View PostHank, on 24 January 2020 - 06:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: whoa.jpg

User is offline   Sanek 

Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

I left an open bag of cat treats on the counter last night, and Cosmo knocked it onto the floor spilling them everywhere. Then he started eating them.

User is offline   Mark 

I pour cat treats into 2 large pill bottles. They stay fresh and when she does her "cat thing" by knocking the bottles to the floor, no spilled treats.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

well, did the media, /media thing in brackets, and I currently want to use the words of a young Ukrainian in the film wristcutters a love story "fuck it all"
My kitty Kat rolling around

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 18 February 2020 - 08:12 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

My longest series of flights ever taken was in 1993. I don't remember how many layovers there was. I do remember why I left though, Al Qaeda had bombed a hotel we stayed at a year earlier. The Movenpick it was called, but as a boy I called it the Nose N Pick. As well as some radicals fired warning shots while we were on the beach. No wonder why they call it the Red Sea.

Posted Image

Aden to Djibouti
Djibouti to Dubai
Dubai to Hong Kong
Hong Kong to Vancouver
Vancouver to Calgary

This post has been edited by Jeff: 20 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

User is offline   Mark 

View PostBalls Of Steel Forever, on 18 February 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

well, did the media, /media thing in brackets, and I currently want to use the words of a young Ukrainian in the film wristcutters a love story "fuck it all"
My kitty Kat rolling around

Thats the first thing my cat does when I let her outside on the back porch. Hot or freezing cold outside she does it. Its always amusing to watch.

User is offline   Mark 

Here is a pic I took last summer in my back yard. My cat spotted a Fat Commander relaxing in the shade and wasn't impressed.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: cat and commander2.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

Posted Image Met forge, it was a good experience. 10/10 would meet again.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

posting pictures of me have a 73.2% chance of being sent to the outhouse.
this is supposed to be a family-friendly forum.

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Cool pic but I hope he asked before posting it because there are bad peoples on the internets.

EDIT: And then there's also the people who aren't on duke4.net

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 22 February 2020 - 10:22 PM, said:

Cool pic but I hope he asked before posting it because there are bad peoples on the internets.

the tweekers down the street will murder me for my fillings before the bad peeps on the internet do me in.
But yes. I took it, gave it to BoS, and told him he could post it if he so desired.

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 February 2020 - 10:26 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Forge has a very common face. I swear I've seen his clone dozens of times. And when Silver was almost $50 an ounce I beat up one of them for his fillings. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Mark: 23 February 2020 - 12:06 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Wish there was some kind of speech to text apps for typing stuff on the internet. Like this message. Typing on a tablet is difficult and slow.

Idk who is the guy on the left, but somehow reminds me of Sean Bean in Game of Thrones.

Also my APOLIGIES to Hank (first image on this page), i was about to add +1 and clicked "-" for mistake, i would like to undo it, Sorry ;(

User is offline   Forge 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 24 February 2020 - 01:47 AM, said:

Idk who is the guy on the left, but somehow reminds me of Sean Bean in Game of Thrones.

some fool made this a long time ago
Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Wow, middle of Friday morning and I'm the only member signed in on duke4.net
Its lonely at the top.

This post has been edited by Mark: 28 February 2020 - 08:02 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMark, on 28 February 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Wow, middle of Friday morning and I'm the only member signed in on duke4.net
Its lonely at the top.
German reply:
Spoiler

• Balls of Steel Forever

Posted Image

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Tomorrow is my nephew's "sixth" birthday. The party is planned to be themed accordingly...

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Does anyone else find that being "sane" requires that one puts on mental blinders to avoid thinking about certain facts?

User is offline   MC84 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 28 February 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

Does anyone else find that being "sane" requires that one puts on mental blinders to avoid thinking about certain facts?

Sure - or to quote Jiddu Krishnamurti " It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

User is offline   Hank 

@ TD – No! Sane is subjective. Humans are natural, vicious predators, thus I expect bad shit to happen, by default.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHank, on 28 February 2020 - 06:04 PM, said:

@ TD – No! Sane is subjective. Humans are natural, vicious predators, thus I expect bad shit to happen, by default.

You say "No", it's subjective, but then you go on to make a statement that invites a definition of sanity based on evolutionary psychology, which is not subjective.

Consider this: If certain thoughts will make me shut down and cease acting in a way that is conducive to my survival, then by your own statement that would NOT be sane, right?

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostTrooper Dan, on 28 February 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

I'm medically not sane, and I don't put mental blinders on to avoid anything.

Being sane is overrated.

User is offline   Forge 

who gets to determine what 'sane' is?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 28 February 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

You say "No", it's subjective, but then you go on to make a statement that invites a definition of sanity based on evolutionary psychology, which is not subjective.

I simply claimed that the term sane is subjective; and hinted why I do not need mental blinders. Also, I have no clue about evolutionary psychology. ;)

View PostTrooper Dan, on 28 February 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

Consider this: If certain thoughts will make me shut down and cease acting in a way that is conducive to my survival, then by your own statement that would NOT be sane, right?

When the proverbial walls close in, and one seeks a way out, that too I consider expected behavior. There are limits on how much bad shit one can take; and those limits vary from person to person. In my books, that person needs some help, needing help sometimes is human. :lol:

Looks like that, to be "sane", you have to think as much as possible like most of the people says, even if is wrong.
If we take Galileo Galilei as example, you may remember that he almost have been killed just because the world always stated that the Sun moves around the Earth, and when he claimed the converse it was like to admit that he was not sane.
Only later the world understood and accepted that it was right.

Now tell me what do you see down here at first glance, after a while you will notice that is not the right answer Posted Image.

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 29 February 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

If we take Galileo Galilei as example, you may remember that he almost have been killed just because the world always stated that the Sun moves around the Earth, and when he claimed the converse it was like to admit that he was not sane.
Only later the world understood and accepted that it was right.

that's a re-write for the progressive narrative.
the church was absolutely willing to accept his theory. (de revolutionibus orbium coelestium' was published in 1543 & didn't get banned until 1616, then 'republished' in 1620 after is was made clear that it was theory)
They simply wanted him to prove it - which he couldn't.
The church university declared that he was crossing over from science to theology, so he then threw a tantrum and started to loudly and publicly criticize religious heads and doctrine. That's what got him locked up & put on house arrest.

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 March 2020 - 08:56 AM

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options