Duke4.net Forums: Media Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media Thread

User is offline   movento 

Probably posting this in the wrong thread, but Gearbox's Art Director posted this 2 days ago on Artstation.
Posted Image

Stars and Stripes

Gun concepts for Duke Nukem Begins, an unpublished title, these were going to be his twin .600 automatic pistols, Stars and Stripes.

https://www.artstati...m/artwork/Rz5ve

Any mention of Duke development ever is good in my book. Those guns are hideous though.

User is offline   LkMax 

Sooo... in what toy store did they bought those guns? Oh, it's concept art, my bad. :whistling:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 19 March 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

Any mention of Duke development ever is good in my book. Those guns are hideous though.

This is cancelled 5 year old development so it hardly counts. Although you're right that it's good, at the very least they're thinking about Duke and interacting with the public about the franchise.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Posted Image

Ha! Wrong!
Posted Image
https://forums.duke4...-begins-assets/

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I don't see why they would be fake. Both images were posted by Gearbox employees. Yeah, I don't think they look that great at all, but that doesn't make them fake. They were probably a very early concept and weren't even considered.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

They're not fake, I just thought it was funny that Freds reaction to the renders were that he knows for a fact they're not real when they clearly are as they were posted by a Gearbox employee on his portfolio and now that the concept art has been posted it just makes it even funnier in hindsight as it further confirms that it's the real McCoy.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 19 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Oh, ok. I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant that you believed they were fake.

As far as the grips and the triggers in that new image that was found, I would like that portion of the pistols... if those parts were shaped more realistically. If those pistols were supposed to fire bullets, I fail to see how the bullets would fit through the grips. :whistling:

Those Guns look really good they look alot better then DNF Pistol

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 20 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostDemon Duke, on 20 March 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Those Guns look really good they look alot better then DNF Pistol

Respectfully disagree. Love the 1911.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 March 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

Agreed. You can't beat the classic.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 March 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

I much more prefered the original blocky Desert Eagle which 2001 build used. I thought the 1911 DNF 2011 build's main handgun looked quite dumb and for that matter.. also sounded so :P

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Sounded, i'll give ya. But Duke's M1911 is pure class. It's a tried and true handgun, and Duke had his kitted out quite nicely.

Hello all! I was hoping you'd be able to help me track down some old Audio related to Duke Nukem Forever. There was a Duke Nukem Forever community podcast with 7 episodes posted by the development team, but they have since been removed. I'd really like to listen to these. Does anybody have the download files of these podcasts they would be willing to share? Thank you so much!
http://www.dukenukem...y/podcasts.html

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options