Duke4.net Forums: Media Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media Thread

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 24 2010, 11:05 AM, said:

Oh how glorious would it have been if Metroid Prime came to PC....will never happen, though. :(

Why not buy it and play on pc with the wii emulator?

User is offline   DerickVonD 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 24 2010, 05:15 PM, said:

Why not buy it and play on pc with the wii emulator?

Didnt know they had decent wii emulators out. Which ones are good?

View PostDerickVonD, on Oct 24 2010, 01:24 PM, said:

Didnt know they had decent wii emulators out. Which ones are good?

It's called dolphin.
Metroid prime runs at full speed as you can see in the following video.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K5OEx6bf-i0
If you have a decent pc, you can run it in 1920x1080 or higher if you want, which is already a higher res than the wii itself can render. You ca also add AA and AF to games for even better graphics.
And if you really want to use a real wii mote with it, you can do that too.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

User is offline   Green 

HipHopGamerShow Interview with Duke Nukem Forever producer from 2K Games.
Part 1 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jSYgcNtIeNg
Part 2 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c35CDxtEJFA

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 25 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 25 2010, 04:46 AM, said:

It's called dolphin.
Metroid prime runs at full speed as you can see in the following video.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K5OEx6bf-i0
If you have a decent pc, you can run it in 1920x1080 or higher if you want, which is already a higher res than the wii itself can render. You ca also add AA and AF to games for even better graphics.
And if you really want to use a real wii mote with it, you can do that too.

THat's metroid prime 1 for GCN , i don't suppose that's Wii emulator either

And then again , does the emulator has DVD drivers/support for playing this discs inside the PC DVD drive ?

Because I bought every metroid prime game. (and Wii virtual console is AWESOME i downloaded(wii points) the original Metroid and Super Metroid AWESOME games)

EDIT; well i read about it and I can't find the windows build to download , do i need to register to the official site?

This post has been edited by Stewox: 25 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

User is offline   Green 

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 25 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

View PostStewox, on Oct 25 2010, 01:01 AM, said:

THat's metroid prime 1 for GCN , i don't suppose that's Wii emulator either

And then again , does the emulator has DVD drivers/support for playing this discs inside the PC DVD drive ?

Because I bought every metroid prime game. (and Wii virtual console is AWESOME i downloaded(wii points) the original Metroid and Super Metroid AWESOME games)

EDIT; well i read about it and I can't find the windows build to download , do i need to register to the official site?

I'm not sure what metroid prime you wanted to see running, I saw MusicallyInspired talking about the first one.
And dolphin is both a game cube and a wii emulator in one.
This is the link where you can get both the latest version and a video tutorial if you somehow find it too hard to config
http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/
If you want more details pm me or open a new topic in another section so we don't derail this one further.

View PostMr. Green, on Oct 25 2010, 01:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

Nice to see that "almost Duke Nukem" face in high res, but what's the source?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

User is offline   Green 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 25 2010, 02:36 AM, said:

Nice to see that "almost Duke Nukem" face in high res, but what's the source?

http://www.cynamite.de/Games-Aktuell-Brand...rie/1447708/#tp

Damn Mr. Green! :(

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 25 2010, 12:36 PM, said:

I'm not sure what metroid prime you wanted to see running, I saw MusicallyInspired talking about the first one.
And dolphin is both a game cube and a wii emulator in one.
This is the link where you can get both the latest version and a video tutorial if you somehow find it too hard to config
http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/
If you want more details pm me or open a new topic in another section so we don't derail this one further.

many thanks

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

All the Wii is is a Gamecube with motion controls. Literally. That's the only reason that the Wii is perfectly backwards compatible with all GameCube games.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 26 2010, 06:24 PM, said:

All the Wii is is a Gamecube with motion controls. Literally. That's the only reason that the Wii is perfectly backwards compatible with all GameCube games.

Nah the Wii stands heads and shoulders above the Gamecube.

User is offline   Stewox 

[quote name='MusicallyInspired' date='Oct 27 2010, 03:24 AM' post='60704']
All the W

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 27 2010, 03:24 AM, said:

All the W

:(

"[quote name='MusicallyInspired' date='Oct 27 2010, 03:24 AM' post='60704']" WTF!?

This post has been edited by blackharted: 27 October 2010 - 01:38 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

No, it literally is just a Gamecube with minor aesthetic enhancements and alterations. Nothing more. That's a fact. I don't even think the graphics are any better. Maybe it can handle SLIGHTLY higher texture sizes but that's about it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 27 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 27 2010, 03:24 AM, said:

that's not really hard to built into if you want , plus if it was a successor then they just wanted to support the old stuff which is as easy as "not removing the old parts" - but replacing the code making it better , anyways i don't think that's really the case.

Wii has better hardware too and GCN sometimes even lagged in the smashbros which never happens on Wii , i played a lot , im actually a big nintendo guy too :(

to be honest , developers don't have idea how to fully use the wii and it's capabilites , it's all in the code , software makes hardware run. what is ID software making on iPhone is extraordinary , Carmack had ideas for wii but i think others didn't want , because he PERSONALLY wanted to show everyone that wii can be done nicely with proper software , they probably moved it aside since they're shipping Rage and Doom4 soon so i think it wasn't a priorty.

EDIT: i do tons of stuff and have 20 tabs and 10 windows open and other PC stuff , so i really don't know how that happened , sometihng wrong with submitting... oh yeah i was uploading some stuff that made the interuption.

This post has been edited by Stewox: 27 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Like I said, minor cosmetic changes to various aspects of the console, but other than that it's simply a GameCube underneath. I was an avid Nintendo geek myself for the longest time. It's certainly not like the PS3 or 360 where it's almost a completely new system underneath the hood and actually needs to be patched with software emulation for any kind of backwards compatibility at all. The Wii doesn't have any emulation whatsoever. It's all the same hardware so there are no problems.

User is offline   You 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 27 2010, 04:48 PM, said:

Like I said, minor cosmetic changes to various aspects of the console, but other than that it's simply a GameCube underneath. I was an avid Nintendo geek myself for the longest time. It's certainly not like the PS3 or 360 where it's almost a completely new system underneath the hood and actually needs to be patched with software emulation for any kind of backwards compatibility at all. The Wii doesn't have any emulation whatsoever. It's all the same hardware so there are no problems.

I hate the fucking Wii, and especially the people that are dumb enough to buy it.

I have to jump in here though, the architecture is the same as a the game cube, but the processor and graphics capability have been greatly improved. The sort of emulation of other consoles we see with the Wii would not have been even nearly possible with the cube.

That said it still performs very poorly and is possibly the worst console released in the last ten years.

View PostYou, on Oct 29 2010, 03:41 AM, said:

I hate the fucking Wii, and especially the people that are dumb enough to buy it.

I have to jump in here though, the architecture is the same as a the game cube, but the processor and graphics capability have been greatly improved. The sort of emulation of other consoles we see with the Wii would not have been even nearly possible with the cube.

That said it still performs very poorly and is possibly the worst console released in the last ten years.

Believe it or not, wii was a bigger success for nintendo than ps3 or 360 was for their companies.
Nintendo sold both more wii consoles and more games than ps3 and 360 did and also had a few of the best selling titles.
I am in no way defending the console, since I don't own it either but I couldn't help but noticing the hard facts.
Judging by the figures, it's clear to me that out of Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, Nintendo is the one which is the most prepared to release a kick ass console in the next gen.
I predict that the next nintendo console will be a next gen capable console + wii features.
I would definitely like to see a nintendo console that's capable to stand up to the next generation of play stations and xboxes, not only through gimmicks like the wii mote, but also through raw power and state of the art graphics rendering.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 29 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

User is offline   You 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 29 2010, 03:57 AM, said:

Believe it or not, wii was a bigger success for nintendo than ps3 or 360 was for their companies.
Nintendo sold both more wii consoles and more games than ps3 and 360 did and also had a few of the best selling titles.
I am in no way defending the console, since I don't own it either but I couldn't help but noticing the hard facts.
Judging by the figures, it's clear to me that out of Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, Nintendo is the one which is the most prepared to release a kick ass console int he next gen.
I predict that the next nintendo console will be a next gen capable console + wii features.
I would definitely like to see a nintendo console that's capable to stand up to the next generation of play stations and xboxes, not only though gimmicks like the wii mote, but also though raw power and state of the art graphics rendering.

The gimmicks are what sold the console, which like everything else a person who llikes gimmicks buys, lasts about ten seconds.

Yes it sold more, but there are far more Wiis that have been sitting in dark corners gathering dust then PS3s.

The xbox also sold more due to it being cheaper, even though it was inferior to the ps3, people are hard to understand. There's a reason you can get a marketing degree.

Yes, Nintendo has been more successful, but only as they managed to sell consoles to non gamers. A company like Sony would never succeed at this as we expect a quality console, not just a gimmick.

This post has been edited by You: 29 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

User is offline   Stewox 

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/29/duke-nuk..._medium=twitter

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 27 2010, 02:32 PM, said:

No, it literally is just a Gamecube with minor aesthetic enhancements and alterations. Nothing more. That's a fact. I don't even think the graphics are any better. Maybe it can handle SLIGHTLY higher texture sizes but that's about it.

No "slightly" about it, it CAN handle highere texture sizes.

BTW You the Wii is no mere gimmick or fad. Far far from it. Do you not realize the making non-gamers play it are slowly turning them into gamers? Do you not see what a good thing that is?! Oh hang on you are a jaded PC "gamer" so I guess you don't.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 29 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

TBH, I see little wrong with the Wii as a diving board console. It's a good entry point for the gamingly ignorant, and helps the industry as a whole live and expand. As an actual console? Ehh...

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 29 October 2010 - 12:05 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Come on guys... really? Wii discussion?

Yeah, thanks alot, MusicallyInspired.

• The Sarien Encounter

All I did was point out a fact. Everyone else started arguing after that.

View PostYou, on Oct 29 2010, 05:41 AM, said:

Hey, the console may not have that many good games, but it's definitely the funnest console to mod period. That's all I use it for now. Homebrew Channel for the win. Quake and Quake 2 on the Wii? With online network play with (I think) PC players? Yes please.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 29 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

User is offline   You 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 29 2010, 04:21 PM, said:

All I did was point out a fact. Everyone else started arguing after that.

Hey, the console may not have that many good games, but it's definitely the funnest console to mod period. That's all I use it for now. Homebrew Channel for the win. Quake and Quake 2 on the Wii? With online network play with (I think) PC players? Yes please.

I've enjoyed Quake on the Wii, but not Quake 2, link?

I still think the mouse keyboard combo would annihilate the Wii by a long shot though.

I'm currently playing Sonic the hedgehog 2 with a game-cube controller :(

• The Sarien Encounter

Quake2Rev

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 29 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Oh god no guys... We know were this discussions end up going... I know there isn't anyone moderating here but at least try to leave all that to PM ok? Don't want to read this crap.

• The Sarien Encounter

???

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options