Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Jeff 

One thing I really miss from the first few seasons of The Simpsons, especially the ones with the goofy as hell animation from the same studio that brought is Rugrats, are those strange few seconds where it would totally trip out.

View PostSledgehammer, on 31 March 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

Also, is it wrong if I find this scene quite arousing?

There, let me fix that for you.

I still think that even the IT trailer mostly looks like some guy in a clown suit just goofing off. At one point, in the library, the character even tries to ignore him and does fairly well.
With the toaster, the clown doesn't even attempt to kill "Toaster" at any point, instead he leaves him on the curtain rail as if to say "How badly do you want to live Toaster? What's that? You're slipping? Oh, well, I guess you don't want to live that badly then do you." leaving the final blow to be inflicted by Toaster's grip failing. Pure evil, he even ascends from hell at the very start.

I swear ever character in this movie has issues, from the air conditioner to the TV. Poor Toaster is probably the most balanced of them all.
Odd to think it's largely the people who would form Pixar just a few years later. Behind the scenes they were already playing with CGI around the time of this movie, 1987. And Disney laughed at them. Ha, just think if Cars had been like this;

- Probably truck suicide at around 5:06 for good measure. I feel bad for kids now, all their TV and movies are too nice, too sterile and their education isn't much better. The real world will break them so hard when they grow up and it's not right. Things like this movie served to show that the world sucks ass sometimes, shit things happen and people can do shitty things, but it did so in a safe environment. Kids today don't have that, they'll have to face the meat grinder completely unprepared.

Anyway, clowns. Yeah, they still don't scare me. Fuck knows. Maybe it's the carny blood, those people are far more worrisome than clowns.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

The times are different nowadays, another reason why everyone is making shitty reboots/remakes, people experimented a lot back then, now movie industry is about playing safe and nothing else, animation is even in worse condition, it's all about CGI or shitty tumblr hipster crap. But mostly it's two players in charge as far as I know when it comes to animation: Disney (probably the main reason why everyone is using CGI instead of traditional animation) and Dreamworks.

Japan is more lucky of course. But I pity you, mainly because I find some of the animated movies and series quite enjoyable and it's pain in the ass to find them, especially old stuff.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 01 April 2017 - 05:24 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

Bad April Fool's joke. My washing machine died and I didn't realize it was still in the rinse cycle when it happened. Around 10-15 liters of water spilled on my laminate floor. The motor gave out on it.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 01 April 2017 - 07:41 AM

User is online   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Posted Image

User is offline   stumppy84 

Hahha, at least he didn't get all defensive.

User is offline   Mark 

I answered correctly on 39 out of 50 general knowledge questions. I feel pretty smart considering I graduated from high school 41 years ago. It might have been 42 but I second guessed myself on 3 questions. I should have gone with my gut instinct.
http://definition.or...ducation-level/

This post has been edited by Mark.: 04 April 2017 - 04:24 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMark., on 04 April 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

I answered correctly on 39 out of 50 general knowledge questions. I feel pretty smart considering I graduated from high school 41 years ago. It might have been 42 but I second guessed myself on 3 questions. I should have gone with my gut instinct.
http://definition.or...ducation-level/

been out of school for over 30 years, so I'm not feeling bad if I don't know how many bug species in the world there are.

User is offline   Mark 

Yep. I answered wrong on that insect question, 1 of the shakespere questions, the book author question, I forgot which others.

User is offline   Jeff 

Ouch

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I wish!

Posted Image

And no, I'm not scared of clowns :blink:

I took that test, got the first 10 correct and then the website had some 502 error, I broke it with my rare genius.

This post has been edited by Robman: 04 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's probably interpreting it as the value of all of weebly.com.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostHendricks266, on 04 April 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

It's probably interpreting it as the value of all of weebly.com.

Yep, and I doubt my forum on proboards is worth 950k, lol.
Sucks how it mixes the stats together like that.

Even with independent hosting I still often see my DNS's stats or those of the secret registration service instead of my own. Not sure what to make of this one though;

Attached Image: FRWT.png

Either way, glad I ran that as it shows me a few things I otherwise wouldn't have picked up on. I doubt this is at all accurate to be honest. Otherwise it is irrelevant as the site is practically free to host by this point, the only shit thing was losing my old IP, I loved that IP because it was easy to remember - it was 77.86.40.60, but the stupid condescending engineer from our single ISP lost me it as well as putting a sizeable hole in my crappy stud walls that they won't fix, leaving the socket hanging off the end of a wire in the corner of the room where a door intercepts it. Fucking stud walls, who the hell builds walls out of 4mm panels with 1x2 studs placed 3-4 feet apart? I want my concrete back!

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

What does Randy have resting against his head?

User is online   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is online   Lunick 

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

If the story is true, my racist guesses would be some country with a high number of Muslim immigrants, regular French guys, or in the core of a major city in the US

Or it could have happened all at one construction site anywhere.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 07 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

The truth is, it happened in her mind.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSledgehammer, on 07 April 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

The truth is, it happened in her mind.

imaginary rape culture

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 08 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options