• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

"JACK OFF WITH THIS?! BUT EDDY...THIS IS TOOTHPASTE!"

This post has been edited by Viper The Rapper: 21 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Looks like I'm 25 today. Who wants to give me birthday donkey punches?

User is offline   Jeff 

Just had an election in Calgary. Nenshi mopped the floor against the other candidates, but the guy I voted for in Ward 8 (where I live) his councillor seat. It was close though.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 21 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

User is offline   faked 

:PAttached Image: worst.jpg

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I'm unsure in which direction to read this story. Innovative 4/5.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I composed this piece for two hands on piano. If anyone has two minutes, feedback would be much appreciated.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Are you reading off sheet music or did you memorize all that? If you are new to composing then this is very good and your future looks fruitful. When I'm not looking off my phone at 6 o clock in the morning and I have my guitar in front of me, I'll be able to understand it in more detail and analyze the key and chord progression. There are some parts where the left hand isn't playing simple major/minor arpeggios and I want to make sure you understand the difference.

Come to think of it, I should start uploading my own compositions too.

• Weaponized Autism

My procedure for recording the piece was messing around with a MIDI keyboard until I found what I liked for the next phrase, then recording the bit into Sekaiju. While it is me playing in the sense of the recorded inexact timings and note velocities, what you're hearing is the resulting MIDI played through the SGM soundfont, then passed through some reverb.

I've studied music theory, so I threw in some diminished chords in places and other things that sounded OK but I don't know the names for.

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

http://www.reddit.com/r/woahdude

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostHendricks266, on 22 October 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

I composed this piece for two hands on piano. If anyone has two minutes, feedback would be much appreciated.

that transition at 1:00 sounds forced and doesn't flow well
as far as the song, it sounds like a Moonlight Sonata knockoff

• Weaponized Autism

View PostForge, on 23 October 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

as far as the song, it sounds like a Moonlight Sonata knockoff

Ah shit, I didn't think of that.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Lol. The diminished chords were what I was concerned about. Well as long as you know that you're doing those then that's ok.

And that transition at 1:00 is caused by switching from 6/8 to 4/4. It would work a lot better if your switch was instant instead of slowly working into the new time signature imo.

This post has been edited by Radar: 23 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

God damn last night was weird. My buddy gets dumped at 5PM and then at midnight two of my other friends come THIS close to breaking up. What the fuck?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

stop molestering your buddies and their girlfriends will stop getting jealous

I'm trying but it's so hard.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Hendricks, I listened to the song again on my desktop and I find the composition to be very good for a beginner. There are some things I would recommend though. When beginning to compose a song, try as hard as you can to understand the basic chord progression first, then come up with chord variants if you must. The "diminished" (not really, but closest to it) at 0:24 and the sus4 at 1:44 could be written as basic major/minor that relate to the piece much more, but instead they throw off the musicality a bit imo.

Some things I like a lot: the switch between time signatures in the middle of the song. For a relatively simple song in rhythm (not so much in chord progression - either or it's not necessarily a bad thing), it was nice to shift away from the left hand arpeggios for a little bit. I also enjoyed the sudden switch to C major at the end; good contrast for a song that's dominantly in C minor.

Another tip: execution is just as important as writing the piece. This song could probably stand another take or two :P. If piano isn't your forte, then I wouldn't sweat it (I'm not too good at it either), but if your plan is to make it your area of expertise, then keep practicing. You can write music, so the talent is definitely there. Now it's up to you to develop it. :P

Here are my two latest pieces that I'm trying to teach my band. The songs weren't originally composed by me, but they were rearranged by me with very little referral to the original pieces other than the basic melody. I also have this video on YouTube of my latest arrangement for guitar, based on a song a friend of mine wrote.

This post has been edited by Radar: 23 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Did this in my HTML class since we were doing fuck all

Posted Image

I've never shaded in pen before, but I think it actually kinda looks like the actual sprite a bit when you zoom out

That's really good.

Posted Image
What the fuck is this shit, lol
I have been blocked for 12 hours from posting for telling someone to block someone... not sure which community standard that breaches.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 24 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

User is offline   faked 

:PAttached Image: coffee.jpg

User is offline   blackhatred 

• Dumbfuck Wannabe

View PostThe Commander, on 24 October 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

What the fuck is this shit, lol
I have been blocked for 12 hours from posting for telling someone to block someone... not sure which community standard that breaches.
You had it comming for a long time. I'm actually wondering why they give only 12h bans. It's a joke. For such behaviour they should ban you for at least a week. Who uses facebook anyway these days? It's so old and sad. I log in once a year just to delete crappy messages lol.

• Dumbfuck Wannabe

View PostBloodshot, on 23 October 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Did this in my HTML class since we were doing fuck all

Posted Image

I've never shaded in pen before, but I think it actually kinda looks like the actual sprite a bit when you zoom out
I see a great potential in you! That HTML class must have been very sad.

View Postblackhatred, on 24 October 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

You had it comming for a long time. I'm actually wondering why they give only 12h bans. It's a joke. For such behaviour they should ban you for at least a week.

Clearly again you have failed to read English.
As I stated I told someone to just block the person as that person was harassing them. This is down to Facebooks failure of automation of comments or some shit.

Not that I am into the whole kickstarter thing, but this is one project I would back.

http://www.kickstart...inues-webseries

This post has been edited by The Commander: 24 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

• Dumbfuck Wannabe

View PostThe Commander, on 24 October 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Clearly again you have failed to read English.
As I stated I told someone to just block the person as that person was harassing them. This is down to Facebooks failure of automation of comments or some shit.
I understood that perfectly. Encouraging someone to block someone is also a form of harassment against the person that is meant to be blocked. And so it should be punished :P

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options