• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Ultimate Stadium Remake By DavoX

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'll have that in mind, thanks for the support :blink:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Is it too late to break it up into different maps? This could solve the frame rate problem. I have some CON code for putting maps together like in HL2, so you can just walk back and forth between the maps.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Actually it isn't. :blink:

But the problem itself is polymer and the huge amount of walls I use in the rooms. So each room is kinda slow, that's something that the hub system can't solve. But it would definitely let me Add more locations without worrying about the walls and sector limits.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDavoX, on Nov 10 2010, 06:13 PM, said:

Actually it isn't. :blink:

But the problem itself is polymer and the huge amount of walls I use in the rooms. So each room is kinda slow, that's something that the hub system can't solve. But it would definitely let me Add more locations without worrying about the walls and sector limits.

I'll bet if you split it up into smaller maps that had no more than 2000 walls each, the frame rate would be improved. Yes, a lot of lights and details in one room can kill the frame rate, even in a small map, but breaking it up would still make a difference. In Build, the overall level geometry seems to impact performance even when most of the level isn't being rendered. Also keep in mind that it will be slower in game than in mapster.

When I see you writing about "more locations", I worry that the project will get too big and then you won't have time to finish it. In my opinion, the safer route would be to stay close to the 16384 wall limit and split it only as an optimization.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Haha I get what you're saying. As I said sometime earlier, I'm building in a way that If I wanted to release now, I could. What I mean is that I already built the ending and I'm going backwards :blink:

User is offline   Ozzie968 

You should make this mod use the weapons from Eternity (Gloves And Duke+ Weapons) It would be really cool if ya did

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostOzzie968, on Nov 14 2010, 09:14 AM, said:

You should make this mod use the weapons from Eternity (Gloves And Duke+ Weapons) It would be really cool if ya did

He doesn't have to do anything special for that. You can use any regular Duke map with Eternity/DukePlus.

View PostDeeperThought, on Nov 14 2010, 10:30 AM, said:

He doesn't have to do anything special for that. You can use any regular Duke map with Eternity/DukePlus.

Um whut?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostOzzie968, on Nov 14 2010, 05:34 PM, said:

Um whut?

IT WILL WORK ETERNITY/DUKEPLUS. Is that simple enough?

View PostDeeperThought, on Nov 14 2010, 06:51 PM, said:

IT WILL WORK ETERNITY/DUKEPLUS. Is that simple enough?

Um no?

User is offline   Awesomebob 

View PostOzzie968, on Nov 15 2010, 08:17 AM, said:

Um no?

Any map you load while playing Duke Plus or Eternity will have the "cool" weapons (and gloves for eternity).

Get it now?

This post has been edited by Awesomebob: 15 November 2010 - 07:52 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options