Duke4.net Forums: [CONFIRMED] - Rumor(?): Borderlands Studio Reviving Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[CONFIRMED] - Rumor(?): Borderlands Studio Reviving Duke Nukem Forever

"This is 100% true, I can even provide screenshots of the email if one wants to see it."

So 3dwizard where are the screenshots?

Yawn! - like rumors like this hasn't surfaced regularly over the past few years.
-
Not holding my breath, not gonna freak out if it falls apart.

User is offline   The Duke 

HAHAHA blackharted you right about that

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

This has definitely piqued my interest. Looks like I'll be paying a lot of attention next month. Kotaku isn't just some random site that says they know or heard something just to be assholes or gain attention/traffic, they are usually pretty reliable; Look at how they figured out the 3DS Design long before E3.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 11 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

User is offline   blakelan91 

yea 3dwizard pics or you're a lying sack of shit.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

No need to start that shit here, blakelan91. Ask politely...or stfu.

Don't worry about how I ask questions Mr. Fibble. I was saying it in a joking manor, but of course there's always guys like you who take things too literally eh?

• I have the power!

And there are people like you who try to be funny and fail terribly. There is another thread here that was plagued by flames like your post and it offended a lot of people. Keep things civil and wait patiently. I'm sure 3dwizard is making screenshots of an email from George right now...in photoshop.

and there are guys like you who try to be assholes to anyone and everyone, BUT back to the topic. I hope 3dwizard isn't lying about his email from GB because this is the closest the game has ever been to an actual release date being put on it

Enough with the fighting we are talking about this duke nukem forever thing here

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

For what reason on this planet would GB send any of the DT's an email?

Really?

Come on.

3D Wizard...damn I'm jealous! Why George didn't told me too?! Hell I'm befriended with him at FB! :wacko:

While 3dwizard's story isn't the most convincing story ever, George has been known to reply to email from fans over the years. He has even been known to give little inside nuggets from time to time.

" any of the DT's"

Comeon this is an unnecessary use of slur that was invented for people you(generic you that is) disagree with.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

What is a DT? :wacko:

User is offline   3dwizard 

Ok to those that really want proof... Here are 2 screens.
First screen is from an email exchange a few months ago and the other one is from the email exchange I've had with him recently.
I won't post all the mails I've had with him because there are others I've had with him from another email account and I really want that to remain private.
But this should be enough proof to you that he was hinting stuff to me.
I don't feel very confortable posting the insides of my inbox which should be kept private but hopefully ppl will stop being paranoid now.
1.Posted Image
2.Posted Image

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 11 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

sounds legit 3DWizard.
There is no more info in it than I have got too. Except the 1-2 weeks thingy. I haven't talked to my sources since some weeks though.

I appreciate that you posted these mails to proof your claims, but i guess George won't like it that much! :wacko: This is why I keep my sources closed and only hint at stuff without naming the source.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Post3dwizard, on Aug 11 2010, 06:47 PM, said:

Inbox (2293)

Holy crap! Don't you ever archive anything? lol

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

No mention of Gearbox in there 3dwizard. So much for George telling you "this".

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Aug 11 2010, 03:57 PM, said:

Holy crap! Don't you ever archive anything? lol

No :wacko:
Besides I have more than 5 mails that I actively use so I keep my main ones clean. The gmail ones are not that clean.
I have one with more than 4000 unread mails which are all spam.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 11 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

• I have the power!

View Post3dwizard, on Aug 11 2010, 06:47 PM, said:

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 11 2010, 07:03 PM, said:

This^

And, in regards to your other email and such, you can blur out your address...it won't change how many people actually believe those are real emails from George.

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 11 2010, 04:03 PM, said:

Think about it. They were in the middle of the trial and he is talking about his partners?
Which partners? Which partner that we know, would have had a problem with the gearbox logo.
Also remember how some other dude posted his mails here and George told him the biggest problem he has with that video is the gearbox logo.
Put one and one together and find out why.
To me it was already a well known fact that George had something to do with gearbox, way before the kotaku rumors.
Then kotaku just happens to have new sources that hint exactly what I had figured out myself. There is no coincidence here, it would require it to be too big of a coincidence if this wasn't true. The facts are true and on the table. Everything kotaku is saying is true and there will be more on this in the next few weeks. I will post a few more mails then, which I am not entirely sure I should post now.

@Mr.Flibble I've already stated my views on you a few times so I don't think there's any need to tell you that you are lame and boring again because you already know that.
You also probably get that frequently from people so I will spare you.
If you want to believe those are real mails w/e if you don't want to believe then you can act like the lame cream-paste that you are all the time. To me it's a w/e case no matter what you or others think.
I will certainly not take any offense if you or others don't believe me, since I haven't tried to set myself as a credible source until now and I'm certainly not trying to start from now on.
This was my contribution to this topic, the rest is limbo and I welcome you inside it along with all the other trolls :wacko:

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 11 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

I see absolutely no reason to doubt the authenticity of the emails. I wouldn't accuse 3dwizard of lying at all either, rather this is a case of overeagerness.

Edit:

Also, 3dwizard as well as everyone else: This is not the place for personal attacks and insults like that.

touche 3dwizard lol man i dare you to post the other emails or you're not a man :wacko:

User is offline   Stabs 

Does anyone remember that stupid valve main website pic with the numbers and duke pic that made front page on alot of major news sites...

exactly :wacko:

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

George Broussard said:

[...]let's just say this video with the fake logos in it at the beginning is causing some problems to us and our partners.

To me at least, this screams "read between the lines". Jon St. John himself said "read between the lines" in one video interview.

3dWizzard said:

Man why do you guys always have to be so cryptic lol.

They aren't being cryptic per se. They have a legal obligation not to say anything, plain and simple.

View Postblakelan91, on Aug 11 2010, 07:57 PM, said:

touche 3dwizard lol man i dare you to post the other emails or you're not a man :)

Eat shit. :wacko:

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 11 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 11 2010, 08:48 PM, said:

I see absolutely no reason to doubt the authenticity of the emails. I wouldn't accuse 3dwizard of lying at all either, rather this is a case of overeagerness.

Edit:

Also, 3dwizard as well as everyone else: This is not the place for personal attacks and insults like that.

I'm sure 3dwizard read these emails more than once himself as he too probably couldn't beleve what he was reading! Sometimes the truth takes a while to sink in. Pinching myself as well....it's not a dream!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Hope this is true, i want to play DNF. :wacko:

you get your change you just have to wait

This post has been edited by The Duke: 11 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostHendricks266, on Aug 12 2010, 05:20 AM, said:

To me at least, this screams "read between the lines". Jon St. John himself said "read between the lines" in one video interview.

Haven't we been doing that for years?

View PostVinsaneOne, on Aug 12 2010, 05:57 AM, said:

I'm sure 3dwizard read these emails more than once himself as he too probably couldn't beleve what he was reading! Sometimes the truth takes a while to sink in. Pinching myself as well....it's not a dream!

While emails do add up to the whole story with Gearbox, they are nothing without the Kotaku rumour. And 3dwizard was bragging that he knew about exactly this rumour like 1-2 weeks ago from George's email. He didn't. Those emails are like circumstantial evidence.

User is offline   Edli 

View Postblackharted, on Aug 11 2010, 11:39 AM, said:

No thats what I say :wacko:

That... makes no bloody sense.

This post has been edited by Edli: 11 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options