Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] ReDUKED 2010 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] ReDUKED 2010  "Duke Nukem 3D Soundtrack Remixed"

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Hi everyone. Yes, a new release, this time not a map or mod, but a music album!. Its name: ReDuked.

ReDuked is a ten track project with revisited versions of Duke Nukem 3D soundtrack by Lee Jackson on various stlyles.

This work borns from my passion for music and fanaticism for Duke Nukem game. It took me about 3/4 months, since conception, song selection, to production and art design. I choose the most atractive songs, and put them together in an epic musical travel throught DN Universe.

LISTEN TO REDUKED 2010

That´s all, feedback and comments are always accepted. Hope you enjoy it a lot!!!!!

IT´S STILL ALIVE..

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 18 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I will be checking this out. Sounds interesting. We always get remixes of Grabbag and never anything else from Duke. This will be a treat.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Stalker, Dark Side, Alien Reactor and Depature are FANTASTIC. I love how you used the "grinding" alien ship sound in Dark Side.

User is offline   Spiker 

These tracks are really worth downloading! Go get them now!

User is offline   Loke 

I'm amazed how you made "Dark Side" perhaps even better than the original, which is one of my personal favorite from the game. Really atmospheric sound. Amazingly good work.

• Music Producer

View PostLoke, on Sep 2 2010, 10:56 AM, said:

I'm amazed how you made "Dark Side" perhaps even better than the original, which is one of my personal favorite from the game. Really atmospheric sound. Amazingly good work.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Sep 2 2010, 01:27 AM, said:

Stalker, Dark Side, Alien Reactor and Depature are FANTASTIC. I love how you used the "grinding" alien ship sound in Dark Side.

It is very interesting how many of the original sounds fit with the songs, not only for the mood but for the note, i mean the tone. The reactor sound in Alien Reactor, the grinding sound in Dark Side, that scream in Stalker...

Glad u like it!!!

• The Sarien Encounter

You should try submitting these to OC Remix. Or at least post it on the forums. Definitely up that community's alley.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I was pleasantly surprised. Great job!

• The Sarien Encounter

After a listen I think I like Alien Reactor the best. A great representation of the song. It was always my favourite. It wasn't a carbon copy but yet managed to convey the same feel from the original that I liked about it. Good job. The only tracks that I thought weren't as good and a little repetitive were Fat Commander, Depart, and In Hiding. But they were still enjoyable. I really wanted Rabid Transit to break out into a heavier drum beat as it went on and built momentum, but it never did. Again, still very enjoyable. I also like how Grabbag isn't anywhere in sight for once.

User is offline   MasternX 

Posting for when I'm at work (on a stupid fast connection).. can't wait to download these! THANK YOU!!! :D

User is offline   underTaker 

Wow... just wow! I wanted to write here faster, but i just forgot about the thread, sorry :)

Normally i'm not listening such music, but this is just great. I really reallllyyyy liked Alien Reactor. Great Job!!

• Music Producer

Glad u like it!!!!! Thanks for all ur comments.

Thanks to Honza for upload the files to a server no more mirrors!!!! :)

Links in the original post

This post has been edited by Norvak: 21 September 2010 - 03:43 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

http://dn3d.nidx.org...vak/ReDUKED.rar and
http://dn3d.nidx.org/Norvak/NsA_SP.rar
seem to be corrupted. I have downloaded them twice (identical) but can't extract all files.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Same for me, I only got 4 extracted correctly. Could you repack them in zip maybe? Shouldn't make a lot difference for mp3's anyway.

Of those I could listen to I liked Stalker most... that really felt like one step away from a live orchestra.
Alien Reactor felt a bit too dancy for my taste, owing to the pronounced [dance music analog of riff].
Depart and Rabid Transit were pretty good.

Looking forward to more :)

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Yeah same problem, I could only get "The Stalker," "Rabid Transit," "Alien Reactor," and "Departure."

They all sound great though.

User is offline   Martin 

Yep, both corrupted-as-fuck. Shame as you've been getting beaming reviews here, I wanted to listen to them. Re-upload in non-corrupted fashion, please.

• The Sarien Encounter

I can upload a mirror. Expect it later today.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 25 September 2010 - 07:58 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Sooner than I thought:

http://brandonblume....mes/reduked.rar

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Works. Thank you.

• Music Producer

Ok
Thanks for the mirror. Now i´m very busy (i´m on work and can´t check any link) maybe tomorrow i could fix all those flaws and ask Honza to reupload all the files.
Well thanks for all your comments, maybe someday i´m gonna make a WGRealms remix album, who knows...

Right, I'm going to give my bit about each of these songs as I listen to 'em.

-Derelict: Bored the pants off me, but so did the original. IMO, you can't polish a turd, and Derelict (and similar gutless tracks) were exactly that in Duke - turds.
-Stalker: I'm liking it. Your remix is like a cross between Mark "Madfiddler" Knight's version for the Playstation, and the original Midi version on the PC as it sounded on Adlib and similar soundcards. In other words, a perfect balance between two great tracks. I'd say I prefer yours over the Mark McWane version, and probably the version for the Sega Saturn as well, which was by Redbook Audio, I think. You've redone this one very well I think but at the same time you haven't ruined it, a la the rather poor attempt by Marc McWane.
-Dark Side: Again, I'm liking it. you've taken a song that was good, but gutless, and thankfully also lifted the volume levels.
-Rabid Transit: I almost thought you'd ruined it, listening to the start, but just as I'd begun to lose hope, the "chorus" if you like had started and I started to like it. It was already great in its original form (gotham.mid) and I feel you have enhanced it well, as well as boosting the volume levels. I don't think Mark Knight ever did this one for the Playstation version, which is a shame because it was a great track. I have to say though, I feel at the 4 minute mark this is beginning to drag on a bit, and I realise I have over a minute left of it :)
-Alien Reactor: Sorry mate, but you've ruined what was a perfectly good music track. This sounds like a cross between something out of "Sonic the Hedgehog" and some random trash they decide to put on at the nightclub.
-Pissed Office Box: Sorry, but I don't rate this either. There's so much going on right from the get go, that there's virtually no climax, and I actually had to try quite hard to hear the references to the previous song. There's just so much noise that doesn't make much sense - far too "nightclubby", imo.
-Cleanup on Aisle 4: Always viewed this as a joke in game (and the first half wasn't actually part of the level music) so I am going to ignore this. Re. what I said above about not polishing turds etc. :)

Personally, it all goes downhill from there for me. Fat Commander I never liked anyway, and I didn't think much of the remix, nor did I ever like InHiding either. Departure is decent.

Overall I think you've got the right idea with some of these, particularly Stalker, but as a die hard Duke Nukem 3D fan some of these tracks just don't gel with me - remember it's all IMO though.

This post has been edited by trencheel303: 28 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

• Music Producer

Let´s see. I upgrade the links in the original post with the previous good links. Maybe Musically Inspired come later with other new links (with correct playlist files) and those will be the definitive links.

Don´t use the links of my signature they don´t work.

Btw don´t forget to download the NsA Special Pack it contains an Extra folder with some cool music including a track that i made as a tribute song of a glorious unre-map. Well that´s all. Thanks for the feedback.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 28 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I gotta say the Alien Reactor track was his best work. He took a great track and removed everything I found annoying about it. Now it's even more catchy. It certainly wouldn't fit inside a Duke game, but from a standalone composition and arrangement standpoint it's quite good.

• Music Producer

It Lives And more ReDuked songs now on My YouTube Channel

This post has been edited by Norvak: 05 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

View PostNorvak, on Oct 5 2010, 05:08 PM, said:

It Lives And more ReDuked songs now on My YouTube Channel

Just got to hear this stuff for the first time today.
Awesome stuff man, really nice job! Do everything if you have the time and disposition.

Guest_Pikachu_*

DUDE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! 0___0

What is your PayPal? I MUST DONATE TO YOU!

• Music Producer

View PostPikachu, on Oct 6 2010, 09:00 AM, said:

DUDE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! 0___0

What is your PayPal? I MUST DONATE TO YOU!

Ha Ha thnx man! I don´t hav Paypal but u could show this work to all ur friends intead of send me some money, the best pay for me is you all enjoy this stuff. Thanks!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostNorvak, on Oct 6 2010, 11:14 PM, said:

Ha Ha thnx man! I don´t hav Paypal but u could show this work to all ur friends intead of send me some money, the best pay for me is you all enjoy this stuff. Thanks!

Yep, I enjoyed it. The tracks I like most are Derelict and Dark Side while Alien Reactor and Pissed Office Box mark the other end. The best part is the theme change in Cleanup On Aisle 4 but the second half of the track is not very interesting.
I recommend listening to the album using a somewhat decent hi-fi unit instead of simple PC speakers. It's worth it. Especially Derelict profits - I had the the impression of sitting in a much larger room and listening to a surround mix.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 06 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Storming stuff! Alien Reactor has a very Royksoppy feel, which is cool. Love the sound effects mixed in.

Hey, since no one's asked, what's your studio like? Some stuff sounds like VST, but others sound like the D50 card in the Roland VSynth XT.

Still amazing, btw.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options