Duke4.net Forums: 360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy! - Duke4.net Forums

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy!

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

http://www.facepunch...=1#post30254397

"Full game has been LEAKED. Apparently it is a russian version from publisher 1c-Softclub"

Size: 3.86 GB

Seems real. :(

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 05 June 2011 - 02:34 AM

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostFox Mulder, on 05 June 2011 - 02:25 AM, said:

http://www.facepunch...=1#post30254397

"Full game has been LEAKED. Apparently it is a russian version from publisher 1c-Softclub"

Size: 3.86 GB

Seems real. :(

3.86gbs the whole game ?
can't be true.

User is offline   coheed82 

dont believe this crap..
we get the game on friday, so lets not concern ourselves with bs. :(

User is offline   zwieback 

it has been leaked - but so far there is no crack - and you can't decrypt the files afaik. i guess the same issue as it was with unlocking the demo :( le'ts hope it holds a few more days

This post has been edited by zwieback: 05 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

User is offline   coheed82 

3.86Gb??? this has got to be wrong. theres no way all these years of waiting = 3.86Gb's..... :(

View Postzwieback, on 05 June 2011 - 02:59 AM, said:

it has been leaked - but so far there is no crack - and you can't decrypt the files afaik. i guess the same issue as it was with unlocking the demo :( le'ts hope it holds a few more days

Unfortunetly the demo has been leaked and is possible to be played by non FAC members.

User is offline   supergoofy 

When the public PC Demo will be out?

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 05 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

User is offline   Martin 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 31 May 2011 - 07:29 AM, said:

I really like both of your posts Raziel... strange that I agree with you twice in a row. LOL!
But seriously... this thread is disturbing... or the shallowness within is. It is very black and white with me... cutesy statements and cliche' and other meaningless social statements being used as "real" argument for copying software is pretty sad.
There has been no real argument (because there isn't one) that holds any validity in this thread relative to stealing someones software.
Just like Raziel said, you pay for the experience. If you experience it without paying, it is "stealing" no matter what you want to call it.

MrBlackCat

Thing is, people will have a selective view. You say these things, but do you have illegal MP3s on your computer? If not - maximum respect to you. You have principals which you stick to, regardless of how it might make certain things more difficult/inaccessible for you. However, if you're one of those that deplores piracy on a video game level, but torrents MP3s, DVDrips and the like.. you are a contradictory fag who has anti-stealing principals only when it suits you, and not when it doesn't.

I hope you're the former. Of course you'll say that you are, and if you do I'll believe you. Just know that you can't really prove this to me, which means that others who've taken your side in this argument cannot prove their law-abiding internet use to you. Do you believe that all these people here deploring video game piracy don't illegally torrent other kinds of entertainment? Statistically, most of them do, which makes most of them contradictory fags.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View Postcoheed82, on 05 June 2011 - 03:06 AM, said:

3.86Gb??? this has got to be wrong. theres no way all these years of waiting = 3.86Gb's..... :(

Taking in account the game has been in development since a long time, and how critics claims the graphics are out-dated, besides the Demo size (around 1.5gb), that seems fair

This post has been edited by Fox: 05 June 2011 - 05:06 AM

User is offline   Gregs2k2 

I'm convinced there's a leak out there, after the screenshot i've just been sent. I won't post it as it's fairly spoiler-ific. For those who want it, PM me.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostMartin, on 05 June 2011 - 03:41 AM, said:

Thing is, people will have a selective view. You say these things, but do you have illegal MP3s on your computer? If not - maximum respect to you. You have principals which you stick to, regardless of how it might make certain things more difficult/inaccessible for you. However, if you're one of those that deplores piracy on a video game level, but torrents MP3s, DVDrips and the like.. you are a contradictory fag who has anti-stealing principals only when it suits you, and not when it doesn't.

I hope you're the former. Of course you'll say that you are, and if you do I'll believe you. Just know that you can't really prove this to me, which means that others who've taken your side in this argument cannot prove their law-abiding internet use to you. Do you believe that all these people here deploring video game piracy don't illegally torrent other kinds of entertainment? Statistically, most of them do, which makes most of them contradictory fags.
Thank you for the reply.
I agree with what you say relative to selective view. I do things based in principles and concept rather than more subjective. Stealing is stealing to me. This could be screwing around in the bathroom at work when you could be working. You are being paid and not supplying what is being paid for.
But more specifically on topic... MP3, or game or any media. I have a lot of MP3's on my computer... I own the record (I'm older), the tape, or the CD for all of them. I made a lot of them, with software I paid for. If they weren't given to me by a musician, I own them. I enjoy paying for MP3's and Music Videos from valid services. I encourage others to do so as well.
People used to just copy games and give them to me... I erased them. I knew early programmers though, so it was more personal for me to see people using their software and their kids need socks.

I do the best I can applying concepts to situations, which like anyones thinking, will never be perfect, but I am human. I state that as a reason, not an excuse. If I believe something I truly wrong, I don't do it, law or not. I know many peoples right and wrong is what is defined by law, or simply what they can get away with, legal or not. I DO believe that some people who take MP3's and Games don't realize or believe it is wrong. That is why I was trying to point out that it is to me... and why.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 05 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 05 June 2011 - 08:33 AM, said:

People used to just copy games and give them to me... I erased them.

Right, and so do other 'borrowers'. I do this on a daily basis. I download songs, those I like I get a copy from iTunes, the rest are toast. I 'borrow' a game; I like it, I buy my own copy, I don't like, it's gone. Especially considering the size of modern games. Ditto for one obvious demo, I just borrowed. I know in your eyes I'm the bad guy. Well here is your chance -click on red. I won't change. There is a huge difference between theft, infringing on copyrights and simple coping. Posted Image

View PostHank, on 05 June 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

I 'borrow' a game; I like it, I buy my own copy, I don't like, it's gone. Especially considering the size of modern games. Ditto for one obvious demo, I just borrowed. I know in your eyes I'm the bad guy.
Not at all Hank... not at all. Apparently I am not clear enough with my view.
Let me use a car metaphor... You test drive a car don't you? This is why I love shareware and Demos and so on. What would be the difference between going to a friends house and trying it out and doing what you just described? Nothing to me.

Hank said:

Well here is your chance -click on red. I won't change. There is a huge difference between theft, infringing on copyrights and simple coping.
If you copied to evaluate and actually deleted it if you didn't want it, that is quite different in my opinion. I have quite a bit of software I deleted in the past because I was asked to by the Evaluation Agreement. Sometimes the Shareware is "enough" for me also... I didn't like it enough to get the whole game.

What I am talking about is people who have NO intention of buying a game or song and their ONLY reason for copying it is "circumvention of payment". Unless I misunderstood what you just typed, you don't fall into this category.
There are thousands who would NEVER pay for a game no matter how much the enjoyed it... those are why the laws exist in the first place.

Is like with the DooM II... there never was a Demo because DooM 1 had shareware and the engine was basically the same... if you liked DooM and wanted more, there was no reason to need to "try" DooM II.
So the evaluation idea might be gray area with DooM II for instance.

It isn't "the act" it is the "intent". Many have NO intention paying for a game they can copy. If someone plays an entire game for evaluation... then that is getting pretty iffy. Like eating the whole steak and then saying it wasn't very good.

In fairness... you are not likely the problem and the undetectably small minority. I have legal data experience in this area that suggests you and myself would be in the 0.5% range. All of the context of your post is within trial or evaluation. None of the context of my earlier posts was intended within that context.

No negatives Hank... it does bother me that my view is so unclear you would think that.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 05 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

such a guy recently titled me as "BUYFAG" - interesting people we have in this world.

View Postzwieback, on 05 June 2011 - 09:40 AM, said:

such a guy recently titled me as "BUYFAG" - interesting people we have in this world.
BUYFAG?!
LOL!
Wow... that is funny from my point of view. Hehehe

I should sell the t-shirts... "I'm a BUYFAG! TAKE MY MONEY!"

Mr.BlackCat

don't get me wrong, i find it funny too - but while i was laughing, it also made me think a bit

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Stealers be steelin'.....

View PostDN4EVR, on 05 June 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Stealers be steelin'.....
Hehehe... that is pretty funny.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostFox, on 05 June 2011 - 05:05 AM, said:

Taking in account the game has been in development since a long time, and how critics claims the graphics are out-dated, besides the Demo size (around 1.5gb), that seems fair

The game is said to be longer than 12 hours... and the demo (being 1.8 gb) was only 20 minutes long.... your math doesn't add up.

View PostDavoX, on 05 June 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

The game is said to be longer than 12 hours... and the demo (being 1.8 gb) was only 20 minutes long.... your math doesn't add up.
Maybe they recycle a lot of textures? How big are the map files in Unreal?

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 05 June 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Maybe they recycle a lot of textures? How big are the map files in Unreal?

http://unrealtournam...ent_3/Maps;5853 Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

If we use UT3 in comparison, most maps are around 40 mb to 100 mb for the bigger ones. All talking about DM maps here...(levels in UT3 are huge mind you.)

Hank, lets talk about official maps here, not fan made ones.

This post has been edited by DavoX: 05 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

I don't think so. I'm looking at the map files now and the largest is under 70mb. Only a handful of others are over 20mb and the rest are in single digits. Many custom maps are 50-100mb, however. Most of the base maps share textures and static props, which are huge. The game didn't ship with nearly as much content at launch and took up 8gb (pretty hefty for 2007).

User is offline   Hank 

@ 'DavoX'

I think I did. Mr. BlackCat wanted to know the size of a map. What has the fan made aspect to do with it? Anyway fan made from UT3 instead of Tournament http://www.map-factory.org/ut3/4 . It is difficult to give a map/set size. It depends how many objects are embedded in it and associated art work. I think any use of a mathematical formula what the demo/game ratio is, is a wild guess.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

What I tried to say is that only a handful of mappers are good enough to add as much detail and stuff like in the original game.

View PostHank, on 06 June 2011 - 05:21 AM, said:

@ 'DavoX'

I think I did. Mr. BlackCat wanted to know the size of a map. What has the fan made aspect to do with it? Anyway fan made from UT3 instead of Tournament http://www.map-factory.org/ut3/4 . It is difficult to give a map/set size. It depends how many objects are embedded in it and associated art work. I think any use of a mathematical formula what the demo/game ratio is, is a wild guess.

View PostDavoX, on 06 June 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

What I tried to say is that only a handful of mappers are good enough to add as much detail and stuff like in the original game.
Thanks for the responses. I don't know anything about these modern games... I just remember that maps like in DooM didn't have much data at all. I think I had like 50 of my own maps for DooM on a floppy disk at one point.
That is why I asked. I have no experience with modern stuff, so no point in trying to estimate the complexity of modern maps as I have not done any maps since Duke 3D and that was only a couple. I don't really even remember the size of Duke Maps... but I have about 10,000 of them and they don't take up much space. (compilation shovel-ware fan stuff of course)

Thanks
MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 06 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'm a level designer (and even work doing it!) So I guess I should know the estimatives of file size on modern maps.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDavoX, on 06 June 2011 - 12:05 PM, said:

I'm a level designer (and even work doing it!) So I guess I should know the estimatives of file size on modern maps.

As usual I stand corrected. Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Full version of DNF for 360 already leaked. :(

User is offline   Montykoro 

View PostThe Commander, on 07 June 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

Full version of DNF for 360 already leaked. :(

The next time some idiot say "PC piracy is the problem" i will remember this...

EDIT: ps3 version leaked...

This post has been edited by Montykoro: 07 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options