Duke4.net Forums: 360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy! - Duke4.net Forums

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy!

User is offline   randir14 

I think if it comes this week it'll be Tuesday, apparently that's when 360 and PS3 demos get released. And now that PSN is starting back up there's nothing holding back the demo...

This post has been edited by randir14: 14 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

Whatthe the fuck?Tuesdaay? They promised to release it today foe FAC? or do you mean it'll be available for others who's not in da club?

User is offline   Engel220 

View Post#SH@DOW#, on 14 May 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

Whatthe the fuck?Tuesdaay? They promised to release it today foe FAC? or do you mean it'll be available for others who's not in da club?

They never promised FAC members it would be today, today is only the last day to submit what platform preference FAC members have for the demo. Tuesday seems to be a good day for the demo if it comes out next week, but only GBX can decide when a good time is a good time.

User is offline   Johnny 

Has Gearbox commented the Demo-Leak?

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 10:27 PM, said:

I smell corporatist bullshit on this page and only one fag is posting it. Not going to give names but he knows himself because he feels guilty of it when reading this post of mine.

Funny, I don't smell that. I smell someone who works free of charge as a moderator, and is greatly overstepping his bounds and being a total chode about it. Actually, he's coming over to our little corner of The Internet and solving problems here instead of doing the right thing and fixing the problems he created back home.

Basically, he thinks he's all powerful and a member of Gearbox's actual elite when he's really just a damn forum moderator.

If you ask me, that's far worse.

That's like me saying "Yeah my dad met Jim Gaffigan once, you want him at your kid's birthday party?"

It sucks too because when people this far down make bad decisions, it reflects badly on the people at the top even though they are usually in the dark. I doubt Randy gives a shit about this leak, I think the bottom feeders want to make a name for themselves.

This post has been edited by Descent: 15 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

View PostDescent, on 15 May 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

Funny, I don't smell that. I smell someone who works free of charge as a moderator, and is greatly overstepping his bounds and being a total chode about it. Actually, he's coming over to our little corner of The Internet and solving problems here instead of doing the right thing and fixing the problems he created back home.

Basically, he thinks he's all powerful and a member of Gearbox's actual elite when he's really just a damn forum moderator.

If you ask me, that's far worse.

That's like me saying "Yeah my dad met Jim Gaffigan once, you want him at your kid's birthday party?"

It sucks too because when people this far down make bad decisions, it reflects badly on the people at the top even though they are usually in the dark. I doubt Randy gives a shit about this leak, I think the bottom feeders want to make a name for themselves.

I can go with that too. But you know fags like this are always attempting to have a corporatist "I don't give shit about you go read the rules" kind of speech which they are obsessively trying to copy from real pr managers that actually get paid to be bitches. Then these types of idiots try to adapt that kind of style to their poor peasant vocabulary.
They are the kind of dumb but arrogant people that think they can shoot out cool authoritarian phrases on demand even though they haven't read anything in all of their lives and their vocabulary lacks even the most basic of expressions.
Such people usually can't stitch together a decent textual composition even if you pay them for it.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 15 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

User is offline   coheed82 

Wait for a "good time" to release it?? come on! if it's Done then just give it to us.. there shouldnt be extra waiting just coz the psn can't fix it's shit or the xbox is gay, the PC guys like me, should @ least get the bloody thing. ya know how long ive followed duke? how long ive been mapping eduke32?? a very long time..
ITS TIME NOW FOR A DEMO, (if its done that is). dont have us waiting unnessassarily... IF GEARBOX WANT POSITIVE SUPPORT & TO SELL THEIR GAME THEN GIVE please give us the demo that you promised..... no i dont recall it being on the 15th.. but also they wont reveal the bloody date will they?
Thumbs up Mr.Deviance.. ;) thumbs down to those who act like the demo isnt worth being angry over... no more bs. its time to do the right thing .. hell if i ran a company id want to get my product out there selling.... just common sense really....

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postrandir14, on 14 May 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

I think if it comes this week it'll be Tuesday, apparently that's when 360 and PS3 demos get released. And now that PSN is starting back up there's nothing holding back the demo...

To be more precise, it's when content is updated, but like I said, in this case that doesn't actually mean anything. Even if the demo did end up on the servers Tuesday, we'll still be sitting around with our thumb up our ass until Gearbox decides to give us the redemption codes for the demo. Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right and it all goes up on the servers and we get the download codes and everything, but don't be disappointed if Tuesday comes and goes without us getting anything, or just a demo release date ;).

Each passing day I seem to have less confidence in Gearbox & 2k's ability to promote the game properly. That's why my expectations are quite low by now... I'm expecting that we'll get the PAX demo or a slightly expanded variation of PAX (rather than the Titty City demo which actually gives you a chance to try the game). I'm also not going to put my money on Tuesday since as far as I can tell, this all depends on when GBX wants to give us the codes and that can pretty much be whatever day they want it to be.

Still, I do hope you're right and I'm not, only time will tell, so lets see what happens. As for me, it wasn't my intention to actually play the demo (I was going to wait until June 10th to play the full version on my birthday), but this leak has actually gotten me quite interested now, so I'll give it a go and hopefully it won't make my birthday less exciting as a result.

View PostRaziel, on 15 May 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

Still, I do hope you're right and I'm not, only time will tell, so lets see what happens. As for me, it wasn't my intention to actually play the demo (I was going to wait until June 10th to play the full version on my birthday), but this leak has actually gotten me quite interested now, so I'll give it a go and hopefully it won't make my birthday less exciting as a result.

Wait, it'll make your birthday better

View PostMr.Deviance, on 15 May 2011 - 02:06 AM, said:

I can go with that too. But you know fags like this are always attempting to have a corporatist "I don't give shit about you go read the rules" kind of speech which they are obsessively trying to copy from real pr managers that actually get paid to be bitches. Then these types of idiots try to adapt that kind of style to their poor peasant vocabulary.
They are the kind of dumb but arrogant people that think they can shoot out cool authoritarian phrases on demand even though they haven't read anything in all of their lives and their vocabulary lacks even the most basic of expressions.
Such people usually can't stitch together a decent textual composition even if you pay them for it.

Oh yeah totally dude. But this is The Internet. Unwarranted self importance is the name of the game.

"By day...Billy was a slightly successful manager at Radio Shack...But after a long hard day of selling generic audio adapters and Boost Mobile phones to black people, he becomes...

DAMIEN_AZREAL! Transformed by the powers of "insecure dipshit given authority on The Internet syndrome," he wields banhammers with a mighty spacebar. Watch!...as posts get deleted, users get bans longer than OJ Simpson's meat stick, and drama spreads across The Internet like a Japanese reactor.

Coming this Spring to Duke4.net...A forum actually run by competent people."

This post has been edited by Descent: 15 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

I wouldn't even give the Gearbox mods (Chris and Adam) that much credit. They're just PR drones who let their feelings run the forums. I've seen this same crap a million times on a million websites. It's always oppressed European virgins living with their mothers who take out their frustration on a pointless online bulletin board. And if they can claim they are working for a video game studio it's all the sweeter. In reality they don't know jack shit about anything but let the masses believe otherwise. Give it time and they'll be out on their asses collecting unemployment checks or selling burgers. That's all they can ever aspire to be.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 15 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

User is offline   Engel220 

I'm in a real stupid mood, so I think I'll do something on the wild side. Damien seems to be an alright guy to me, most of the casual stuff I've seen him post at GBX's forums is almost exactly what I would say word for word, and he seems fair and evenhanded while going about his moderating duty. Being an unpaid mod on a forum is a bad job, you have to do what you're told to do and people just hose you down with bile and venom because you did what you were asked to do, and I've had more than an eyeful of unwanted abuse about my actions while moderating various forums.

I don't believe for a moment that anyone here would ever even partially agree with that statement, it's not my place to defend anyone on a forum of all places and I have no shred of doubt in my mind that someone'll come along and destroy my opinions in numbered order while spitting more venom at me than a cobra on its time of the month, but Damien doesn't deserve half the flak he seems to be taking.

On topic, it was interesting to hear bits of the demo that normally get drowned out by announcers or interviewers, even if it was just a pirated demo.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 15 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

I have nothing against Damien. In fact, he always seemed like the only level headed moderator across the entire forum (although sometimes sackless and afraid of losing his "job"). The rest of them can suck a fart out of my ass. I know they're reading this but don't have the balls to respond.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 15 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

Honestly, I don't post over there so I can't really comment on who sucks (The place always gave me bad vibes), so yeah, Damien, if you are reading this, I jumped the gun. My bad. ;)

View PostMad Max RW, on 15 May 2011 - 06:57 AM, said:

It's always oppressed European virgins living with their mothers who take out their frustration on a pointless online bulletin board.

Why European?

This post has been edited by Descent: 15 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

View PostDescent, on 15 May 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

Why European?

Because for some reason that is a common theme I notice in forums with power hungry mods. Occasionally you'll see something else, but by and large it's either a British kid or a German or something in between. Maybe it's their culture or inability to get a real job or hatred of Americans, I dunno. But I find it fascinating and annoying at the same time. The Gearbox mods are just plain old retarded.

Here's another good example. That guy Shodan picks favorites all the time. He frequently jumps into conversations, singles me out each and every time while refusing to fucking read anything, has to get the last word by warning he'll issue infractions if the conversation doesn't end, then a dozen other people follow him up ignoring his order. And you know what happens if I make any response at all? Infraction. The rest are totally ignored and he and AdamF/Chris focus entirely on me. I dare anybody to go over there and read this stuff if they haven't deleted it yet. It's amazing how retarded they all are. They are totally burned out and the game isn't even out yet. Imagine the shitstorm they will have to put up with from the people with tech problems or complaining how much DNF sucks. Are they going to ban all of them, too?

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 15 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostRaziel, on 15 May 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

To be more precise, it's when content is updated, but like I said, in this case that doesn't actually mean anything. Even if the demo did end up on the servers Tuesday, we'll still be sitting around with our thumb up our ass until Gearbox decides to give us the redemption codes for the demo. Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right and it all goes up on the servers and we get the download codes and everything, but don't be disappointed if Tuesday comes and goes without us getting anything, or just a demo release date ;).

Each passing day I seem to have less confidence in Gearbox & 2k's ability to promote the game properly. That's why my expectations are quite low by now... I'm expecting that we'll get the PAX demo or a slightly expanded variation of PAX (rather than the Titty City demo which actually gives you a chance to try the game). I'm also not going to put my money on Tuesday since as far as I can tell, this all depends on when GBX wants to give us the codes and that can pretty much be whatever day they want it to be.

Actually, Damien said that the demo leak was off of the Xbox LIVE servers and hacked together to get it to work didn't he? By that logic, the demo is already on the servers.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMiddy, on 14 May 2011 - 05:03 AM, said:

I cant believe how immature half the users on this forum are, I really cant believe it. Duke has been in development for over a decade, IT IS GOING TO BE RELEASED! an you guys are complaining like little bitches over a crap leak that is full of glitches and only has a few levels ( from what Iv heard). Why would you want to play duke in such shit quality?

Dont get me wrong, I want to see spoilers myself to make my days go a bit quicker, but if you got 2 levels of a crap leak and bugs left right and centre, your going to be more pissed when you finish a level and cant continue. You kids need to learn that waiting 1 more month is nothing to what some people have waited, and are acting mature about it.

There is no reason at all to get upset or angry, people forget this is just a goddam game, this isnt life. This is game is supposed to be a escapism from real life which we can enjoy, relax while playing and get away form issues in Real Life. The only people who should be getting angry is Gearbox, their game is being leaked while its not ready / finished. So nothing good can come from this, so the actions of removing threads and banning people is understandable.

Some of you need to grow up and understand that we will get the demo eventually, stop acting like spoiled brats and just enjoy the few extra spoilers we might have recieved.

for example

A poster above me noted that 3d Realms gets a good shout out in the title sequence, its good to know that Gearbox are making sure they acknowledge all the hard work 3d Realms did.

Good to see there's still someone with a sane head on their shoulders.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 10:27 PM, said:

I smell corporatist bullshit on this page and only one fag is posting it. Not going to give names but he knows himself because he feels guilty of it when reading this post of mine.

You seem to toss around the word "corporatist" around rather frivolously, as if you don't fully understand it's meaning. This is a Duke Nukem forum, not a political debate.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 15 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

I think the bigger problem in this thread is how GBX forum managers are going about their business, not the leak itself. Banhammers left and right for content that A. Isn't playable and B. Has been shown at every trade show since PAX.

If this was halfway through the game, THEN I would understand, but DNF culture revolves around leaks. Give some fucking warning first. Don't just ban people.

Actually, don't even bother censoring that shit because people will just find it anyway and it'll make you look like a totalitarian douchebag.

This post has been edited by Descent: 15 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

The thing is there was no warning anywhere on their forums explaining how you can't so much as hint at the existence of the demo leak. They just ban you right then and there. How the hell is anyone supposed to know that? Am I expected to be able to read their minds? Try to defend that. You can't.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 15 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMad Max RW, on 15 May 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

The thing is there was no warning anywhere on their forums explaining how you can't so much as hint at the existence of the demo leak. They just ban you right then and there. How the hell is anyone supposed to know that? Am I expected to be able to read their minds? Try to defend that. You can't.

I'm not going to even try to. It is over the line to expect people to read the minds of the moderators/admins. They should at the very least post a sticky thread/announcement warning that if any discussion about the leaks takes place, the threads will be taken down, and users will be banned. But to ban outright without warning, is a bit of a dick move. Outside of that, they are well within their rights in order to keep shit under control, even if I don't entirely agree on how they are dealing with it.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 15 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

User is offline   Hool 

View PostMad Max RW, on 15 May 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

I was given an unremovable Infraction just because they thought I was promoting Piracy, when I was just trying to tell to Gearbox to stop the hackers. Maybe they should get their asses off the forums, stop giving everyone infractions and actually do something to stop further leaks?

This post has been edited by WheatleyNukem: 15 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 15 May 2011 - 08:29 AM, said:

I was given an unremovable Infraction just because they thought I was promoting Piracy, when I was just trying to tell to Gearbox to stop the hackers. Maybe they should get their asses off the forums, stop giving everyone infractions and actually do something to stop further leaks?

that's like telling General Motors to do something against people doing car crashes.
it has been leaked from the xbox marketplace. that's not gbx's fault. they can't do anything about that. like it or not

And they banned me until August 13 for asking in an ongoing discussion about the leak if it was the same demo shown at PAX. Did they ban those other people or delete their posts? Of course not! Try to convince me that isn't totally ridiculous. The Gearbox PR tools made it personal because on numerous occasions I directly asked them if DNF will have dedicated servers/editing tools, if last year's A:CM "screenshots" weren't staged, and so on. Instead of getting answers they put me on a constant watch list. Every day my profile was being monitored by either Chris or AdamF of Gearbox and sometimes Damien. Only the Gearbox people threatened me via private messages. Then the leak happens and they jumped at the opportunity.

Fuck em. I wouldn't be pleased unless they issue a public apology, remove all bans and infractions from people who didn't directly link to the demo download, then were fired.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 15 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, they don't even give them a warning. I've seen about 5 people get banned over there without warning.

That is unfair.

This post has been edited by Bam050196: 15 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

User is offline   Hool 

View PostBam050196, on 15 May 2011 - 09:00 AM, said:

Yeah, they don't even give them a warning. I've seen about 5 people get banned over there without warning.

That is unfair.

I was given an infraction. They should just remove the "Never" and replace it with 2 weeks. They didn't warn me, just straight up Infraction.

Yea, I heard.

That's bullshit.

This is rapidly turning into a disaster. You sure it's only five people? Someone at Gearbox needs to cull these guys, fast.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

They didn't give warnings? Come on.... ChrisF said like more than 10 times "don't talk about piracy or leaked materials!" throughout the thread. People fail to see that they don't even want HINTS about the leaked materials. They want to pretend it didn't exist and people don't notice that. So even talking a bit about the leak gets you banned.

View PostDavoX, on 15 May 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

They didn't give warnings? Come on.... ChrisF said like more than 10 times "don't talk about piracy or leaked materials!" throughout the thread. People fail to see that they don't even want HINTS about the leaked materials. They want to pretend it didn't exist and people don't notice that. So even talking a bit about the leak gets you banned.

If they want people to know it's a ban-able offense maybe they should place that rule right out in front and not buried in page 875 of 1043. The way things are setup over there they are deliberately making it harder on themselves and coming off as a bunch of ban happy idiots. The rules page says "no discussion of piracy". OK, in every single forum I've been to that was about where to download stuff, advertising you have something to download via PM's, saying you pirated something and so on. Nowhere does it explain not to ask about a video of a demo or what is going on in a crazy discussion that makes no damn sense. If there was an announcement right at the top of the forums saying DO NOT DISCUSS DEMO LEAK, they wouldn't have screwed everybody.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 15 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

User is offline   Alithinos 

The irony is that this is the less important leak in the history of DNF.
Some people seem to forget that in 2009 large parts of the whole game leaked including but not limited to maps,assetes,and detailed information charts..
I don't know the actual number of people who got whole maps in their hands back then,but the point is that there are people that have larger parts of this game,even at unfinished state,3 years now.
The reason I'm saying this is that IMO they shouldn't react so much for 1 or 2 incompleted levels leaking out,since a much larger proportion leaked out 3 years ago.
There are people who know the complete number of weapons and levels,where each weapon/item is located,what's the scenery and the plot of each level etc...
Trying to silent down the leakage of 2 levels,while the whole game (even unfinished) has already leaked seems "somehow" to me.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options