Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher - Frontend - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher - Frontend

User is offline   Skulldog 

#1

New Website for downloading Duke Nukem 3d DosBox Launcher!

http://buildgamedosb....com/index.html

Duke3D Dosbox Launcher.

V2.9 5-24-2015
Added NAM Steam install.
Added 3D Realms Anthology Duke Nukem 1, Duke Nukem 2, and Duke Nukem 3D.
Added Steam 3D Realms Anthology Duke Nukem 1, Duke Nukem 2, and Duke Nukem 3D. As well as Steam Duke Nukem Kill-A-Ton 2015 Collection.
Added Duke!Zone 2, Duke Nuclear Winter, Duke it out in D.C., Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach and made to install from Steam
first. Then, if Steam version not available it will ask for CD-ROM version.
Added GOG Galaxy Duke Nukem 1, Duke Nukem 2, and Duke Nukem 3D install locations.
Added LAMEDUKE, and Duke Nukem Beta 0.99.

V2.4 1-30-2014
Added FM2X: Orbital Oblivion
Updated New York Rebellion, It had Orbital Oblivion episode that did not work. Same
TC as FM2X: Orbital Oblivion. Just to keep it in the menu.
Added ORBITAL 2
Added Operation Blitzkrieg
Added GOD OF WAR
Added Far Beyond Duked
Added The Legacy
Fix Platoon not showing up in TC addon Menu
Fix The Haunting not showing up in TC addon Menu

V2.3 1-21-2014
Removed unused textbox from Options Menu.
Updated Build with VS Express 2013 for Desktop


V2.2 9-8-2013

Added support for UK Caribbean Life's a Beach and Duke it out in D.C. Combo CD. Just had to add CARIBBEA\VACATION directory support.

V2.1 6-4-2013

Added install selection for Steam Duke Nukem Megaton Edition instead of auto install.
Added install selection for GOG Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Download version.
Added install selection for GOG Duke Nukem 1 + 2 Download version.
Added install selection for 3D Realms Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Download version.
Renamed Video sound menu to Option Settings for new options stuff.
Added Brightness control in Options.
Added Mouse Sensitivity control in Options.
Added Mouse X-axis control in Options.
Added Mouse Y-axis control in Options.
Added Mouse Sensitivity for Dosbox control in Options.
Added Dosbox memsize control in Options.
Added Custom Addons in TC addons menu.
Fixed a few bugs.

Make sure you install Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher in a separate folder. It no longer gets install inside the GOG, 3D Realms
version install folder. Do a clean install with this one.

http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

DOSBox 0.74 Ready

Supports Installing Duke3d V1.3 CD-ROM and will upgrade you to V1.5 Atomic if you have Plutonium Pak CD-ROM and many more new features.

Install support for the Original CD version of Duke Nukem 3d Atomic CD, Duke Nukem 3d V1.3 CD, Duke it out in D.C. CD, Duke: Nuclear Winter CD, Duke: Caribbean Life is a Beach CD, Duke!Zone 2 CD, and Limited Duke Extreme CD. This was needed because the CD install programs no longer work under XP 64 bit, Vista 64 bit.

Supports 3DRealms Download Version. Duke Nukem 3d Atomic Edition.
http://www.3drealms....ke3d/index.html

Supports Good Old Games Download Version. Duke Nukem 3d Atomic Edition.
http://www.gog.com/e..._atomic_edition

Supports Steam's Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition.
http://store.steampo...eck/app/225140/

Includes some TC's, and Maps.

BMOUSE Mouse aim supported by SwissCM.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 24 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

1

User is offline   Hank 

#2

View PostSkulldog, on 15 May 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

Duke3D Dosbox Launcher.

V1.0 5-13-2011

DOSBox 0.74 Ready

Install support for the Original CD version of Duke Nukem 3d Atomic CD, Duke Nukem 3d V1.3 CD, Duke it out in D.C. CD, Duke: Nuclear Winter CD, Duke: Caribbean Life is a Beach CD, Duke!Zone 2 CD, and Limited Duke Extreme CD. This was needed because the CD install programs no longer work under XP 64 bit, Vista 64 bit.

Supports 3DRealms Download Version. Duke Nukem 3d Atomic Edition.
http://www.3drealms....ke3d/index.html

Supports Good Old Games Download Version. Duke Nukem 3d Atomic Edition.
http://www.gog.com/e..._atomic_edition

Includes some TC's, and Maps.

BMOUSE Mouse aim supported by SwissCM.

Thanks. MegaUpload, it's banned on my server, sorry. Once I'm rich and famous again, I'll do a mirror site, right now no time, let alone cash. http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

#3

MegaFAILload.com, people should use mediafire.com if they are going to use free hosting, no wait times and it's tons faster.
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#4

View PostThe Commander, on 15 May 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

MegaFAILload.com, people should use mediafire.com if they are going to use free hosting, no wait times and it's tons faster.



Yea, Mediafire is way better. But a free account only allows 200mb uploads.
0

User is offline   Hank 

#5

View PostSkulldog, on 15 May 2011 - 06:18 PM, said:

Yea, Mediafire is way better. But a free account only allows 200mb uploads.

I'm downloading it now with my trusted FireFox on Ubuntu, don't get any funny stuff that way. I'm addicted to new stuff.

2 minutes to download = very good.

I'd recommend to split the actual Launcher from the extra TCs and maps. I've got WGRealms, actually I have most files already. http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#6

View PostHank, on 15 May 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

I'm downloading it now with my trusted FireFox on Ubuntu, don't get any funny stuff that way. I'm addicted to new stuff.

2 minutes to download = very good.

I'd recommend to split the actual Launcher from the extra TCs and maps. I've got WGRealms, actually I have most files already. http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif



2 Minutes to download? No way. I remeber the first time I downloded a duke Map. It was on a Packard Hell PC Dialup 9600 Baud Modem . it took 15 - 30 minutes just for a map file.

Should I just remove the 3rd party add-on's all together?

Did you install all the official Add-ons?

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 16 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

0

#7

Hey Skulldog. I think it's time to update your Duke3d Launcher. I've encountered a couple of bugs. The first one is the Borg Nukem that plays very laggy. Maybe it's the CPU cycles or something. And the other one is when I play Nuclear Winter. The bar room from the Deja Vu level has that hall of mirrors thing on the wall. Also the link to download the launcher no longer works, thanks to the megaupload legal trouble. Can you update it and upload it to mediafire? Thx!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 14 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#8

OK, I will make some update fixes as soon as I can. I will also make a new download link on mediafire.
0

#9

I found another problem; the Penthouse Paradise TC crashes on start-up.
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#10

View PostDustFalcon85, on 21 June 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I found another problem; the Penthouse Paradise TC crashes on start-up.



OK, I will check it out. By the way neclear winter only has the mirror affect when using santa duke uncheck the box.
0

#11

View PostSkulldog, on 21 June 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

OK, I will check it out. By the way neclear winter only has the mirror affect when using santa duke uncheck the box.


That fixed it! BTW whats the Santa Duke used for?
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#12

View PostDustFalcon85, on 22 June 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

That fixed it! BTW whats the Santa Duke used for?


it's for santa duke bots.
0

#13

Will the Duke launcher accepts Duke: The Apocalypse? It's got Duke! Zone & Duke Extreme on 1 disc.
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#14

View PostDustFalcon85, on 25 June 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Will the Duke launcher accepts Duke: The Apocalypse? It's got Duke! Zone & Duke Extreme on 1 disc.


I'll see what I can do. Duke!Zone is just a map launcher, Duke Extreme was a windows 95 launcher and just changes a few things. Replaces the mighty foot
with a knife and some new monster.
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #15

The "Santa Duke" TILES005.ART included with NW was funky because it replaced Duke with Santa but all the NW-specific changes to that art file remained untouched, i.e. the vanilla original. It is really only usable with the SantaMatch map. NW+ Santa mode works completely differently.
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#16

View PostHendricks266, on 26 June 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

The "Santa Duke" TILES005.ART included with NW was funky because it replaced Duke with Santa but all the NW-specific changes to that art file remained untouched, i.e. the vanilla original. It is really only usable with the SantaMatch map. NW+ Santa mode works completely differently.


Yea, I will remove santa duke from the singleplayer menu of the launcher, since it was really made for duke matches.


New Website for downloading Duke Nukem 3d DosBox Launcher!

http://buildgamedosb....com/index.html

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

0

#17

Question. Should I include the Total Entertainment Network (TEN) files while installing Duke 3d?
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #18

TEN has been dead for more than TEN years.
0

#19

View PostHendricks266, on 02 July 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

TEN has been dead for more than TEN years.


Might as well leave that out then!
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#20

View PostHendricks266, on 02 July 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

TEN has been dead for more than TEN years.


The Modem Dialup Days.
0

#21

Any word on when the new Duke Launcher update being available and will it include the first Duke! Zone 1 w/ the 500 levels?
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#22

View PostDustFalcon85, on 05 August 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Any word on when the new Duke Launcher update being available and will it include the first Duke! Zone 1 w/ the 500 levels?


Some time this week. Yes it will have the option to install from Duke!Zone 1 CD Support.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 05 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#23

V1.4 8-14-2012

Fixed ability to install Duke Nukem 3D V1.3 and Duke Nukem 1 & 2 after installing Atomic
Edition on Startup.


V1.3 8-8-2012

Added CD-ROM install support Duke Nukem V1.3 with 2 stage option to upgrade to Atomic edition,
with the Plutonium Pack Cd-rom. All you need is the Duke Nukem 3d v1.3 CD and Plutonium Pack CD.
Added Support for Duke Assault, Duke!Zone, NAM, And WW2GI CD-ROM Install.
Duke Assault, And Duke!Zone will be available in Singleplayer with Original Dos Launchers. And will also be available under Map launch Menu When selecting a map folder.
Removed Santa duke mode from singleplayer and Multiplayer, Except from
SANTAMATCH Map. SANTAMATCH MAP Will always use Santa Duke.
Added Wally Waffles Edition install to Duke It Out in D.C.
menu. Wally Waffles Edition Group file will get created when you install Duke it Out in D.C.
Fixed Install problems for Windows XP when installing Duke Extreme, Duke: Nuclear Winter, Duke it out in D.c., and Duke Caribbean Life is a Beach. Made better install for all.
Fixed Multiplayer Join Menu Selection boxes showing items more then once.
Fixed Duke Caribbean Life is a Beach Demo at start of game.
Fixed Nuclear Winter Demo at start of game.
Fixed Editart in toolbox. It will now make a folder called Editart, and will copy and extract
all files needed to use Editart.
New install routine for all games to eliminate the guess work.



New Website for downloading Duke Nukem 3d DosBox Launcher!

http://buildgamedosb....com/index.html

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

0

#24

You forgot to put in the install option for Duke Nukem 1 & 2 from the Duke Nukem 3d v 1.3d. One other thing. Great job on that revamped install routine when you put Duke 3d CD and you don't have to choose the options in DOS mode. Will you apply this new install routine w/ other launchers?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 11 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#25

View PostDustFalcon85, on 11 August 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

You forgot to put in the install option for Duke Nukem 1 & 2 from the Duke Nukem 3d v 1.3d. One other thing. Great job on that revamped install routine when you put Duke 3d CD and you don't have to choose the options in DOS mode. Will you apply this new install routine w/ other launchers?



Duke Nukem 1 & 2 both get installed with Duke Nukem 3d v 1.3d. And yes, I plan to do it for the other launchers too.
0

#26

View PostSkulldog, on 11 August 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Duke Nukem 1 & 2 both get installed with Duke Nukem 3d v 1.3d. And yes, I plan to do it for the other launchers too.


I can't install Duke Nukem 1 & 2 after I installed the Atomic Edition. So there's no way of installing the first two Duke Nukems. Looks like I have to install v 1.3d first.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 11 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#27

View PostDustFalcon85, on 11 August 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

I can't install Duke Nukem 1 & 2 after I installed the Atomic Edition. So there's no way of installing the first two Duke Nukems. Looks like I have to install v 1.3d first.


I'll check it out.

edit:

When you install Atomic on startup. You have to install Duke Nukem 3d V1.3 by selecting it at the main menu. Cause the Atomic Edition CD does not have Duke Nukem 1 & 2 included.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 12 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

0

#28

View PostSkulldog, on 12 August 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

I'll check it out.

edit:

When you install Atomic on startup. You have to install Duke Nukem 3d V1.3 by selecting it at the main menu. Cause the Atomic Edition CD does not have Duke Nukem 1 & 2 included.


Can you give me steps on how to do it or do I have to wait for another update?
0

User is offline   Skulldog 

#29

View PostDustFalcon85, on 12 August 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

Can you give me steps on how to do it or do I have to wait for another update?


After, you install Duke Nukem Atomic. The next time you start the launcher, just select Duke Nukem 3d v1.3 in the selection box. Then press the start
button and it will ask for Duke Nukem 3d v1.3 CD.
0

#30

View PostSkulldog, on 12 August 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

After, you install Duke Nukem Atomic. The next time you start the launcher, just select Duke Nukem 3d v1.3 in the selection box. Then press the start
button and it will ask for Duke Nukem 3d v1.3 CD.


After I installed the Atomic Edition. V 1.3D is nowhere in sight in the selection drop box.
0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options