Duke4.net Forums: Trying to start an "Official Release" Marathon - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trying to start an "Official Release" Marathon

I decided just before DNF comes out, im going to start a marathon of all the Duke Nukems, right from 1.

When i hit 3D i decided i wanted to use the HRP, but with all the stable bells and whistles and im not sure what those are?

Eduke? Dukeplus?! I want those right? I also saw a Polymer lighting option but then read of stability issues.

It also wouldnt be a marathon without the expansion packs i saw are omnitech to install.

Is there any sort of "ready compiled" official releases only installation with the most stable bells and whistles and addon packs too?

If you have the duke.grp.

Then you put that in a folder alone. Download the latest eduke version and extract it to the folder with the .grp file. Now you have your game.

Then as an addon, you should download the latest HRP and extract it to your .grp folder.

Dukeplus is not a must, it is an addon that can make the game more fun, it gives you a few more options. Some of those options changes the game. So if you want the game as it was originally made, don't add dukeplus.

User is offline   Shawneth 

DukePlus is a mod, so if you're playing from original to last original, I wouldn't use any mods. HRP, I don't know, but I would stick with original.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Play in Polymer if you can and get the Polymer HRP as opposed to the old Polymost HRP.

One more thing. When you start the eduke32.exe, remember to enable autoload folder. And if your pc can handle it, you should try the polymer. See what you likes the most.

You guys are a great help, much thanks.

Pig cops seem to fire gas canisters and have cloaking ability, how do you turn that off? I think its part of Dukeplus?

I turned enhanced AI on, that just makes them smarter though right?

Lastly how do you get it working with the expansion packs?

If you need help with dukeplus you could either ask DT if he is not too busy with whatever he does, or else you could try and google dukeplus. It has it's own website.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

There are tips to getting the official add-ons to work found in the Modifications Forum (sticky thread)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGrind and Click, on Feb 13 2011, 06:22 AM, said:

You guys are a great help, much thanks.

Pig cops seem to fire gas canisters and have cloaking ability, how do you turn that off? I think its part of Dukeplus?

I turned enhanced AI on, that just makes them smarter though right?

Lastly how do you get it working with the expansion packs?

Pigcops do not have cloaking ability. And before you make any bug reports, make sure you are using the version from here: http://fissile.duke4...e_dukeplus.html

Advanced AI makes them smarter and gives a new attack to most monsters.

Expansion packs: For Duke it Out in DC, you would need to copy tiles014.art into the directory (and tiles015?? -- don't remember if DC uses that one), as well as the DC maps, and include the CON code that defines the levels for the episode. I don't want to go into it in more detail than that. The other official expansions have art and code that conflict with DukePlus, so it's not as straightforward. In my opinion there are a huge number of user maps that are superior to anything you would find in the official expansions, so it's not worth bothering with, unless you are nostalgic.

For playing old Duke levels using a mod, my Attrition mod beats DukePlus hands down imo. And it comes with over a hundred quality maps already defined in the episodes.

Yeah i may just turn advanced AI off then if its giving them gas canisters, it just slows me down rather than creates challenge. Dont worry wont report a bug, i didnt even think it was one.

Well it was pretty much for nostaliga actually, but id be more than up for starting on well made user created maps afterwards.

Theres just so much out there to sift through and learn how to install. So your saying the HRP isnt working for alot of the official expansions? I may end up just playing through without because your mentioning things like the CON code which i have no idea what is, or where/what to copy it to.

Ill try fireing through the guide thread closely though, im sure ill get it eventually.

This post has been edited by Grind and Click: 16 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

You can play the game in its 8bit glory without any problems using eduke32.

The HRP packs are all incomplete and leave an inconcistancy upon the game. If you aren't OK with that, then play it without and enjoy the 8bit art.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options