Duke4.net Forums: 360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy! - Duke4.net Forums

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy!

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

This is off-topic, but here's an example of a ridiculous video removal that happened to me a few years back.

Attached Image: Rejected.JPG

Here's the original video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=e26FhQo_2JY

Nothing inappropriate that I can see. Completely the opposite.

View PostpjVgt, on 13 May 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

So we have two choices there - either this is a Titty City revision or something we didn't give a grip yet.

I wouldn't beat my head with useless info like this.
If it's not the final release then fuck it.

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 12:05 AM, said:

I wouldn't beat my head with useless info like this.
If it's not the final release then fuck it.

This is a sort of hobby of mine to collect games in their various stages of development. But yeah it is incomplete, buggy and hanging up like a unmotivated suicide emo. No commercial value other than for duketards and historians like me.

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

*Hangs himself* seeing how the community still seems to support gearbox... Duke Nukem Forever will be the last game I buy from them.. Unless the next Duke Game kicks Major ass.. but ill probably warez it. Seeing how they don't seem to care about the community they lied to for weeks and still won't release the demo for another two weeks and lied to everyone.

Yet people are gonna take this stuff from Gearbox. I am done.. *Tightens the Rope and jumps off the chair* ;)

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 14 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostpjVgt, on 13 May 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

So we have two choices there - either this is a Titty City revision or something we didn't give a grip yet.

I would say it is probably a variation of the PAX demo, same content, different build.

This is just my opinion, but they are WAY over-reacting on this one with all the deletions etc. Firstly, it's a demo that I think we all agree is content-wise equivalent to the old PAX demo, there's nothing in there we haven't already seen before. Fact number two, it only runs on JTAG XBOX360s, which almost no one has due to the complexity involved (you have to disassemble it right down to the motherboard, soldier a lot of resisters and other bits and pieces with wires running all over the place, then you have to create an LPT port connection with your PC etc. etc.). This is not a simple mod to perform, it's a hundred times more difficult than flashing the DVD drive (which is what most people who want to pirate on the 360 will do). Final fact, real demo is coming out soon...

So even if the leak did spread like crazy, it'd be useless to all but a very tiny minority of 360 pirates that happen to have a JTAG console. See, JTAGs are mostly intended for homebrew people that want to run unsigned code on their consoles, normal pirates just flash the DVD drive and burn the games to disc, and that won't work with this demo since it was taken from a dev-console (and hench, it's unsigned code, which normal consoles including those with a flashed DVD drive can't play).

This post has been edited by Raziel: 14 May 2011 - 12:36 AM

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

View PostRaziel, on 14 May 2011 - 12:19 AM, said:

I would say it is probably a variation of the PAX demo, same content, different build.

This is just my opinion, but they are WAY over-reacting on this one with all the deletions etc. Firstly, it's a demo that I think we all agree is content-wise equivalent to the old PAX demo, there's nothing in there we haven't already seen before. Fact number two, it only runs on JTAG XBOX360s, which almost no one has due to the complexity involved (you have to disassemble it right down to the motherboard, soldier a lot of resisters and other bits and pieces with wires running all over the place, then you have to create an LPT port connection with your PC etc. etc.). This is not a simple mod to perform, it's a hundred times more difficult than flashing the DVD drive (which is what most people who want to pirate on the 360 will do). Final fact, real demo is coming out soon...

So even if the leak did spread like crazy, it'd be useless to all but a very tiny minority of 360 pirates that happen to have a JTAG console. See, JTAGs are mostly intended for homebrew people that want to run unsigned code on their consoles, normal pirates just flash the DVD drive and burn the games to disc, and that won't work with this demo since it was taken from a dev-console.

Well can't wait for one week before June when the Full Game leaks out on the net for JTAG people and yeah.. the PC version isn't going to have protection like Halo Reach had, which was just being on the xbox. Just watch.. the ending and other things being posted all over youtube or people playing it on streaming sights. -Gasps still struggling from the rope- ;)

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 14 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

User is offline   Johnny 

I hate hacks and leaks! Gearbox should release the playable Demo for all! It's indifferent now! They should bring some other cool stuff for the FAC-Members...

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostJohnny, on 14 May 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

I hate hacks and leaks! Gearbox should release the playable Demo for all! It's indifferent now! They should bring some other cool stuff for the FAC-Members...

Name one thing that stayed exclusive for FAC people beyond five minutes.

I've just seen a video where you can hear for the first time the german voice of duke and other characters. I have to admit: not as bad as expected ;)

User is offline   Raziel 

I think I've pretty much confirmed it's not the PAX demo... based on the maps folder, it looks like it might only have the truck level on it.

EDIT: Scratch that thought, has loading screen videos for both of the original pax levels. It also has the PAX-screened trailer with the NEW dnf model and censoring. So this demo appears to be newer than PAX. Still, it doesn't have the latest trailer on it, so I don't think this is the FAC demo, though I may be mistaken. If it is the FAC demo I'm going to be very disappointed since it would pretty much raise the question of why they haven't released it months ago!

This post has been edited by Raziel: 14 May 2011 - 01:03 AM

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostRaziel, on 14 May 2011 - 12:47 AM, said:

[s]If it is the FAC demo I'm going to be very disappointed since it would pretty much raise the question of why they haven't released it months ago!

I still think this is Titty City demo. But regardless if this glitchy shit will be FAC demo I will be seriously pissed. I would feel like GBX pulled me by my dick for months.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostpjVgt, on 14 May 2011 - 01:09 AM, said:

I still think this is Titty City demo. But regardless if this glitchy shit will be FAC demo I will be seriously pissed. I would feel like GBX pulled me by my dick for months.

It's not, the Titty City demo was the first 6 levels, this only contains map 00 and map 14B, which, based on the videos I've seen would appear to be the same ones as the original PAX demo. No multiplayer maps or anything else, just the PAX levels.

I also scratched around a bit more and discovered a few other things which I don't wish to talk about due to the nature of this leak. All I will say is that the more I look at the leaked content, the more I get the feeling this is the demo we're getting, it's unfortunate, but don't get your hopes too high. Expect to play the single player PAX demo. If I turn out to be wrong about this, it can only get better right?

It could be worse than the PAX demo... a multiplayer only demo for example. I could live very well with the PAX demo.

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 14 May 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

It could be worse than the PAX demo... a multiplayer only demo for example. I could live very well with the PAX demo.

I would like to play the original PAX demo with shitty models and absolete shaders.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 14 May 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

The problem with the PAX demo is that it doesn't actually show any of the cool stuff that the game has to offer. Keep in mind that we know what to expect, but new gamers don't. If they release the PAX demo as the actual publicly available demo, I can only say they'd be making a huge mistake since it only really caters to the old hardcore Duke3D fans that know about the final boss fight and know about the kinds of things they can expect that isn't shown in the PAX demo. All the modern gamer is going to see is a pretty standard shooter with somewhat dated graphics. They clearly need to show off some of the cool shit that only DNF has, and the PAX demo doesn't do that. Plus, the PAX demo had issues, like shit not making stains on walls and stuff like that, which appears to also be the case in this demo.

You're absolutley right Raziel and I agree with every single aspect. Such a demo would be probably be bad marketing, but still better than showing some limited multiplayer stuff only.

Imho such aspects a demo of DNF should cover:
* Interactivity
* A clever Half-Life "styled" riddle or two
* Gunfights / action (obviously)
* A cliffhanger at the end of it

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostRaziel, on 14 May 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

The problem with the PAX demo is that it doesn't actually show any of the cool stuff that the game has to offer. Keep in mind that we know what to expect, but new gamers don't. If they release the PAX demo as the actual publicly available demo, I can only say they'd be making a huge mistake since it only really caters to the old hardcore Duke3D fans that know about the final boss fight and know about the kinds of things they can expect that isn't shown in the PAX demo. All the modern gamer is going to see is a pretty standard shooter with somewhat dated graphics. They clearly need to show off some of the cool shit that only DNF has, and the PAX demo doesn't do that. Plus, the PAX demo had issues, like shit not making stains on walls and stuff like that, which appears to also be the case in this demo.

The word "Internal" has been attached to this demo, has it not? I think its a safe bet this isn't the actual demo.

I think some qc fags from gearbox leaked it. Gerabox can't get their shit together and their own people are leaking the game...

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 02:01 AM, said:

I think some qc fags from gearbox leaked it. Gerabox can't get their shit together and their own people are leaking the game...

Or a friend of a friend borrowed it for fun without asking.

Reminds me of this forum a while ago when the footage leaked. George also asked Yatta to censor these forums, which he did, out of respect for the game as Yatta isn't George's biggest fan.

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 14 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 14 May 2011 - 01:53 AM, said:

You're absolutley right Raziel and I agree with every single aspect. Such a demo would be probably be bad marketing, but still better than showing some limited multiplayer stuff only.

Imho such aspects a demo of DNF should cover:
* Interactivity
* A clever Half-Life "styled" riddle or two
* Gunfights / action (obviously)
* A cliffhanger at the end of it

Agreed. Personally, I hope they release the full Titty City demo.

View PostpjVgt, on 14 May 2011 - 02:03 AM, said:

Or a friend of a friend borrowed it for fun without asking.

If the qc is anything like the one from Ubisoft, then a friend of a friend would definitely not get his hands on unreleased products.
But even if what you said is real, it still means that Gearbox can't get their act together and their own people are leaking their games.
You see, when somebody from Gearbox leaks Gearbox games JUST for his own mate, it can already be said that Gearbox has failed to keep their shit together.
To leak does not mean to spread it to the world. To leak it means to get it out of the private hands of Gearbox and into the hands of just ONE outsider.
No matter if that outsider decides to spread it online or not, it's still called leaking.
In my opinion, if some fag from gearbox gave the game to some friend, I congratulate that friend for leaking it to the public because an unofficial leak deserves to become a full blown leak as a warning and punishment for the company that can't secure it's shit from it's own staff...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 May 2011 - 02:08 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

It's a leak from a dev-console, standard 360s can't even play it without being JTAG'd, even if the DVD drive is flashed it still wouldn't play. So it's hardly what I would call a major leak. This sounds more like a demo that was dumped from a stolen dev-console or something that was somehow obtained from the 360's live-test server, if that is even possible - well, I suppose anything is possible.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2011 - 12:36 AM, said:

Name one thing that stayed exclusive for FAC people beyond five minutes.

The FAC code

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 02:08 AM, said:

In my opinion, if some fag from gearbox gave the game to some friend, I congratulate that friend for leaking it to the public because an unofficial leak deserves to become a full blown leak as a warning and punishment for the company that can't secure it's shit from it's own staff...

Other thing is that maybe someone just stole a hdd from x360 during one of the many events that happened.

User is offline   coheed82 

Thanks Mr.Deviance... ;)
And yeah Yatta, i still support the duke! of course i do. ;) gearbox will be praised for the full release... but their handling of our demo is gone and given us a bad taste in our mouth. ive been @ gbx FAC since January.. waiting... posting... sleeping.. getting by anyway that i can.. but now that it's so close they go and try to ban or infract innocent people on the fac just for having a say!
our patience is gone out the window on this one i believe.. im sure i can speak for most here that we just want the real deal Demo.. the leak wheather false pax or true demo is irellavant. the fact remains the same that PEOPLE OUT THERE ARE PLAYING DNF.. and we are not... the real supporters of duke4.net and gearbox FAC.
We have been through hell and back, followed all the way since 3DREALMS were making the game.. been supportive & patient. now that its finally here WHERE IS OUR FRIGGN DEMO??? Hell we gotta at least be allowed to vent our frustration somehow... weve seen everything there is to show. Trailers, Podcasts, Images, Interviews... this game is just around the corner now and gbx are still withholding the demo from us.. @ this rate we'll only have maybe a fukn week with it til the full release on June 10/14.... ive spent over $500 now on $50 prepaid broadband recharges staying glued to the FAC.... hoping on a demo @ any time......
And nothing!! gbx & 2k must be making some kind of extra profit by making us wait otherwize why else hold it back?

I thought that gbx cared about getting us the demo EARLY! hence the FAC name "FIRST ACCESS CLUB" its now more like. LATE ACCESS CLUB.
Everyone seems to be playing it before us so the term "FIRST" is screw'd..............................................
im going dark @ the fac now... fuk it. il just check emails @ wait to NOT be surprised..
this is a total joke. DUKE NUKEM DESERVES BETTER... TO BE ON ALL OUR FAC PC'S PS3'S & XBOX'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Our demo is coming this week coming

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostYatta, on 13 May 2011 - 11:52 PM, said:

I've met some of these Gearbox (and 2K) folks in person and they are very kind, polite people.

You guys are of course free to have your opinions about them, but let's make a more clean-cut effort to be a "fan" website community.

I understand the frustration with the bannings and censorship, especially for people who are limited to a one-sided view of the situation. But please, let's just get along. In a few days this will all be behind us and everything said here will be irrelevant.

No, just no. I love the Duke and his games, but screw those who try to censor what people can say or think on youtube/etc about a DEMO, even if it is leaked. Also, we're fans of Duke not GBX/T2 perse.

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 14 May 2011 - 03:17 AM

User is offline   pjVgt 

View Postcoheed82, on 14 May 2011 - 02:50 AM, said:

We have been through hell and back, followed all the way since 3DREALMS were making the game.. been supportive & patient. now that its finally here WHERE IS OUR FRIGGN DEMO??? Hell we gotta at least be allowed to vent our frustration somehow... weve seen everything there is to show. Trailers, Podcasts, Images, Interviews... this game is just around the corner now and gbx are still withholding the demo from us.. @ this rate we'll only have maybe a fukn week with it til the full release on June 10/14.... ive spent over $500 now on $50 prepaid broadband recharges staying glued to the FAC.... hoping on a demo @ any time......
And nothing!! gbx & 2k must be making some kind of extra profit by making us wait otherwize why else hold it back?

I think You are very close that that FAC will get the demo a week before premiere. I was supporter of GBX/T2 marketing strategy as the only way to make this game turn profitable for them, but their handling with the demo is also a mystery to me - it just doesn't make any sense. Game is ready and demo was probably finished month ago - the only reason why they wait it seems for me is till PSN will wake up.

Gladly I received FAC code with the BoS edition - so I didn't pay a bit for it, but I would be pissed if paid 50 obamabucks for nothing. FAC club seems like FUCK club to me.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postcoheed82, on 14 May 2011 - 02:50 AM, said:

. ive spent over $500 now on $50 prepaid broadband recharges staying glued to the FAC.... hoping on a demo @ any time......

Srsly? You spent 500 bucks to get info/demo acces on/for a 50 dollar game? :facepalm:

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options