Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] ReDUKED 2010 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] ReDUKED 2010  "Duke Nukem 3D Soundtrack Remixed"

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostLow Allegiance, on Oct 10 2010, 02:11 PM, said:

Hey, since no one's asked, what's your studio like? Some stuff sounds like VST, but others sound like the D50 card in the Roland VSynth XT.

Still amazing, btw.

Thanks. VST´s only. Some that i remember used are: NI Massive, NI Absynth, NI FM 8, Lennar Digital Sylenth 1, Tone2 Gladiator, Alien 303 for the acid main sound in Alien Reactor, to name a few...

And obiously a good wav Soundbank, for hats, drums, etc.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 10 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

View PostNorvak, on Oct 10 2010, 04:36 PM, said:

Thanks. VST´s only. Some that i remember used are: NI Massive, NI Absynth, NI FM 8, Lennar Digital Sylenth 1, Tone2 Gladiator, Alien 303 for the acid main sound in Alien Reactor, to name a few...

And obiously a good wav Soundbank, for hats, drums, etc.

Sorry to necro, forgot this thread existed! Thanks for the info, I'm highly impressed at what you can make these VSTs do! Nice to see some love for Absynth. Carry on, good sir! Would LOVE to see a Shadow Warrior remix set next! :3

• Music Producer

View PostLow Allegiance, on Oct 15 2010, 01:46 PM, said:

Sorry to necro, forgot this thread existed! Thanks for the info, I'm highly impressed at what you can make these VSTs do! Nice to see some love for Absynth. Carry on, good sir! Would LOVE to see a Shadow Warrior remix set next! :3

I really don´t mean to remix SW cos i didn´t grow up with that game. It would be interesting to remix the themes of WGR Realms 2 by William G but don´t know from what game he took the songs. Maybe i´ll make a second episode for Reduked with the rest of the songs (i mean the coolest) if i had some free time...

• Music Producer

Just a video showing the project session of Stalker made in FL Studio:

About a new release, well i´m working at least in a little surprise!!

This post has been edited by Norvak: 05 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

nice norvak

Norvak, just to let you know, your version of Stalker has grown on me, and out of the 5 or so versions I have, yours is probably my second favourite. Well done chap - I listen often.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The only thing I have against Stalker is that you have two bass lines playing at once near the end and it jumbles up quite a bit. It'd probably sound more clear and less cumbersome if you removed the main one and just keep the one that climbs the scale instead. That's my only small gripe on a great track.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

• Music Producer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Dec 22 2010, 09:03 AM, said:

The only thing I have against Stalker is that you have two bass lines playing at once near the end and it jumbles up quite a bit. It'd probably sound more clear and less cumbersome if you removed the main one and just keep the one that climbs the scale instead. That's my only small gripe on a great track.

Ohh, i miss this comment, well i undestand u but when u listen all the elements playing at the same time, those 2 basslines brings the track a climax end imo. Only in the video is noticeable that cumbersome thing u are talkin' about.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 01 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Well it's your track, but it seems very convoluted to me. I never watched the video. At any rate, it's a great track. I personally go for a "less is more" approach most of the time so it may be that I just don't see both being there as necessary and so my brain tells me it's too much.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 January 2011 - 05:49 AM

• Music Producer

Just a preview it's still wip...

User is offline   Guess Who 

Thank you man, this is awesome stuff.

Congrats.

Awesome, stays true to the original.
Can't wait for the full version.

• Music Producer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 22 December 2010 - 07:03 AM, said:

Sorry, i didn't mean to downvote your comment hahaha, typo :S

Or am I betraying by subconscious? lol

This post has been edited by Norvak: 01 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

View PostNorvak, on 06 October 2010 - 01:14 PM, said:

Ha Ha thnx man! I don´t hav Paypal but u could show this work to all ur friends intead of send me some money, the best pay for me is you all enjoy this stuff. Thanks!

Damn i voted this post down when i ment to press + Sorry!

• Music Producer

View PostSinisterambo, on 01 June 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

Damn i voted this post down when i ment to press + Sorry!

Just hope that's not sarcasm, you could have upvoted other post just like i did with MusicallyInspired to not affect his rep count. Anyway don't worry XD

• Music Producer

Oh btw Mikko thanks for posting about this on your site, hadn't given a look at msdn in a while.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Just a short note, you might consider doing all the tracks of the game eventually maybe so we might end up with a new music pack for the HRP. Might easily become the new default one due to its quality. :(

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

• Music Producer

View PostNightFright, on 05 June 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

Just a short note, you might consider doing all the tracks of the game eventually maybe so we might end up with a new music pack for the HRP. Might easily become the new default one due to its quality. :dukecry:

I missed this comment. Well it could work, but that implies to me remaking all the soundtrack even the most boring songs lol [just kidding] and also modify some tracks to fit with the game, and don't know if really it will fit the game....

Thanks for all the comments about this. I'm starting to work on the second part of the project with more "mature sounds" and many surprises so stay tuned!

This post has been edited by Norvak: 21 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Looking forward to another release :D

User is offline   Ranger366 

Love the soundtrack, thank you very much!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I was just listening to the original release today, and I must say this stuff is pretty cool. I'm interested to hear the rest of the stuff you're working on.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Can people stop posting in this thread until something new is released? You keep getting my hopes up :(

• Music Producer

@ MIcky : Don't worry just be patient :(

@Captain : Thanks

I could release a kind of demo song on this week for the thrill's sake, a very cool track imo, don't know if is a good idea, what do you think?

EDIT : I mean i don't want to spoil so much.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 19 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

• Music Producer

A exclusive demo of my upcoming Reduked 2 :

http://forums.duke4....ing-reduked-ii/

This post has been edited by Norvak: 24 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNorvak, on 23 July 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

Done:
deleted the video

Holy shit! This is super fine stuff! Posted Image

• Music Producer

What do you guys think?

One big release pack? or 3 regular albums? released separately.

Or just: Release the damn thing for fuck's sake? :D

Spoiler

My initial idea was to release the 3 as a pack, but I think is cleaver to give every relase time to build more audience.

Also I'm wondering If I could achieve real support from the Duke Nukem 3D music present licensors :( for things like promoting and so...

List of new remixes:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Norvak: 31 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Separate releases. NOW. :(

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

Anything, NOW. :D

I've been listening to "ReDUKED 2 beta (demo leaked)" every day! :(

Separate releases are fine, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :D

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 02 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Really looking forward to a release! It's great to see the non-Grabbag Duke tracks getting some love, and your remixes and other tracks are always top notch.

• Music Producer

I was planning to run an Indie VGM label, to relase all this and other suff from other people. But I feel this was stopping me for actually release anything, I was on hold planning and investigating stuff about it, as well as creating the name and designing the visual identity of the whole concept, but this is taking more time than expected, so I just decided to release "REDUKEDs" as an Indies albums by me, under any alias. I can always re-edit them when the label is ready anyways. (Including new tracks and shit) :(

Just decided to give less importance to artwork, and keep things simple. Putting on the pack what is already done, and scrap unfinished tracks.

Reduked 2014 is gonna be released first. Holly Cow knows some tracks really needed proper EQ'ing / mastering and rework.

Then in a month or so Episode 2. DN2 remixed would be released separately as well.

I was preparing a trailer for "REUKED: ATOMIC EDITION" and release the whole thing. Right now I don't know how this could fit separate relases though.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 02 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options