Duke4.net Forums: 360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy! - Duke4.net Forums

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy!

User is offline   Alithinos 

I'm against piracy and I never bothered downloading a pirate game..
But I wonder why is it supposed to be bad to download free something that is supposed to be distributed free ?
;)
I mean,I don't think they would charge people to play the demo,right ?

Is there any way to see the video? At least i can enjoy that. You know. Faking i m playing. Since its 28 days till release and us FAC members are still in limbo while people play it.
Yatta please don't ban me , bro. Somebody PM me that vid, please.

I utterly hate that. We did nothing wrong, only want to exchange information about that situation, because we HONEST customers get NOTHING, but WE get raped at the end.

WTF is up Gearbox?

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

In Before the Lock.. no he isn't going too let you watch videos or anything DNF related.. nor is he regarding DNF 6 7 8 etc..
When that stuff is released in the future, because Gearbox already has him by the balls. I fight the good fight and have balls thank you very much. So when Gearbox tells me to remove shit.. I remind them about all the money I helped create for them or I can tell them to F-off and go pirate the game if I wanted to as well. I helped in the developement of DNF and will not be told.. "you can't watch video".

Personally if anyone is listening go start your own DNF website. You'll probably take the traffic from this one away like DNF mods.

Leave this Forum go some place else where there is freedom of speech.

I know your in a Tough Spot Yatta but you already made your choice and plenty of enemies and good luck with your future endeavors.

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 13 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

View Postmuskydragon, on 13 May 2011 - 10:43 PM, said:

In Before the Lock.. no he isn't going too let you watch videos or anything DNF related.. nor is he regarding DNF 6 7 8 etc..
When that stuff is released in the future, because Gearbox already has him by the balls. I fight the good fight and have balls thank you very much. So when Gearbox tells me to remove shit.. I remind them about all the money I helped create for them or I can tell them to F-off and go pirate the game if I wanted to as well. I helped in the developement of DNF and will not be told.. "you can't watch video".

Personally if anyone is listening go start your own DNF website. You'll probably take the traffic from this one away like DNF mods.

Leave this Forum go some place else where there is freedom of speech.

I know your in a Tough Spot Yatta but you already made your choice and plenty of enemies and good luck with your future endeavors.

I am most likely the biggest pirate captain on this entire forum and not just a random pirate but the biggest antisteam community owner, and even I think you're just acting spoiled my dear duke4.net soon to be former member...
If you can't understand how an official fan forum works, then you are just dumb, or spoiled, pure and simple.
If corporatism = censorship then censorship shall be applied to the official fan forum too.
This is not undergrounduke4.net this is duke4.net.
If gearbox call something here to be piracy, Yatta can get sued for this shit if he doesn't remove it, because as it can be seen, he has not bothered to cover his ass and host his site on a hard to put down domain like .ru for ex.
This is an official fan forum where the owner does not hide his real name and address from the world.
If you want a duke nukem forum where you can talk piracy and shit, then host an underground forum and look into keeping it alive after fbi and cia try to put it down on a daily basis.
I happen to know how hard it is to keep a forum like that up because I have been keeping one such forum up since 2002!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postrandir14, on 13 May 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

Yeah it must be an old build. One person said the shit doesn't leave stains on the wall, which we know isn't the case in the more recent What Would Duke Do video.

FYI. It didn't leave stains on the PAX demo either.

View PostRaziel, on 13 May 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

FYI. It didn't leave stains on the PAX demo either.

It could be the pax demo that got leaked.
I don't have a 360 so I don't know too much about this leak precisely because I also avoided looking other videos besides the one where I've seen modding of the game.
However what puzzles me is how the fuck was DNF modded if the leak is 360 only...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

View PostMr.Deviance, on 13 May 2011 - 10:53 PM, said:

Yatta can get sued for this shit if he doesn't remove it, because as it can be seen, he has not bothered to cover his ass and host his site on a hard to put down domain

Really? so why isn't youtube.com sued or any other xbox site forum.. I could mention some if you really want me too and they are just regular xbox fan sites.
Seriously I can post links if you need evidence.

Also Pirate Movies sites do this as well.. for example giving links to megavideo.com or file sharing websites. The sites are not shut down.. Why not? cause they arn't hosting the videos.
Now if Yatta was hosting the data video on his site, then he would be liable.
So to say Yatta will be sued is hilarious and the videos are not illegal.

Otherwise every video gameplay video on youtube.com is illegal!

My friend is a Lawyer - seriously yatta you might want to look into this, before you think Gearbox is going to sue you.

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 13 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

User is offline   pjVgt 

Well I don't what the fuss is about - footage was nothing more new than just opening screens seen for those who weren't at PAX or Titty City from the usual we saw before. There is nothing ground breaking about it - the stadium the canyon, mighty foot it was seen before. But this revision is quite valuable - it may provide concepts and steps of the game development in the same way alpha and beta versions of Doom or Duke3D provided.

But this is not a big thing - I don't believe this leak is more than a demo, 3/4 things inside are not from full version (I know). If GBX would just let it go they would get fame and make game popular before release in the same way Doom 3 0.2 alpha was and lose nothing. On the other side they should stop pissing off and release the demo already, because people who were patient and FAC members look right now like idiots.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 13 May 2011 - 10:53 PM, said:

This is not undergrounduke4.net this is duke4.net.
If gearbox call something here to be piracy, Yatta can get sued for this shit because he has not bothered to cover his ass and host his site on a hard to put down domain like .ru for ex.

It would be difficult to sue. The host was YouTube not duke4.net. Once the Demo to the club members is released it will be impossible to chase after everyone's video. It's bound to find it's way back to YouTube. T2 is over reacting. On one hand you cater to gamers on the other hand you want only a select few to see it? They (T2) don't understand human nature, or they do and ... this is a respectful as I know how to phrase it. Posted Image

View Postmuskydragon, on 13 May 2011 - 11:02 PM, said:

Really? so why isn't youtube.com sued or any other xbox site forum.. I could mention some if you really want me too and they are just regular xbox fan sites.
Seriously I can post links if you need evidence.

Also Pirate Movies sites do this as well.. for example giving links to megavideo.com or file sharing websites. The sites are not shut down.. Why not? cause they arn't hosting the videos.
Now if Yatta was hosting the data video on his site, then he would be liable.
So to say Yatta will be sued is hilarious and the videos are not illegal.

Otherwise every video gameplay video on youtube.com is illegal!

Shit doesn't work this way.
Yatta is not playing this game on the edge of decency, he is playing this game towards good relations with GBX.
Maybe you were out of the galaxy or you simply forgot that Yatta has been given an invitation by Randy Pitchford to that private DNF hands on party and he has also had his questions answered by gearbox.
Do you really think a guy that is in that kind of a relation with gearbox would start showing gearbox the middle finger when they ask for help, just because you and me hate gearbox's corporatist ass?
Ofc they won't sue him but if the things get so hot as suing threats would start pouring, then by definition all of the good relations that this community has with gearbox would die in an instant, no matter if he gets sued or not.
Besides, if he ever did get sued, you will just be on this forum talking about it and laughing your ass off.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

View PostHank, on 13 May 2011 - 11:08 PM, said:

It would be difficult to sue. The host was YouTube not duke4.net. Once the Demo to the club members is released it will be impossible to chase after everyone's video. It's bound to find it's way back to YouTube. T2 is over reacting. On one hand you cater to gamers on the other hand you want only a select few to see it? They (T2) don't understand human nature, or they do and ... this is a respectful as I know how to phrase it. Posted Image

Take Two is going to give up eventually especially when DNF is released early on the web.
People will keep posting videos and links and videos and downloads to the full game. Again I wish them luck.. but they won't win the battle sadly. People will continue to upload on youtube.com or play the game live on justin.tv

Agree with Mr.Deviance, I also think that Yatta owes Gearbox a lot. Nothing wrong with that, of course. The whole situation makes me sad...it didn't have to end like it is now.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 13 May 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

Shit doesn't work this way.
Yatta is not playing this game on the edge of decency, he is playing this game towards good relations with GBX.
Maybe you were out of the galaxy or you simply forgot that Yatta has been given an invitation by Randy Pitchford to that private DNF hands on party and he has also had his questions answered by gearbox.
Do you really think a guy that is in that kind of a relation with gearbox would start showing gearbox the middle finger when they ask for help, just because you and me hate gearbox's corporatist ass?
Ofc they won't sue him but if the things get so hot as suing threats would start pouring, then by definition all of the good relations that this community has with gearbox would die in an instant, no matter if gets sued or not.

That is because Yatta is helping promote DNF which is now there game. Also I don't see how Gearbox has helped Yatta.. Have they given you a check for $1000 Yatta? Everything they have done is to help make Money for DNF (aka Gearbox). For example flying him out to see it and play the game. Otherwise prove me wrong..

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 13 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 13 May 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

It could be the pax demo that got leaked.

I actually think it's a pre-PAX demo that was leaked. I watched a livestream of someone playing it, if you're killed the GPU seems to screw up completely, probably requires a reboot of the console to fix. Also, on the loading screen for the second map it said "Part 2" rather than "Level 21", I could be wrong though. Either way, from what I've seen, I'll wait for the proper demo.

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 13 May 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

Ofc they won't sue him but if the things get so hot as suing threats would start pouring, then by definition all of the good relations that this community has with gearbox would die in an instant, no matter if gets sued or not.

I don't think they give a shit about this community or any other for that matter. I wouldn't give in their place - gearbox is a serious corporation and the last thing You do as a company is to listen to voice of common people, because everything they could say will be pointless and against Your business.

View Postmuskydragon, on 13 May 2011 - 11:15 PM, said:

That is because Yatta is helping promote DNF which is now there game. Also I don't see how Gearbox has helped Yatta.. Have they given you a check for $1000 Yatta? Everything they have done is to help make Money for DNF. For example flying him out to see it and play the game. Otherwise prove me wrong..

If you ran a random fanforum and the company that makes the games that your a fan of, would invite you at a private party with all the leet media and inside stretch Hummer limos and also have your questions asked by corporatist people, then you too will owe them at least a bit of respect, even for the reason that you might get to be invited again in the future if not for your actual pride, maturity and diplomacy.
So if you disagree with this post, you are either jealous on Yatta or you are just an immature troll.
If anybody disagrees with me let them speak out and defend you now or forever shut the fuck up!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

View PostpjVgt, on 13 May 2011 - 11:19 PM, said:

I don't think they give a shit about this community or any other for that matter. I wouldn't give in their place - gearbox is a serious corporation and the last thing You do as a company is to listen to voice of common people, because everything they could say will be pointless and against Your business.

Exactly they don't, they are just using Yatta as a puppet and its sad to say this. I had respect for Yatta really after all these years and now.. I want proof that he is actually making money from Gearbox. Otherwise I think I am right for calling him out on this.

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostRaziel, on 13 May 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

I actually think it's a pre-PAX demo that was leaked. I watched a livestream of someone playing it, if you're killed the GPU seems to screw up completely, probably requires a reboot of the console to fix. Also, on the loading screen for the second map it said "Part 2" rather than "Level 21", I could be wrong though. Either way, from what I've seen, I'll wait for the proper demo.

I think it is a PAX demo - it seems identical and there was always part 2 in the level 21, because well it is part 2 of this level (part 1 is omitted). GPU errors are probably because most people use JTAG DNF leak on VGA monitors - and for me it seems like a color transfer error from hdmi output to vga.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 13 May 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

If you ran a random fanforum and the company that makes the games that your a fan of, would invite you at a private party with all the leet media and inside stretch hammer limos and also have your questions asked by corporatist people, then you too will owe them at least a bit of respect, even for the reason that you might get to be invited again in the future if not for your actual pride, maturity and diplomacy.
So if you disagree with this post, you are either jealous on Yatta or you are just an immature troll.
If anybody disagrees with me let them speak out and defend you now or forever shut the fuck up!

Why would I be jealous of someone who is being used? Seriously I work hard for my money as a game designer. Sorry.. I am not trolling just stating he is being used and frankly I wouldn't have gone. I could have gone to play Halo Series before others many times and I didn't. Now if they paid me to show up and review there game then i'd say yes to any company. But I am not going to be used as a puppet and not getting anything out of it. I am sure yatta met alot of friends and people.. but I don't see Gearbox Hiring Yatta and I don't see Yatta working for a big gaming company yet. Now if I did.. then i'd agree with you.

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 13 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

User is offline   pjVgt 

View Postmuskydragon, on 13 May 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

Exactly they don't, they are just using Yatta as a puppet and its sad to say this. I had respect for Yatta really after all these years and now.. I want proof that he is actually making money from Gearbox. Otherwise I think I am right for calling him out on this.

He probably isn't - in place of GBX I wouldn't pay for something that I could get for free.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Take2 does go too far when it comes to removing YouTube videos. That's one thing I dislike about them. They removed some guy's video of him playing the demo (this was at one of the events) apparently just because he had direct audio from the demo. Everything in the video had been seen before and most of the audio had been heard already. And there's videos on YouTube with the same stuff in them with over 1 million views, but they had to take this guy's video down.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostpjVgt, on 13 May 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

I think it is a PAX demo - it seems identical and there was always part 2 in the level 21, because well it is part 2 of this level (part 1 is omitted). GPU errors are probably because most people use JTAG DNF leak on VGA monitors - and for me it seems like a color transfer error from hdmi output to vga.

I played the PAX demo three times and I don't remember seeing "Part 2" on the PAX demo, it definitely said level 21 and I did not see that on this demo. I suspect it has the same content as the PAX demo, but a different build of the game. Also, the leaked demo is listed as an "internal demo", which means it wasn't intended for public consumption.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 13 May 2011 - 11:29 PM, said:

Take2 does go too far when it comes to removing YouTube videos. That's one thing I dislike about them. They removed some guy's video of him playing the demo (this was at one of the events) apparently just because he had direct audio from the demo. Everything in the video had been seen before and most of the audio had been heard already. And there's videos on YouTube with the same stuff in them with over 1 million views, but they had to take this guy's video down.

I agree, it's ridiculous. This is basically free advertising.

This post has been edited by Raziel: 13 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

User is offline   coheed82 

Yeah...

i got a 5 point infraction over @ gbx just for commenting in the leak thread there....
all i said that was wrong was the word "Hacking"..........
my comment was totally innocent.. just goes to show how much gbx wanna shut us down so easy.
ban the thread starter guy not us who happen to be sucked into commenting in that thread...
i feel so dissapointed..

i think GOING DARK IS ALL WE CAN DO NOW!!!!....

View Postcoheed82, on 13 May 2011 - 11:42 PM, said:

Yeah...

i got a 5 point infraction over @ gbx just for commenting in the leak thread there....
all i said that was wrong was the word "Hacking"..........
my comment was totally innocent.. just goes to show how much gbx wanna shut us down so easy.
ban the thread starter guy not us who happen to be sucked into commenting in that thread...
i feel so dissapointed..

i think GOING DARK IS ALL WE CAN DO NOW!!!!....

Fuck them. They are fags and the shit comes from the cocksucking masonic bitches from 2k.
Lackeys as ChrisF and his gang of pinkshirted fags are going extreme because they fear their bosses.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I've met some of these Gearbox (and 2K) folks in person and they are very kind, polite people.

You guys are of course free to have your opinions about them, but let's make a more clean-cut effort to be a "fan" website community.

I understand the frustration with the bannings and censorship, especially for people who are limited to a one-sided view of the situation. But please, let's just get along. In a few days this will all be behind us and everything said here will be irrelevant.

View PostYatta, on 13 May 2011 - 11:52 PM, said:

I've met some of these Gearbox (and 2K) folks in person and they are very kind, polite people.

You guys are of course free to have your opinions about them, but let's make a more clean-cut effort to be a "fan" website community.

I understand the frustration with the bannings and censorship, especially for people who are limited to a one-sided view of the situation. But please, let's just get along. In a few days this will all be behind us and everything said here will be irrelevant.

But we are man. We still love Duke Nukem even if we hate the fags that moderate the official forums.
Cross my heart! ;)

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostRaziel, on 13 May 2011 - 11:39 PM, said:

I played the PAX demo three times and I don't remember seeing "Part 2" on the PAX demo, it definitely said level 21 and I did not see that on this demo. I suspect it has the same content as the PAX demo, but a different build of the game. Also, the leaked demo is listed as an "internal demo", which means it wasn't intended for public consumption.

So we have two choices there - either this is a Titty City revision or something we didn't give a grip yet.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Titty City demo didn't have monster truck gameplay I thought.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options