Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 727 Pages +
  • « First
  • 719
  • 720
  • 721
  • 722
  • 723
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Futa Orc 

  • blocked and reported!

#21601

Definitive proof that video games have a negative effect on children:

https://twitter.com/...425660273307649
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21602

Posted Image
1

User is offline   LeoD 

  • Duke4.net topic/3513

#21603

https://forums.duke4.net/public/style_images/cgs/snapback.png' alt='View Post' />Forge, on 06 August 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Does it blend with the WTC 9/11 edition?
0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21604

View PostLeoD, on 07 August 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Does it blend with the WTC 9/11 edition?

I think it does.

but it already blends almost perfectly with the Oklahoma city bombing edition.

Except the Beirut edition comes with bags of ammonium nitrate that come with warning labels explaining proper storage, and doesn't come with a truck or domestic terrorist.

Also the west fertilizer company explosion is even more of a perfect fit.

They're pretty much the same thing, except the Beirut explosion comes with alot more pieces and they have a different name on the box.

Or, The AZF chemical factory, which again, is smaller, but you can definitely mix and match.

You would assume these companies would learn from others past mistakes,
but as we all know, consumerism like love, is blind.

This post has been edited by The Overman: 07 August 2020 - 07:32 PM

0

User is offline   Hank 

#21605

University of Illinois woke math curriculum.
2+2=4 is global white supremacy doctrines. 2+2=5 can be true sometimes, and 2+2=4 is not always correct.

https://www.thecolle...etimes-equal-5/

Thus 1+1+1=2 Two regular bears and one white bear are obviously 2 bears.

Attached Image: 2Bears.jpg
0

User is offline   Futa Orc 

  • blocked and reported!

#21606

Posted Image
0

User is offline   X-Vector 

#21607


Just say "no".
0

User is offline   Sanek 

#21608

Some old snapshot of New Yoik. I wonder if it'll fit in any way if you chop it and use it as skybox in Duke?

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: NYK.jpg

0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21609

I didn't make this, I found this
http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/wait-the-always-has-been-meme-is-still-funny-always-has-been-46-memes.jpeg
Obviously this doesn't apply legitimately to anyone, but I found it funny
0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21610

I know people here aren't into cancel culture,
aren't into Social justice Warmongering,
and I don't want to egg anyone on to do anything

Almost everything in this subreddit is an inaccurate portrayal of schizophrenia. It perpetuates negative and false stigma by allowing display of a certain stereotype.
Even if it was accurate making light of or making jest of someones illness should not be seen and upheld as a form of entertainment.

This is the subreddit so you can see for yourself
This is reddits content policy
This is how you can report the subreddit if you choose to

I've already reported the subreddit but given that they probably get shitloads of these reports a day valid or invalid
because it's a broken system

it's probably being tossed to the wayside,

Something like this should simply in my opinion, not exist.
and obviously I think it's important as I wouldn't post it here,
if you agree with me, I've given you the means to act
if you disagree, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

This post has been edited by The Overman: 19 August 2020 - 10:28 PM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#21611

View PostThe Overman, on 19 August 2020 - 10:25 PM, said:



I looked at it a bit. It's about vehicles that have an excessive amount of messaging on them. It clearly has nothing to do with schizophrenia, but someone thought it would be cute to name the subreddit that. It's the name of the subreddit that's at issue. People in it (that I saw) are not making claims about mental illness and I doubt that they actually believe that the vehicle owners are schizophrenic.

It's reasonable to ask that the name of it be changed, but the posts themselves are fine (from what I saw).
2

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21612

View PostDanukem, on 19 August 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

I looked at it a bit. It's about vehicles that have an excessive amount of messaging on them. It clearly has nothing to do with schizophrenia, but someone thought it would be cute to name the subreddit that. It's the name of the subreddit that's at issue. People in it (that I saw) are not making claims about mental illness and I doubt that they actually believe that the vehicle owners are schizophrenic.

It's reasonable to ask that the name of it be changed, but the posts themselves are fine (from what I saw).

That is fair
however the mod himself in his
pinned post links a bunch of similar subreddits that don't have the name
r/infowarriorrides is literally the source of posts for
r/schizophreniarides most of the time

I don't have any problem with the moderator,
he seems fine,
I said the same thing to him, he agreed with me
and said I shouldn't be there

Which I agree with
the fact that I shouldn't be there

but nonetheless it shouldn't be tied with schizophrenia,
if it wasn't there'd be no issue
There are people from the schizophrenia subreddit including myself that have confronted people in there,
and they were bedazzled that it wasn't an accurate representation,
which was very shocking to be honest, and a bit sad, becuase they seemed nice, just clearly ignorant.
although you may assume as I did that they don't think a certain way at least some of them do,
and this subreddit doesn't at all aid them in obtaining an accurate, healthy ,sensible, or reasonable portrayal of the illness,


And again I didn't want to force anyones hand which is why I linked the subreddit itself so people could make their own decision.

Anyways a subreddit ban wouldn't ban the people afaik
all I know is the mod can't delete it
I can't even delete mine
I just learned that
and the mod can't change the name either

So it falls upon the reddit mods

This post has been edited by The Overman: 20 August 2020 - 12:00 AM

0

User is online   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #21613

View PostR A D A Я, on 20 August 2020 - 03:36 AM, said:

>backseat moderating

>reporting an injustice to the authorities
1

User is offline   Jeff 

#21614

Uh oh, not good...
Attached Image: nas_drive_fail.png
0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21615

View PostJeff, on 21 August 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Uh oh, not good...
Attachment nas_drive_fail.png

That doesn't look good,
but that's why I pay money to have a rudimentary backup on mega
and a backup on an external ssd,
(albeit both are expensive)
I hope it goes well
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21616

ISP gives me "unlimited data" although it probably won't let me upload 9 TB of data.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 22 August 2020 - 02:57 PM

0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21617

View PostJeff, on 22 August 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

ISP gives me "unlimited data" although it probably won't let me upload 9 TB of data.

https://www.backblaz...arge_files.html

https://www.backblaz...ge-pricing.html

It does let you but it looks like extra costs are associated.

I might be wrong as personal backup and b2storage seem to be totally different products.

https://uk.pcmag.com...19996/backblaze

since pcmag doesn't denote any extra costs and denotes a poor user experience as the main reason for a poor review
I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to backup 9TB

This post has been edited by The Overman: 22 August 2020 - 03:24 PM

0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21618

Wrong sub

This post has been edited by The Overman: 22 August 2020 - 05:45 PM

0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21619


0

User is offline   Sanek 

#21620

Coffee. Love it and hate it. Had a cup last evening so it'll stimulate me during the next 5 hours before I go to bed. Instead it only started its effect 5 hours later and I didn't sleep the night like at all. Great.
0

#21621

Jackie Chan losing his mansion that a big shocker right there.
0

User is offline   Futa Orc 

  • blocked and reported!

#21622

https://i.redd.it/7em1ncehbqk51.jpg
-1

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21623

very inaccurate depiction

no real redneck would put bumper stickers across their pickup tailgate in a way that would prevent said redneck from opening the tailgate without ripping their precious decals
4

#21624

View PostForge, on 02 September 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

very inaccurate depiction

no real redneck would put bumper stickers across their pickup tailgate in a way that would prevent said redneck from opening the tailgate without ripping their precious decals

In other words: fake news propaganda.
0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21625

View PostForge, on 02 September 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

very inaccurate depiction

no real redneck would put bumper stickers across their pickup tailgate in a way that would prevent said redneck from opening the tailgate without ripping their precious decals

https://i.imgur.com/CjdsYQR.jpg
However
https://i.imgur.com/8vZjhGy.jpg
3

#21626

I'm not sure where to post this, but I checked the AMC today, and it seems dead. I hadn't post there in at least 8 years, but it still has its place in my heart as my first exposure to this community. Alejandro, Grijan, James, Sang, Mikko, Stef, Fakir, LAW, the Oostrums etc. Most of them disappeared.

This post has been edited by The Watchtower: 03 September 2020 - 10:32 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21627

the Oostrums both just released maps recently.
James and Sang are still working on the next addition to AMC TC
Mikko is still friends wih James and Sang and stays in contact with them

the rest I haven't heard from in awhile

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 September 2020 - 10:48 PM

1

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

  • Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

#21628

View PostForge, on 02 September 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

very inaccurate depiction

no real redneck would put bumper stickers across their pickup tailgate in a way that would prevent said redneck from opening the tailgate without ripping their precious decals

As if these lunatics know how the world works outside of their bubble.
2

User is online   ck3D 

#21629

View PostSanek, on 01 September 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Coffee. Love it and hate it. Had a cup last evening so it'll stimulate me during the next 5 hours before I go to bed. Instead it only started its effect 5 hours later and I didn't sleep the night like at all. Great.


I drink so much coffee (I literally keep making more throughout the day without counting) I can barely feel the effects of caffeine anymore which is both a shame and a blessing. Kind of weird the effect kicked in so late for you here, maybe it just lasted for a while and you just didn't feel it at first (when you were active and until you tried sleeping that is). My worst coffee story was in Bali I think, just prior to hitting the airport and leave back home I found a restaurant that had infinite coffee refills with cafetieres just sitting there, I had a few hours to kill so I sipped through many, many cups then left and then only in the bus to the airport the effect of it all suddenly kicked in at once. I was sweating and having palpitations and even though I never get anxiety, that's the only time I suffered the closest thing to such an attack because it was just such a vicious circle with the worst timing ever, having to go through security and everything feeling so much stress even though I usually never give a shit about flying anywhere otherwise. I had to pass out for hours once aboard to wake up feeling somewhat fresh. Not as bad as the time I got food poisoning at the airport just before departing South America (IIRC roughly a 30-hour ride counting all the connections everywhere and means of public transportation) and had to get a sketchy shot of something, though, that fucking sucked.

Apparently it can actually be pretty cool to get coffee just prior to taking a nap, too. I have a friend who keeps doing it saying he then gets a different type of sleep and then wakes up only half an hour later but with their head cleared. I've tried it before but I don't think I'm sensitive enough to caffeine for that to work with me.

And about AMC, yeah, it went down a while ago actually. The Watchtower, most of the members you mentioned are still (more or less) on here though.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 04 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

1

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21630

View Postck3D, on 04 September 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

I drink so much coffee (I literally keep making more throughout the day without counting) I can barely feel the effects of caffeine anymore which is both a shame and a blessing. Kind of weird the effect kicked in so late for you here, maybe it just lasted for a while and you just didn't feel it at first (when you were active and until you tried sleeping that is). My worst coffee story was in Bali I think, just prior to hitting the airport and leave back home I found a restaurant that had infinite coffee refills with cafetieres just sitting there, I had a few hours to kill so I sipped through many, many cups then left and then only in the bus to the airport the effect of it all suddenly kicked in at once. I was sweating and having palpitations and even though I never get anxiety, that's the only time I suffered the closest thing to such an attack because it was just such a vicious circle with the worst timing ever, having to go through security and everything feeling so much stress even though I usually never give a shit about flying anywhere otherwise. I had to pass out for hours once aboard to wake up feeling somewhat fresh. Not as bad as the time I got food poisoning at the airport just before departing South America (IIRC roughly a 30-hour ride counting all the connections everywhere and means of public transportation) and had to get a sketchy shot of something, though, that fucking sucked.

Apparently it can actually be pretty cool to get coffee just prior to taking a nap, too. I have a friend who keeps doing it saying he then gets a different type of sleep and then wakes up only half an hour later but with their head cleared. I've tried it before but I don't think I'm sensitive enough to caffeine for that to work with me.

I am the prime example of a former caffeine abuser.

My daily caffeine intake was ~1500 mg of caffeine.
5 caffeine pills and 32 oz of cold brew.

even when I was taking in excess of 2200 mg, it was literally just a normal day for me.
caffeine has little to no effect on me anymore,
I took it because of the crash mainly
so I could get better sleep.

I developed hypertension,
and was recommended by my doctors to lower my caffeine usage,
got sleeping pills to solve the insomnia issue.

The high amount of seroquel causes me to be groggy though,
and 400 mg seems to help fight that grogginess just enough to make it tolerable,
so I just take 2 caffeine pills a day.

Nutricost, and bulk supplements from amazon have the least amount of filler,
and are cheaper and more convenient in the long run then coffee or other alternatives,
(besides caffeine powder and liquid derivatives which I don't recommend as very little can kill you)
1 pill is about 3-6 cents on amazon and is equivalent to ~2-2.5 8 oz. cups of regular coffee.
in comparison 2 8 oz. cups of coffee made with folgers when bought in bulk from amazon is ~7-8 cents for 2 cups,
and caffeine pills offer a more consistent output then energy drinks, coffee, tea, whatever.

This post has been edited by The Overman: 04 September 2020 - 04:31 PM

0

Share this topic:


  • 727 Pages +
  • « First
  • 719
  • 720
  • 721
  • 722
  • 723
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options