Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #931

View PostBorion, on 13 May 2019 - 12:46 AM, said:

So flag for ignoring hardcoded per frame offset would be best.

Developers, please consider this feature request.

From a systems perspective, I do not want to loosen a strictly defined behavior. In this case it sounds like it would break voxel offsets entirely in exchange for always applying a default case. That kind of thing is bad news for source ports. However I do agree there is a need to solve this kind of thing easily.
0

User is offline   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

#932

The default behavior should be the same as other Build games. Then there should be a DEF token to enable/disable tile offset, and also tokens for arbitrary x-y-z offset (like there is for .md3).
1

User is offline   Borion 

#933

View PostHendricks266, on 15 May 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

From a systems perspective, I do not want to loosen a strictly defined behavior. In this case it sounds like it would break voxel offsets entirely in exchange for always applying a default case. That kind of thing is bad news for source ports. However I do agree there is a need to solve this kind of thing easily.

I hope I interpret your answer correctly. I was not suggesting to ignore all offsets entirely. Just hardcoded part, so only offset from each KVX is used. Now we have to adjust offsets in each KVX file, to compensate for varying hardcoded offsets - it only makes sense for original sprites. Thats probably what Fox was talking about, a token to ignore hardcoded part. I hope I'm not talking out of my ass.

Anyway, thanks for commenting on a subject guys!
0

User is offline   Borion 

#934

Time to drop some voxel shit B)

Toilet 0569 & 0615

https://i.imgur.com/RAQJxzX.gif
https://i.imgur.com/Xl4IURM.gif

KVX: https://mega.nz/#!Vz...SE5_Gf7bYlFcCmI

props.def lines:
voxel "voxels/props/0569_toilet.kvx" { tile 569 }
voxel "voxels/props/0615_brokentoilet.kvx" { tile 615 }
19

User is offline   LeoD 

#935

View PostBorion, on 17 May 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

Time to drop some voxel shit B)
That's worth a steaming PoS!
I suggest naming the voxels according to names.h (like 0615_toiletbroke.kvx instead of.kvx 0615_brokentoilet.kvx).
Despite typos and legacy names like cola and sixpack, this is how 'everyone' sees them labelled in Mapster.
@NightFright : I'll PM you a proposal pack where I've already renamed the existing files accordingly, which you may or may not choose to use.
2

User is offline   Borion 

#936

View PostLeoD, on 17 May 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

That's worth a steaming PoS!
I suggest naming the voxels according to names.h (like 0615_toiletbroke.kvx instead of.kvx 0615_brokentoilet.kvx).
Despite typos and legacy names like cola and sixpack, this is how 'everyone' sees them labelled in Mapster.
@NightFright : I'll PM you a proposal pack where I've already renamed the existing files accordingly, which you may or may not choose to use.

Don't forget to flush ;)
Yeah Leo, I'll use correct names in the future. Totally makes sense. Thanks for the name list!

I used to look up those names in Mapster but I hid them by accident few months ago and since then they don't show up. Even when I cycle labels mode with '+3 only special sectors labels show up.
Probably pressed some weird shortcut by accident and hid all 2D mode sprite labels, damn ^^
0

User is offline   Zaxtor 

#937

She's a beauty
0

User is offline   mxrtxn 

#938

Beautiful work Borion

Here´s a quick one using strip2voxel and slab6

#4371 if I am not mistaken

https://i.imgur.com/EH7dYHv.png

Download:

https://www.mediafir...plate1.kvx/file
9

User is offline   Zaxtor 

#939

art number is correct
it is 4371

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 17 May 2019 - 07:29 PM

0

User is offline   Borion 

#940

@Martin @ Zaxtor - Thx guys. Nice work Martin!

Coffee Machine (4372)

https://i.imgur.com/Gmq1ONo.gif

KVX: https://mega.nz/#!V3...Uln7ANHjqxl0seY

props.def line:
voxel "voxels/props/4372_coffeemachine.kvx { tile 4372 }
10

User is offline   Borion 

#941

Box (0951)

https://i.imgur.com/SBNdr63.gif

KVX: https://mega.nz/#!4q...MYlnQ7g7MUCKFc8

props.def line:
voxel "voxels/props/0951_box.kvx" { tile 951 }

Original sprite is rotated toward observer about 30 degrees clockwise. For technical reasons I had to make it perpendicular so it needs some maphacks to look less tidy.

EDIT:
I pasted wrong .def line, corrected

This post has been edited by Lunick: 20 May 2019 - 02:10 AM

11

User is offline   Phredreeke 

#942

can't you add rotation when defining the voxel though?

Edit: Looking through the EDukeWiki's page on the DEF language it appears not. Would make a useful addition though.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 19 May 2019 - 08:23 AM

0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#943

View PostBorion, on 17 May 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

@Martin @ Zaxtor - Thx guys. Nice work Martin!

Coffee Machine (4372)

https://i.imgur.com/Gmq1ONo.gif

KVX: https://mega.nz/#!V3...Uln7ANHjqxl0seY

props.def line:
voxel "voxels/props/4372_coffeemachine.kvx { tile 4372 }

The palette in this is wrong. The handle and back switch is showing as brown in-game and in SLAB6, rather than red. Also, the back label is showing up as gray and brown, rather than green.

https://i.imgur.com/IzXVvIm.png

This post has been edited by Striker: 19 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

1

User is offline   Borion 

#944

Thx Striker!

Corrected Coffee Machine:

https://mega.nz/#!47...7bV86jQvl91sxX4
2

User is offline   LeoD 

#945

View PostBorion, on 17 May 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

I used to look up those names in Mapster but I hid them by accident few months ago and since then they don't show up. Even when I cycle labels mode with '+3 only special sectors labels show up.
Probably pressed some weird shortcut by accident and hid all 2D mode sprite labels, damn ^^
names.h usually comes with the synthesis builds. Mapster32 loads it on startup. Maybe you deleted it from your EDuke32 directory?

View PostBorion, on 19 May 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

Box (0951)

Original sprite is rotated toward observer about 30 degrees clockwise. For technical reasons I had to make it perpendicular [...]
Should be the way to go IMHO. Similar models are made the same way I think.

View PostPhredreeke, on 19 May 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

can't you add rotation when defining the voxel though?
Not necessary if voxel rotation matches the existing model. Then current maphacks already take care.
0

User is offline   Phredreeke 

#946

Do they match the model though? Because then it's no problem, as existing maphacks will cover for it.
0

User is offline   Borion 

#947

View PostPhredreeke, on 19 May 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

Do they match the model though? Because then it's no problem, as existing maphacks will cover for it.


https://i.imgur.com/GeEnJP4.png

It is rotated, but not enough to be consistent with original and it looks too "tidy", IMO.

EDIT:
But it's not important. There are better ways of spending time, than adjusting angle of cardboard boxes by 5-10 degrees.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 20 May 2019 - 02:11 AM

0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#948

View PostBorion, on 19 May 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

Thx Striker!

Corrected Coffee Machine:

https://mega.nz/#!47...7bV86jQvl91sxX4

Excellent. Thanks!
0

User is offline   Borion 

#949

View PostLeoD, on 19 May 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

names.h usually comes with the synthesis builds. Mapster32 loads it on startup. Maybe you deleted it from your EDuke32 directory?


Yes, I may screwed up sth before compiling Eduke & Mapster. I'm not a coder, so there is a lot of trial & error happening here ;) I will check this out when I will finally get back to my home in couple of days.
Thanks for a tip, Leo!

View PostStriker, on 19 May 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

Excellent. Thanks!


No problem, man :)

This post has been edited by Borion: 19 May 2019 - 10:57 PM

0

User is offline   Borion 

#950

Doing this one was way more interesting than couple of last (boring) models.
I will also post damaged version with dead astronaut body soon.

https://i.imgur.com/NnPeQaS.gif

KVX: https://mega.nz/#!N2..._uTKn7KYHJkdeFE

voxel "voxels/props/0058_spacesuit.kvx" { tile 58 }

One more thing, if any mappers out there would really like to have certain sprite converted, say so. I'm getting close to a time, when I probably wont have as much time at hand, as I have now... :(
15

User is offline   Zaxtor 

#951

Nice space suit

How about bouncemines 940-944

would be nice
0

User is offline   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here

#952

A real pity this has never really been a pickup item in the (final) game. But even for a mere prop it's a really nice addition!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 May 2019 - 06:28 AM

0

User is offline   Zaxtor 

#953

AMC TC could use it since you can wear space suit
Future duke mods can use it since people made usable spacesuits etc
0

User is offline   Borion 

#954

View PostNightFright, on 20 May 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

A real pity this has never really been a pickup item in the (final) game. But even for a mere prop it's a really nice addition!

Thanks!

View PostZaxtor, on 20 May 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

AMC TC could use it since you can wear space suit
Future duke mods can use it since people made usable spacesuits etc

Exactly my thoughts, Zaxor.

View PostZaxtor, on 20 May 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

Nice space suit

How about bouncemines 940-944

would be nice

Thx! These mines look really flat when you dive around them, they are good candidate Zaxtor. I'll take care of them right after finishing dead astronaut. Poor fellow still needs few minor touches.
1

User is offline   mxrtxn 

#955

View PostBorion, on 20 May 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

Doing this one was way more interesting than couple of last (boring) models.
I will also post damaged version with dead astronaut body soon.

http://i68.tinypic.com/taphs9.jpg

KVX: https://mega.nz/#!N2..._uTKn7KYHJkdeFE

voxel "voxels/props/0058_spacesuit.kvx" { tile 58 }

One more thing, if any mappers out there would really like to have certain sprite converted, say so. I'm getting close to a time, when I probably wont have as much time at hand, as I have now... :(



THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL. Seems your work methods are way more efficient than the rest. Care to show us someday your workflow?

I thinking to buy that program on steam to speed things up with my voxel pack for shadow warrior.
1

User is offline   Borion 

#956

View Postmxrtxn, on 20 May 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL. Seems your work methods are way more efficient than the rest. Care to show us someday your workflow?

I thinking to buy that program on steam to speed things up with my voxel pack for shadow warrior.

Huge complement, thanks Mxrtxn!
I will share couple workflow technics, sure. Maybe its better to do that on separate thread, set up our little "group of support for voxel addicts" :lol:
About Qubicle, it is good investment if you want to do a lot of voxel stuff in the future.
Just don't buy this f*** 75$ Indie version, basic 20$ version got all you need. There is also a demo version with disabled export if you want to play with it before buying.

Cheers
1

User is offline   mxrtxn 

#957

View PostBorion, on 20 May 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

Huge complement, thanks Mxrtxn!
I will share couple workflow technics, sure. Maybe its better to do that on separate thread, set up our little "group of support for voxel addicts" :lol:
About Qubicle, it is good investment if you want to do a lot of voxel stuff in the future.
Just don't buy this f*** 75$ Indie version, basic 20$ version got all you need. There is also a demo version with disabled export if you want to play with it before buying.

Cheers


Sure let me know in a PM. More than eager to learn from you :)
1

User is offline   Gambini 

#958

Borion: Those voxels are awesome!!

Eager to add them to DNF 2019
2

User is offline   Borion 

#959

View Postmxrtxn, on 20 May 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

Sure let me know in a PM. More than eager to learn from you :)

Man, I'm humbled.

View PostGambini, on 20 May 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

Borion: Those voxels are awesome!!

Eager to add them to DNF 2019


Humbled again - fantastic!

It's really big for me to hear something like this coming from people that inspired me in the first place. Real boost!
2

User is offline   mxrtxn 

#960

New voxel!

#4426

https://i.imgur.com/1FhbSp7.png


DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafir.../4426k.kvx/file
9

Share this topic:


  • 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options