• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prey 2 to be out in 2012

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

This is a sure no buy for me.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Ugh, this is more than a no buy, it's like someone taking a wet shit in my mailbox.

This post has been edited by Descent: 26 March 2011 - 06:46 AM

haha, what a piece of shit xD

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Why do they even bother associating it with Prey...

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMicky C, on Mar 27 2011, 09:12 AM, said:

Good question, Prey wasn't that successful anyway.
I wonder if Human Head just wanted to work on a completely different game but Bethesda wanted them to make a Prey sequel...

User is offline   LkMax 

News:
http://beefjack.com/...-a-puzzle-game/
Ok, now I'm sure I will NOT buy this sh*t!! If this game had other title I could think about it... But they are selling chickens and calling it hamburgers.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Wow, fuck that. What's the point of even making a Prey "sequel" if it has absolutely nothing in common with the first game?

This is going to flop like Deus Ex: Invisible War flopped, for what are essentially the same reasons. Someone should inform Human Head that April 1st isn't until tomorrow...

You've gotta be kidding...

Who says portals even automatically denotes complex puzzles? The nearsightedness is just oozing all over the place. You'd think this is just the only kind of game they know how to make. Give them the Rainbow Brite IP, and they'll find a way to contort the concept into a Rainbow Six spinoff.

View PostTX, on 31 March 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

Wow, fuck that. What's the point of even making a Prey "sequel" if it has absolutely nothing in common with the first game?

Sounds just like Quake 2, except that game was good.

View PostBam050196, on 31 March 2011 - 03:55 PM, said:

harsh

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostBam050196, on 31 March 2011 - 03:55 PM, said:

Yeah, except Quake didn't have an in-depth storyline that was cast aside when Quake 2 was made. Quake was about, er.. having everything made of polygons. Quake 2 also had polygons. ;) It's not a very good comparison.

View PostTX, on 31 March 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

Yeah, except Quake didn't have an in-depth storyline that was cast aside when Quake 2 was made. Quake was about, er.. having everything made of polygons. Quake 2 also had polygons. ;) It's not a very good comparison.

Aye... I don't think anyone was expecting Quake 2 to be a continuation of Quake 1. That really didn't make sense anyhow. There was really no plot to speak of, no character development to get attached to. Quake was the name of the engine, not the story. Same goes for Unreal.

User is offline   Rellik 

Actually, Unreal 1&2 would be a good comparison. Unreal 1 had a distinct and memorable feel to it that was lost with Unreal 2.

User is offline   Kathy 

Nice small article about ditching portals.
http://www.joystiq.c...avity-gameplay/

This post has been edited by Lotan: 01 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

• Honored Donor

Alright so we're guessing the reason why they're calling it "Prey 2" is because well Prey is kind of a cool name for a bounty hunter game, and the 2 makes it look like to noobs that there must have been a successful first game so this game could be successful too.

User is offline   Alithinos 

Short Comment:

This game is going to have the gameplay of Fallout 3,at a universe that is a rip off of Mass Effect,and the only resemblence with the original will be that the bad aliens are the same.

Explanation:
The open world stracture,the traders,the armors and weapons you buy and upgrade,the side quests are all RPG elements coming from Fallout.
There are multiple alien races,not all of them bad,most humanoid and have human-like habits like going to bars to drink drinks etc.It's too Mass Effect for me.Even some of the races have physical attributes resembling Mass Effect races...

It looks and sounds more like a space-fantasy RPG than a horror-survival FPS.

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostTX, on 31 March 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

Worked for Quake. ;)

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostSebastian, on 03 April 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

Worked for Quake. ;)

Well, I personally disliked the fact that they made a Doom game with aliens and named it Quake. What I wanted was a true Quake sequel with the classic dark atmosphere and theme of the first game, or, even better, a remake of the first one with more detailed storyline and graphics, of course. The "space quakes" were good games at all but they should have created another ip.

View PostSebastian, on 03 April 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

Worked for Quake. ;)

Yeah when the market wasn't completely flooded with FPS games...

I see absolutely nothing even remotely unique about Prey 2. Its as generic as they come now.

User is offline   K100 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostK100, on 04 April 2011 - 08:41 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ya know, come to think of it, maybe there might actually be some smidgen of originality here. Maybe I can just pretend that this is the Boba Fett game that Lucasarts never gave us. ;)

• Honored Donor

The text there is just small enough for me not to be able to read it, even zoomed in, and those shots don't display the game's graphics very well.. Posted Image

User is offline   Green 

http://bethblog.com/...peek-at-prey-2/

User is offline   X-Vector 

That city concept art looks cool, sort of a mix between Blade Runner's L.A., Coruscant and Mega-City One.

Yea, the map design looks like it will be amazing.

View PostMicky C, on 27 March 2011 - 04:12 AM, said:

To boost sales, draw in PC "gamers" who love overrated crap and milk the franchise for every drop of money possible.

View Postblackharted, on 08 April 2011 - 06:25 AM, said:

To boost sales, draw in PC "gamers" who love overrated crap and milk the franchise for every drop of money possible.

I thought the whole reason consoles sell more now is because PC gamers are fussier, which means having to work harder to earn a profit.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postblackharted, on 08 April 2011 - 06:25 AM, said:

Excuse me?
Spoiler

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 08 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

Haha, i guess you are the one thumbing him down strikerman xD

I wonder who the sadistic bastard is who keeps thumbing me down.

This post has been edited by Jhect: 08 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

Heheh, I'm amazed my response to it wasn't more.. colorful. :dukegoof:

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options