• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Ultimate Stadium Remake By DavoX

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Duke3d Stadium Remake

By DavoX

What is this?

A remake of the beloved Stadium Boss map (E3L09) from Duke3d.

Who's working on it?

DavoX As Level Designer
Dan G As the coder of the great mod DukePlus and additional features

Which are these "additional features"?

Well, my intention is to have the cycloid emperor doing new special attacks and possibly new attack animations made specifically for this project. It's also possible that the emperor will get a facelift on the model to make it look even more badass!

What software is being used for this project?

Eduke32 port with Polymer renderer + Hrp + Dukeplus.

Neat! Where are the screenshots/media?

To start out showing something, here is a new SpeedMapping video I've made of the whirlpools area in the stadium. Bear in mind It's not complete though!

It's an hour of mapping put into 5 minutes of video for you guys to enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=efEqvZm_fcs

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by DavoX: 04 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Nice stuff man. Awesome!
Btw, are you aware that the map you are remaking was made from a real life baseball stadium?
I've seen pics of it. You could probably use them as reference and make the map identical to the DNF one or even better.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostMr.Deviance, on Nov 4 2010, 02:07 AM, said:

Nice stuff man. Awesome!
Btw, are you aware that the map you are remaking was made from a real life baseball stadium?
I've seen pics of it. You could probably use them as reference and make the map identical to the DNF one or even better.

Actually I am the guy that found those pics.

But my idea isn't to make a 100% accurate stadium. I could, but Polymer already needs optimizing, imagine the map with tons of detail everywere, it would be virtually unplayable. Actually this worries me a bit because I'm mapping with a Quad core extreme, I really hope other people with smaller machines get the chance to play it properly.

(Worry not though, I'm using real life references for some of the stuff, but using the original textures from the game forces me to use my own style)

Thanks for the support :(

This post has been edited by DavoX: 03 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

Are you making the big oval room where the white board is? Or are you making it square in your version?
Would be nice if somebody tried to remake the actual stadium inside and outside areas in unreal tournament 3 and then give it a DNF look to it's textures.
I think it could be achieved before the demo is released.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Very nice, i wish there were a way to have a usable whiteboard like in DNF in your map... :(

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well...who knows?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Hey, that's looking good.

What stadium was it?

Got it

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 04 November 2010 - 05:57 AM

User is offline   tryhard 

View PostDavoX, on Nov 4 2010, 05:20 AM, said:

While we wait for DNF!

Hm - why can't i just get rid of this feeling that Duke Nukem 3D will still rule DNF in some ways...
Edit: Looks awesome! I want to play it!

This post has been edited by tryhard: 06 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

View Posttryhard, on Nov 4 2010, 12:11 PM, said:

Hm - why can't i just get rid of this feeling that Duke Nukem 3D will still rule DNF in some ways...

Because it's pretty much true and very probable to happen?
But let's not derail this topic.

Davox, bring some new media, I want to see the oval room or how ever it looks in your version.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 04 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well I can tell you that it definitely isn't oval! But things may change later on.

Bear in mind I'm trying to make my own version of a Football stadium. I just borrowed the whirlpools from the DNF demo and the "Basement-nuclear-elevator" :(

I've updated the first post with these all new shots!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   blizzart 

These shots look amazing. Can´t wait to play this map.

What is the software you use to record your speedmapping video? I want to make some Mapster32 tutorial-videos.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well I've had some problems recording, hence the low quality... but I used Camstudio. You just have to play around a lot with the codecs to get it right. Still can't find the right combination though.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

This is looking pretty good. Have you considered making it a usermap for Eternity?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I did download Eternity and it's a posibility, but for now I'm using stock textures and stuff from Duke3d. I'm really worried that peope might have to download too much stuff to play it, be it Eduke32 + HRP + Eternity + Recent Dukeplus, etc....

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Wow there's some nice progress being made here :(

Question: is this based more on the last level of Duke3D or the first level of DNF?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well the last level of DN3D is just a grass field and some pseudo-seats so there isn't much to take from there :(

The DNF demo did inspire me a lot and it's the main reason I'm doing this, but I would say 15% is DNF and 85% my own. I just took the whirlpools and the basement, the other stuff is purely made by me.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Nice!!!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

New Shots of the bar area!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Looks good, what is the FPS like? :blink:

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

It runs smooth but I'm on a quad core :blink:

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDavoX, on Nov 10 2010, 09:50 AM, said:

It runs smooth but I'm on a quad core :blink:

Last time I checked eduke32 doesn't make use of more than one core.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

The OpenGL driver might, though.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Wow I didn't know that! Then it must be the 8800 gt and the 4gb of ram maybe?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Looks pretty good, but I think you should pick a different floor texture perhaps.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Either those screenshots were taken using an older version of DP, or I forgot to use the new left-alignment bit in the HUD for the pistol clip. In any event, it's looking good!

These screens are so beautiful! Gotta love the polymer effect =)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I concur, polymer lights by themselves look ok, but it's when you put different colours near eachother and they mix together to blend and make gradients like you have done that they really start to shine

This post has been edited by Micky C: 10 November 2010 - 04:12 AM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

They also really start to shine more when applied to normal mapped surfaces with height\parallax maps. :blink:

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

My intention is to release this with a new normal maps pack for the textures I'm using. But I'm afraid the framerate is killing me... I'll see what I can do on the optimization side of things.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostDavoX, on Nov 10 2010, 08:50 AM, said:

My intention is to release this with a new normal maps pack for the textures I'm using. But I'm afraid the framerate is killing me... I'll see what I can do on the optimization side of things.

I could test it, I have 13 different computers that range from Pentium 4s, dual cores, quad cores, laptops to desktops, and PCs to Mac. Totally, I have 2 Macs that are dual cores, and 11 other different computers.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options