Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 737 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Hank 

She (woman) found the bear as a motherless little pup and nurtured/raised it. :D

User is offline   Mark 

I'll bet the breast feeding phase was brutal.

User is offline   Hank 

Looks like I’m the only one who is green of envy for her free life. Try to nurture a bear like that anywhere in the US or Canada.

User is offline   Mark 

About 2 weeks ago I had a heart attack and was rushed to ER for surgery. Given a bunch of meds and sent home a few days later. I got almost zero sleep those nights at the hospital and it continues now that I have returned home. If that wasn't bad enough, I woke Tuesday morning to full fledged covid symptoms. Thanks a lot hospital for the parting gift.

My reason for this post is to mention my newfound understanding of mental illness. I seem to be powerless to control. this is really weird. As I lay awake for hours every night my mind settles itself into a looping Mapster session.

The other thing which bothers me more is my loss of appetite. I've dropped 12 pounds already from not eating. I try to force something down and every now and then I am successful with a few mouthfuls. But the rest of the time is me feeling like I'm going puke just thinking about food.

So between the weird dream when awake or sleeping, the nausea when thinking about food and almost no sleep it feels like things are out of my control. I'm not used to this AT ALL. I'm watching myself slip into a funk. Its my hope that after I get over the covid phase there will be improvement. I'm not getting hopes up real high because my med's side effects may be the cause of some of my many symptoms.

This post has been edited by Mark: 07 August 2022 - 06:49 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMark, on 07 August 2022 - 06:07 AM, said:

About 2 weeks ago I had a heart attack and was rushed to ER for surgery. Given a bunch of meds and sent home a few days later. I got almost zero sleep those nights at the hospital and it continues now that I have returned home. If that wasn't bad enough, I woke Tuesday morning to full fledged covid symptoms. Thanks a lot hospital for the parting gift.

My reason for this post is to mention my newfound understanding of mental illness. I seem to be powerless to control. this is really weird. As I lay awake for hours every night my mind settles itself into a looping Mapster session.

The other thing which bothers me more is my loss of appetite. I've dropped 12 pounds already from not eating. I try to force something down and every now and then I am successful with a few mouthfuls. But the rest of the time is me feeling like I'm going puke just thinking about food.

So between the weird dream when awake or sleeping, the nausea when thinking about food and almost no sleep it feels like things are out of my control. I'm not used to this AT ALL. I'm watching myself slip into a funk. Its my hope that after I get over the covid phase there will be improvement. I'm not getting hopes up real high because my med's side effects may be the cause of some of my many symptoms.

Sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having & glad that you recovered from the more serious bits of it.

If these symptoms are new, then something new introduced them - that would be your meds.
Ask your pharmacist for a different prescription.

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 August 2022 - 07:22 AM

User is online   ck3D 

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems Mark and hope you get well again quick. I'm also worried about your loss of appetite since as new age as that might sound to some I'm a firm believer that you are what you eat and put inside your body, perhaps the rejection is your body saying how right now it really needs the nutrients from a different kind of food or diet you're trying to give it, but generally speaking I believe in health via diet over health via meds (mostly before the fact of course), I would recommend researching that type of stuff when you can. Looking forward to hearing about your recovery and sending good thoughts.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark, on 07 August 2022 - 06:07 AM, said:

I don't check this thread much, but I just saw this and I hope you are healing up. If the loss of appetite continues and it is not explained by medication you are on or covid, then if possible imo you should get a thorough vetting for other issues. Sorry to be morbid but my father recently passed away. He was suffering from cancer but it was a heart attack that did him in. Cancer can present in all kinds of ways and put stress on your body that can lead to heart attacks loss of appetite etc. Medical professionals are competent on the average but they are busy people who generally only have time to deal with the problem right in front of them. I hope you have a strong advocate in your corner who can nag and help get some additional tests done.

User is offline   Sangman 

Sorry to hear about that, hope you'll pull through alright. I have no advice to give.

User is offline   Mark 

I was hoping I could tough it out until the covid issues are over, then whatever remains must be the meds. Both show as possible sources for my symptoms. So far the doc has been hesitant to start playing around with different meds. I'm thinking its getting to the point of having to. Covid could be with me another week or two. Muscle tremors are getting worse. Sometimes can barely keep a glass of water still enough to drink. Also have a 6 day fever that won't go away with tylenol

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMark, on 08 August 2022 - 04:21 AM, said:

I was hoping I could tough it out until the covid issues are over, then whatever remains must be the meds. Both show as possible sources for my symptoms. So far the doc has been hesitant to start playing around with different meds. I'm thinking its getting to the point of having to. Covid could be with me another week or two. Muscle tremors are getting worse. Sometimes can barely keep a glass of water still enough to drink. Also have a 6 day fever that won't go away with tylenol

that's not good.
don't know the medical red tape you'd have to jump through, but you may try going to the emergency room with your symptoms and attempt to get a referral or second opinion

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 August 2022 - 06:41 AM

I realize this might not be possible with you having covid, but see if you can't get a nurse or at least a neighbor to help you out. Having someone else making your food for you in this state could be a godsend if standing up and doing things is contributing to your nausea. Also, you're pooping, right? Because that can be a contributing factor to nausea, and in that state you really don't want to be constipated.

User is offline   Šneček 

A kit that trains people's (children's) dexterity caught my eye, so I bought it for myself for my birthday the day before yesterday. Entertaining!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Nepojmenovaný 3.jpg
  • Attached Image: 298731549_1131703177471199_5949239464769256213_n.jpg

Share this topic:

• 737 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options