Duke4.net Forums: BUG REPORTS - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BUG REPORTS

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've found two glitches in the first level of the WGRealms episode, well the first I'm not so sure about, when you use the camera screens above the buttons, a sort of laughing sound plays, it just sounds like the wrong sound is being played.
The second bug is that when playing as Jedrick, although in F7 mode you see Jedrick how he's supposed to look, when you see the player sprite with the camera, it's good ol' duke. These are minor bugs which don't affect gameplay and only really affect this level so it's not a big deal.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

With the initial release of WGR2 1.2 the "MUSICSWITCH 2952" in my map were working as normal.
But with the update applied they don't seem to respond any more. I confirmed this by removing the "WGR2GAME.con" from the WGR2 folder.

Were there any changes made to this actor?
I was using them with the "EXTRA to 1" feature so no lotag was needed.

EDIT: Looking over the latest GAME.CON compared to the one in the .grp.

case MUSICSWITCH

ifvarn activator 0
{
	checkactivatormotion activator
	ifvare RETURN YES setvar mtype 1
	// ifvarand monstflags 1 ifvarvare player[THISACTOR].cursectnum sprite[THISACTOR].sectnum setvar mtype 1
	ifvare mtype 1
	{
		getuserdef[THISACTOR].volume_number temp
		setuserdef[THISACTOR].volume_number 0
		starttrackvar hitag
		setuserdef[THISACTOR].volume_number temp
		ifvarvarn hitag LEVEL setvarvar music2 hitag else
		setvar music2 0
		setvar activator 0
	}
}

The line that has been commented out is what has stopped my MUSICSWITCH from working, I assume this was all done to fix the music bug reported in the previous page?

This post has been edited by The Commander: 14 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Commander, on Mar 14 2011, 10:43 AM, said:

The line that has been commented out is what has stopped my MUSICSWITCH from working, I assume this was all done to fix the music bug reported in the previous page?

Sort of. Actually, the bug was fixed elsewhere, and the line being commented out was a leftover that I forgot to undo from when I was testing the fix. You can uncomment the line and it should work fine.

I thought it would to, but they all keep playing that music file from when you first get the chainsaw in the HUB map.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 14 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Commander, on Mar 14 2011, 01:21 PM, said:

I thought it would to, but they all keep playing that music file from when you first get the chainsaw in the HUB map.

After so many mistakes, my confidence is not very high right now. Maybe you could check the attachment and see if that finally fixes the problems.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 14 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

Including: WGR2DEFS.CON (69801 bytes)
Including: WGR2USER.CON (78850 bytes)
WGR2GAME.con: In state `glasscode2':
WGR2GAME.con:21526: error: parameter `STAINEDGLASS19' is undefined.
WGR2GAME.con: In actor `STAINEDGLASS19':
WGR2GAME.con:21559: error: parameter `STAINEDGLASS19' is undefined.
WGR2GAME.con: In actor `BARBSTATUE':
WGR2GAME.con:33905: warning: `nullop' found without `else'
WGR2GAME.con:33905: warning: empty `ifcount' branch
Found 2 warning(s), 2 error(s).

EDIT: I see why that has happened. Ill define it in the DEFS. Just not to sure which tile it is though so ill make it random for now.

EDIT 2: It does not seem to fix it, I made a basic test map with two sectors, one contains the musicswitch, the other the player starts in.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 14 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

I updated my last attachment so it includes ALL the CONs (I had forgotten that other stuff had changed already).

The MUSICSWITCH should work as a touchplate, but you have to set its Extra to 1, and make sure that the lotag is 0. If the lotag is set, it will try to be the activation type and it won't work like a touchplate.

Damn, still no dice for me.
Can you please try the attached map and tell me if you hear a different song for each sector.
They are numbered the same as the hitag. All have no lotag set and an extra of 1.

Attached File(s)

• Duke Plus Developer

It's finally working now. It was something stupid -- the code that loaded hitag off the sprite did nothing unless lotag had been set.

Attached File(s)

Thanks man, that works great now.
I don't suppose I could trouble you some more by increasing the use of this actor by:

The actor stays alive if the "XVEL is set to 1" it will then check to see which hitag (tracK) is currently playing, if the track does not equal the current hitag, then switch to the new one.

In n00b terms, I could have one song play in a room if the player enters it, then a new song in another room, but play the first song again if the player enters the first room again.

If it is to much trouble I will just copy the current MUSICSWITCH code and make the changes and insert it as a new actor in the my CON which reads along side your one.

I played through the "WG Realms" episode today with Jedrik, and there's a serious game breaker inside involving the Armageddon Sword's special attack and a Quad Damage being active at the same time. The last few bosses found in Pyramid Cress basically can be one-shotted with a Quadded Armageddon Sword. I suspect the amount of damage that gets dealt is 200% the boss's meter. I think all the enemies in the game can be effected by this.

• Duke Plus Developer

You are right, because the quad multiplier is applied after the initial damage is calculated and in a separate part of the code. I'm not even sure how to fix it at the moment, but I'll come up with something. EDIT: I'll make the attack do less damage when quad is on, so that when it gets multiplied it will do the correct amount.

What's funny is that someone was complaining just a few days ago about how it seemed impossible to win using Jedrik. Of course I pointed out that the Armageddon Sword was his best weapon. Little did I know that its special attack was a one-hit kill!

I don't consider this to be horribly serious, though, because most players don't know how to use Jedrik and don't bother trying to learn (as proven by the fact that you were the only person to notice the bug).

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 16 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

The attached CONs should fix it.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   E.C.S 

Call me crazy but... I still forgetting rescue Jedrik... I never used Jedrik in WG Realms... ok better I should go to rescue him before he dies of starve... poor guy...

User is offline   Garland 

Totally loving this TC, excellent job guys. Can't seem to finish the first chapter though due to (possible) bugs. Was this game designed to be played on a specific difficulty? I'm currently playing on 'Let's Rock', and in the fourth level promptly after the wizard freezes the land there is a figure-eight shaped series of corridors and a door, after killing the only two enemies in the area the door doesn't open, checking the playthrough there are a number of extra monsters and the door opens no problem. To get past this little hitch I used noclip, but then in an area not much further ahead (2 cyberdemon statues, a couple of stairways with a chest and quad damage) the enemies in the area don't drop the energy orbs to awaken the cyberdemons like in the playthrough. Just wondering if these are all problems because I'm playing on a low difficulty and should restart on the hardest?

Excellent work besides these, I'll be starting it again on the hardest difficulty in the meantime, see if I can't progress. :D

User is offline   Spiker 

The difficulty doesn't matter as far as level scripting/progrssion is concerned. You might have missed something obvious or there really was some bug.

Well I thought I had missed something obvious aswell at first, but the first instance with the monsters and the door, I retraced, reloaded and restarted that level from scratch half a dozen times or so and thoroughly checked the area in conjunction with studying the playthrough, there was an additional spider, an exploding flying skull, and a small pack of demon grunts (hell knight head + doom marine sprite enemies, apologies if they have official names, i'm unaware of them) in the playthrough video for that portion of the level which upon dying opened the door, in my playthrough, only a single spider, ghost and the dividing slime monster spawned in that portion of the map, hence wondering about difficulty levels preventing the spawn of the sufficient enemies.

As for the next area, I killed everything in a number of different ways, and no energy orbs seem to be present from any of the monsters in the area, i even resorted to killing everything in the exact same order as the playthrough, but again the number of monsters in the area were decidedly reduced so I assumed it was the difficulty issue.

I'm still not ruling out an error on my part somewhere though as I've had no issues whatsoever up until that point and not found anyone else having similar issues. I just want to progress, I tried cheating to give me the orbs but it just felt so wrong, especially after noclipping to get through a prior door aswell, I want to do it as intended.

• Duke Plus Developer

Do you have a saved game file for that level from before you got stuck? If you could zip it and attach it, I can check it out.

It is possible that something got messed up in the most recent release that broke the level. Almost all of the playtesting was aimed at the new material. I'm not even sure that any of the testers played though that first episode for the last release. Still, it is strange that no one else has complained.

As Spiker said, difficulty levels in WGR2 should not have any effect on how many monsters are in the level. That first episode was tested a lot during the initial releases, and any problem having to do with difficulty settings would have been discovered long ago. So if there is a bug, it must have been introduced during one of the newer releases. If I have time, I will try playing through it again myself.

No problem, attached are two saves from that level, one at the beginning of the level after a death, and one moments before the troubled door.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  WGR2.zip (7.98MB)
    Number of downloads: 803

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGarland, on 20 June 2011 - 05:42 AM, said:

No problem, attached are two saves from that level, one at the beginning of the level after a death, and one moments before the troubled door.

After a death? That could be the problem. So if I understand correctly, you died and then selected "restart level" instead of loading your last saved game, right?

For one of the saves, yes, since it was another avenue to try and see if it worked, the other is a normal save where i'd not done that.

• Duke Plus Developer

Sorry, I can't load the saved games because they were created using an older version of eduke32. Are you using the exe that was distributed with WGR2? I always use the latest build.

EDIT: I tried the saved games using the older eduke32, and the monsters needed to open the door are indeed missing. I'm looking into it now.

• Duke Plus Developer

I did my best, but I can't figure out what is going on. There is a spider you have to kill, which causes other monsters to spawn, and killing them opens the door. The spider is missing. I can take a snapshot of the map, and when I do so the missing spider can be seen in the map editor. So it is still in the map, but it has become a kind of ghost. You cannot see it or harm it when playing the game, but the sprite is there, invisible, with 0 health. Why this happens is a complete mystery to me.

I suggest you start a new game, but select the "USER MAP" option and open WGX3.MAP

You can give yourself whatever equipment you need by spawning it from the console:

spawn CHAINGUNSPRITE
spawn RPGSPRITE
spawn FLAMETHROWERSPRITE
spawn ATOMICHEALTH
etc.

Also, I suggest using the most recent build of eduke32: http://dukeworld.duk.../20110619-1911/

I was previously just using the eduke that came with the distribution from moddb, I shall update it and do as you've said, thanks for the help and keep up the excellent work.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGarland, on 20 June 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:

I was previously just using the eduke that came with the distribution from moddb, I shall update it and do as you've said, thanks for the help and keep up the excellent work.

It was probably a bug that happens rarely. Let me know if it happens again after starting a new game.

I once had a bug, the first time i played through the mod in the ice level. When i killed all the cyperdemons and then those flying creatures that are sometimes invisible spawn, after you kill all those, a door should open, but it didn't so i had to use noclip. In my second playthrough it worked.

And after killing the ice boss and being teleported to the nexus map, does the game end here? Is there anything else to do?

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 22 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postrasmus thorup, on 22 June 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

I once had a bug, the first time i played through the mod in the ice level. When i killed all the cyperdemons and then those flying creatures that are sometimes invisible spawn, after you kill all those, a door should open, but it didn't so i had to use noclip. In my second playthrough it worked.

And after killing the ice boss and being teleported to the nexus map, does the game end here? Is there anything else to do?

Yeah, that is the end of that episode, and there is nothing else to do there.

Originally, it was planned that you would get another mission when you return to the nexus, but I don't know if that will ever happen. There are other episodes you can play, though.

It's pretty awesome, the reason i ask is because i checked the maps you had installed in the grp files, and i saw that there was a map that i couldn't play. The game is short but awesome :D

User is offline   meo 

I play on MACOS and I encounter some problems with the HUD:

Posted Image

Any idea?

Here is how i start it up:

/Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/EDuke32 -g/Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2.GRP -x/Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con -game_dir /Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2

Awesome mod by the way!

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postmeo, on 25 June 2011 - 06:41 AM, said:

/Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/EDuke32 -g/Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2.GRP -x/Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con -game_dir /Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2

Awesome mod by the way!

Well I'm glad you got it working on Mac OS, at least. I see two different problems in the screenshot. The first problem is that the hud doesn't fit on the screen. The only thing I can suggest for that is trying different screen resolutions with different aspect ratios. I've been told that the EDuke32 startup window (which allows you to select those) does not work in Mac OS, but you can select different resolutions in the video setup menu after starting EDuke32. The other problem is that the 32-bit graphics are not being used. I can tell because the fonts are low quality (this also means you are missing the skyboxes and some other things). Once again, go to the graphics menu and try to change the renderer to 32-bit OpenGL. If that option is not available, it may mean that you have an incompatible video driver. If that renderer is already selected, then there is another problem.

In any event, I would like to see your eduke32.log file.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options