Duke4.net Forums: I just thought to drop by. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I just thought to drop by.  "Some things I've been working on."

User is offline   NerdZilla 

Well this is a what I'm working on post. But I'm making some maps for duke3d. And the stuff I need help with.

I'm making a remake of FF1 for GBA. It's just the first town tile for tile. But the trees have a texture problem. And because I'm doing it tile for tile. I need the code to explain the map 4 times. Like how Duke plus does it.
I'm going to make more maps from the tiles of 2d games. And hope to get help coding a top down 3ed person mod. Where the camera aims in one direction.
(If that can be done? There are allot of maps I could do)

I've made the first bit of Kings Field one for PSX. I'm using the mirror trick to make the map work together. But there are a few glitches that are holding me back. But when I get passed that. But the map it self is the same size of the real map.

If I haven't said it? Temple for golden eye was finished. It's a good map for multiplayer.

I've also made a house that's got 3 floors that can be seen at the same time. By making cuts in the sector for each angle... Hard to explain, but I'll show you guys soon.

There are also a few other maps for multiplayer I have made.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 04 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNerdZilla, on Jul 30 2010, 05:26 PM, said:

I'm making a remake of FF1 for GBA. It's just the first town tile for tile. But the trees have a texture problem. And because I'm doing it tile for tile. I need the code to explain the map 4 times. Like how Duke plus does it.

DukePlus has code that explains the map 4 times? Huh? :)

View PostNerdZilla, on Jul 30 2010, 05:26 PM, said:

I'm going to make more maps from the tiles of 2d games. And hope to get help coding a top down 3ed person mod. Where the camera aims in one direction.
(If that can be done? There are allot of maps I could do)

Yes, you can manipulate the camera by setting the vars that control it in EVENT_DISPLAYROOMS. You could achieve a crude version of what you want by constantly subtracting about 10000 from cameraz and setting camerahoriz to about -200. This will probably work better in Polymer. You will also want a zoom function and some code to manage the camera to avoid walls and such. For top down viewing, models tend to look a lot better than sprites, unless the sprites are floor aligned.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Expands? Maybe he's referring to the map scaling code.

DeeperThought : DukePlus has code that explains the map 4 times? Huh? :)

NZ : Sense the last time we've spoke I've fallen in love with a spell check computer program. My definitions can be off at times. But at least I have good spelling.

Plagman : Expands? Maybe he's referring to the map scaling code.

NZ : I believe this would be the proper term used.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Spell checking is good. Next let's work on using quote tags!

As for scaling the map, you can do that in mapster. Select all the sectors in 2D mode, press 'F and scaling is one of the menu options.

just some pictures from a map I was working on.

User is offline   Mark 

Looks unique and cool.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Dude, do you have a 56k modem or something? There's no reason to save jpegs with that high of a compression level anymore!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That looks creepy. In a kind of infinitely empty dimension kind of way. Nice work.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 05 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Aug 6 2010, 06:26 AM, said:

That looks creepy. In a kind of infinitely empty dimension kind of way. Nice work.

Indeed. Unique, gloomy and spacey design. And you have to put some work to your quality of the pics, distortion like that is ASS! :)

Here are some more pics. I'm keeping the detail low so my account has room to send these maps to you.
I'm really looking forward to finishing the Finial Fantasy one.

I hope you like it.

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostNerdZilla, on Aug 10 2010, 12:15 AM, said:

Here are some more pics. I'm keeping the detail low so my account has room to send these maps to you.
I'm really looking forward to finishing the Finial Fantasy one.

I hope you like it.

Well, the look and feel is surely unique. The first two pics remind me about Duke Theft Auto (cubistic look).
And, you play as Pig Cop? :wacko: Cool. :)

I suggest to add cycler effects into those ramps (cycler effect could go forward around the place = looks cooler).

This post has been edited by RazorZ: 09 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You architecture is really great, but you need to work on your texturing. I'd recommend you look at some Maarten and Merlijn Van Oostrum, Maaten Pinxten, Pascal Rouaud, SalaciusCrumb, and MRCK maps. You can search for these folks here if you don't recognise them.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 11 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

I want to make this into a full game.
Can anyone help me mix the maps together?

BRB to reply to some stuff.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 14 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

The first map is a remake of Temple from Golden Eye with some extras from Perfect Dark. From X, Y to Z it's a perfect match.

The second is showcasing a well rounded software mode map trick. To make more then one floor that can be seen from the windows.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 27 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Great potential in the maps. I like the vertical stacking of rooms especially in the Temple map and being able to look up or down into others. Any glitches were minor.

I just thought to mention if anyone can get there hands on the blue prints for dust from CS. You know, the maps X Y and Z prints.
I could make it for Duke3d. It would be kind of cool to see duke knocking down terrorists.

:wacko: <( oh shit... It's duke! )

I just thought to mention if anyone can get there hands on the blue prints for dust from CS. You know, the maps X Y and Z prints.
I could make it for Duke3d. It would be kind of cool to see duke knocking down terrorists.

:wacko: <( oh shit... It's duke! )

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Temple was a great map, GoldenEye rules.

User is offline   darkcaleb 

I think Premium tc has a dust map :wacko:

View Postdarkcaleb, on Aug 30 2010, 05:39 AM, said:

I think Premium tc has a dust map :wacko:

Got a link to it?

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 30 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

User is offline   darkcaleb 

http://www.filefront...731/prem16.zip/ here ya go!

View Postdarkcaleb, on Sep 1 2010, 03:00 PM, said:

I like it... It even has the tiles in there. I'm hoping to make a mod that's meant for multi player.

I found a few glitches. And some stuff I know how to add could be done for it?
I'm thinking I'll touch it up a bit? And add it to my mod
Over all, It's really nice work done there. Bravo to the guy who made it.

Then all I have to do is, Facility to it's original specs.
And I have at least 3 of the top ranked multi player maps.
(I'm the king!)> :D :D <(shut up!)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options