlivion, so NYR is already included in FM2X. Can you replace NYR with FM2X? Link here: http://dukerepositor...rbital_Oblivion

Thanks for making this and hope you include this episode in TC menu

View PostDuke Nukem IV Guy, on 26 January 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

Hi Skulldog, i have recently tried your launcher v2.3 version and works great! but i have a small request: can you include more custom maps and TCs? i wouldn't mind seeing more, considering that you added a lot of them but not enough user maps. However i have also found something that you didn't add: you added NYR (New York Rebellion) but you didn't add FM2X, which includes both NYR and Orbital Obvlivion, so NYR is already included in FM2X. Can you replace NYR with FM2X? Link here: http://dukerepositor...rbital_Oblivion

Thanks for making this and hope you include this episode in TC menu

You can add map files yourself. Just put the SP maps in the folder called MAPS, and DM maps in DMMAPS. Then they will show up in menu. FM2X does not work, I think it was made for eduke32.

I know that i can add map files myself, I already did that with many custom maps like ROCH series and for me FM2X doesn't work at first but i make it to work by renaming FM2XGAME.CON to FM2X.CON and then it will work. And it was made for DOSBOX too but problem is that the only reason why doesn't work is because whole episode 3 is replaced with maps that don't exist and when playing in ATOMIC EDITION, it crashes, unless you edit CON file and put episode 3 maps back to normal but it works perfectly in 1.3D. :D And I have noticed that when playing custom episodes in Launcher, there is no demo playing in background, so FM2X works fine here just rename FM2XGAME.CON to FM2X.CON but plz include it in next update. :( And I know why doesn't work, is because Atomic plays E3L11 demo and that map is replaced with a map that doesn't exist in FM2X.

View PostDuke Nukem IV Guy, on 27 January 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

I know that i can add map files myself, I already did that with many custom maps like ROCH series and for me FM2X doesn't work at first but i make it to work by renaming FM2XGAME.CON to FM2X.CON and then it will work. And it was made for DOSBOX too but problem is that the only reason why doesn't work is because whole episode 3 is replaced with maps that don't exist and when playing in ATOMIC EDITION, it crashes, unless you edit CON file and put episode 3 maps back to normal but it works perfectly in 1.3D. :D And I have noticed that when playing custom episodes in Launcher, there is no demo playing in background, so FM2X works fine here just rename FM2XGAME.CON to FM2X.CON but plz include it in next update. :( And I know why doesn't work, is because Atomic plays E3L11 demo and that map is replaced with a map that doesn't exist in FM2X.

Ok, I can edit out the 3rd episode with the missing maps so I can add it.

Edit:
BTW, any other tc's you would like me to add.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 27 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Yes, i was thinking about another classic episode, which is Operation Blitzkrieg!
http://forums.duke4....-5-map-episode/
It's a vanilla episode and it should work in DOSBOX but my only problem is when i played it (1-2 years ago), replaces episode 2 but at end of the episode, you fight Alien Queen and in my opinion should replace episode 4 to give it the alien queen cutscene, even though the fight isn't underwater this time. Just so you know, so you can edit this episode con file as well. :(
Another one I want added is Metropolitan Mayhem but problem is that isn't vanilla compatible because has 15 maps and vanilla supports only 11, plus it is defined as episode 5. What do you think about this one?? :D

Operation Blitzkrieg Added. Metropolitan Mayhem made for eduke32 can't add.

Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher v2.4 is Live.

V2.4 1-30-2014
Added FM2X: Orbital Oblivion
Updated New York Rebellion, It had Orbital Oblivion episode that did not work. Same
TC as FM2X: Orbital Oblivion. Just to keep it in the menu.
Added ORBITAL 2
Added Operation Blitzkrieg
Added GOD OF WAR
Added Far Beyond Duked
Added The Legacy
Fix Platoon not showing up in TC addon Menu
Fix The Haunting not showing up in TC addon Menu

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is updated to v 1.2.3. Can the launcher be updated for this?

No need too. That is just the steam port of duke nukem megaton. The launcher only uses the classic dosbox version, and it is not affected by the version 1.2.3 changes.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options