• Speaker of the Outhouse

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 23 March 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostHendricks266, on 23 March 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Holy crap this sounds like something Soule would write for The Elder Scrolls. I think I just cracked his formula!!

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 23 March 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Holy crap this sounds like something Soule would write for The Elder Scrolls. I think I just cracked his formula!!

I don't know about that, but there is one possible lifting by Soule that is likely not lifting and just coincidence.

Listen to the brass at 1:24;

Then listen to the opening chords that also recur througout;

Fucking annoying song, good for pissing people off. If Percy had a theme in the games, I always thought this would be it for some reason, probably because it sounds kind of pompous.

Noticed when I was learning Spiral Mountain a few weeks ago.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 23 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Saw this pop up on my main YouTube feed...
25K views in three days, shit.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 25 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Curiosity killed the cat
Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Rare picture of Fox posting on Duke4
Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I've started modelling. All I've done beforehand was a low-poly wrench for Half-Life and a lame book.

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Every now and then I run across products aimed at the gullible "audiofools" that pay huge amounts of money for hyped up regular products. Like $175 dollar fuses. $100 AC power cable. And this gem for only $3,000. https://www.audiogon...apple-valley-ca

User is offline   Forge 

rare picture of Fox on his first date

Posted Image

View PostMark., on 27 March 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Every now and then I run across products aimed at the gullible "audiofools" that pay huge amounts of money for hyped up regular products. Like $175 dollar fuses. $100 AC power cable. And this gem for only $3,000. https://www.audiogon...apple-valley-ca

I found this a while ago;
Posted Image

http://www.ebay.co.u...4-/252496338377

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHigh Treason, on 27 March 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

I found this a while ago;
http://www.ebay.co.u...4-/252496338377

Why would anyone....?
That seems like one step above this on the legitimate scale
Posted Image

I suppose if you had a fanless system with no hard drive or nothing else spinning up....

or just get a good psu.

This post has been edited by Forge: 27 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. To save writing it out again, from my own board;

Perhaps, but I can't help thinking that it would probably be cheaper and much more effective to simply buy a good power supply in the first place, and if you did use a particularly bad PSU then noise will be the least of your problems in the long run. Seasonic / Corsair supplies at around 800 Watts cost about the same last time I looked. I get what you mean though, it does at least look appealing.

The thought also occurs to me as I write this that PCB fabrication is much cheaper now than it was a few years ago and it would probably also be cheaper to have one made if someone were so inclined. Still, not for me though, my noise problems come from a lack of earthed outlets and won't be solved by installing random capacitor banks on my computers bus.

At the time it was priced higher, so at least they've lowered the cost substantially since them - it was over £200 when I stumbled across it and was completely irrelevant to what I was looking for.

User is offline   Mark 

I have to wonder if there is a chance of doing more harm than good with that filter card. Those caps are being used to bypass noise on the lines to ground. Fine. But could they possibly be shunting part of necessary signal pulses to ground also. Its possible if the wrong choices were made for cap values. Something in its favor is the fact they didn't just load it with all identical caps and values. So hopefully they took it into consideration. I still think its overkill. From my experience with recording over the years and total lack of anyone amateur or professional ever mentioning computer generated hash on their sound card it falls into the category of "audiofool" product.

On a similar note, I did manage to get the noise out of one of the cheap Chinese condenser mics that have flooded the market in the last year or so. Someone had traced it down to lack of flitering at a voltage regulator chip output. Breaking a trace on the board and soldering in a small resistor and cap was all it took.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bm mic.jpg

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

That reminded me of a line from Married with Children. Peggy asked Al why most husbands die before their wives do. He replied "because they want to" :blink:

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 March 2017 - 04:52 AM

User is offline   Loke 

User is offline   Mark 

Looks real good.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

My mother was watching the original IT when I was 7, scared me shitless as I slept with the covers pulled over my head for like 3-4 months which is an eternity to a kid, lol. That was one scary movie. Frick'n giant kid eating demon spider that plays clown mindf*ck games. Damn he has some creepy movies.

This post has been edited by Robman: 30 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I'm glad I haven't watched it when I was a kid, wouldn't want to become coulrophobic, though on the other hand I had plenty of fun when I watched it as a grownup. Are you afraid clowns, Robman?
Spoiler

That said, the trailer is giving me bad impression, I sure do hope the movie won't be full of jumpscare crap which is considered "horror" nowadays and not only that, this actually sounds like remake.

The original had nice trailer.

This one is even better.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 31 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

View PostSledgehammer, on 31 March 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

I'm glad I haven't watched it when I was a kid, wouldn't want to become coulrophobic, though on the other hand I had plenty of fun when I watched it as a grownup.

Pfft, that ain't shit.

By far one of the most morbid kid's films I ever saw, especially looking back at it now, as an adult.

I think the key point is that the clown does not yell. With IT, he yells and laughs all the time whereas with Brave Little Toaster, the clown whispers calmly, thus making it clear he is calling the shots.

Incidentally I'm not scared of clowns at all, actually I like them seeing how they're basically just trolls in real life. They even employ troll physics on a regular basis.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 31 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Well, animation is a whole different level to be fair. With animation you have a lot of freedom, that was especially very true back then in 90s. With books the freedom is even bigger (that of course if you have good imagination).

IT is still pretty good movie and can scare people who don't know about typical scary clown stereotype. Heck, Pennywise looks like actual clown, just like in real life. Robman likely thought of clowns as some friendly and fun guys before that movie, I mean just look at that beginning scene with a girl which smiled when she saw Pennywise. He pretty much acts like actual clown too except he's also a creepy monster. Trailers had plenty of such moments.

Also, is it wrong if I find this scene quite amusing?

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options