Duke4.net Forums: How many of you have given up hope? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How many of you have given up hope?  "I know I have"

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jul 7 2010, 01:43 PM, said:

Nothing pisses me off more than someone taking me out of context.

Nobody took anything out of context, you just failed to actually say what you meant which you then did do in the post I'm quoting. Don't assume people automatically know what you're talking about.. especially not in the DNF forums. :)

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View Postblackharted, on Jul 7 2010, 12:44 PM, said:

Quite bad

I haven't been to this thread in a while, I meant that as sarcasm.

View PostSpirrwell, on Jul 8 2010, 01:30 PM, said:

I haven't been to this thread in a while, I meant that as sarcasm.

I know.

User is offline   Alithinos 

Well I gave up hope seeing the game coming out as I would expect.

I heard that they gave the game to another developer to finish it.
But if it's not going to be made by the same persons who made the first one (3d) then perhaps it might not be that familiar to us.
They might make some "weird" changes

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostAlithinos, on Jul 14 2010, 07:28 AM, said:

I heard that they gave the game to another developer to finish it.

Thats just a rumor. No one knows for sure whats going on.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 14 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

User is offline   Reavantos 

View PostReaperMan, on Jul 14 2010, 01:45 PM, said:

Thats just a rumor. No one knows for sure whats going on.

Hope? Never had it. Pie in the sky dreamers / fanboys and continue to hang on george's every word. Buy the shitty xbl ports to "support them so they can continue dnf." -- read : So George can go all in on a mediocre hand

View PostReavantos, on Jul 14 2010, 03:56 PM, said:

Hope? Never had it. Pie in the sky dreamers / fanboys and continue to hang on george's every word. Buy the shitty xbl ports to "support them so they can continue dnf." -- read : So George can go all in on a mediocre hand

BULLSHIT! The ports are fantastic!

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

i haven't given up hope yet.

View PostBetelgeuse, on Jul 15 2010, 03:59 AM, said:

i haven't given up hope yet.

Good.

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jul 7 2010, 07:43 AM, said:

Fuck. Nothing pisses me off more than someone taking me out of context.

Fuck. Nothing pisses me off more than someone taking me out and stiffing me with the bill
-
Fuck. Nothing pisses me off more than taking someone out and not getting any
-
ok 2 is enough I guess

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostReavantos, on Jul 14 2010, 08:56 PM, said:

If you are referring to George's poker habit, logic would dictate that he's use his own money, not DNF's. As such, it's his right to do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

3DR's Funds != George's Funds. They are two separate things.

A Side Note: The XBLA Port of Duke3D is pretty much a 1:1 clone of the PC Version(With the minor exception of 5 Health from Fountains instead of 1), so if you're calling that shitty, then you're calling the original such as well. IMHO, The XBLA Port of Duke3D is solid. As for Manhattan Project, it's still good.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 15 July 2010 - 05:39 AM

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jul 15 2010, 06:34 AM, said:

If you are referring to George's poker habit, logic would dictate that he's use his own money, not DNF's. As such, it's his right to do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

A Side Note: The XBLA Port of Duke3D is pretty much a 1:1 clone of the PC Version(With the minor exception of 5 Health from Fountains instead of 1), so if you're calling that shitty, then you're calling the original such as well. IMHO, The XBLA Port of Duke3D is solid. As for Manhattan Project, it's still good.

All true.

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jul 15 2010, 09:34 AM, said:

It's a free country GB can do whatever he wants right?
-
"According to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal?"

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jul 15 2010, 09:34 AM, said:

I was referring to the profits and figured that was a natural segway but i guess assumptions of peoples intelligence on this forum are a horrible idea (as in his take home).

and reselling a game on a system it hasn't been on before is innovative?

This game will never see the light of day, it hasn't in 13 years and it most certainly will not now. I will eat a sock live on webcam if it does

but hey i sorry i tried to use logic with the fanboys.

reminds me ofthe people that are like ZOMG NOTHING BEATS HALO 3!!!111ONE

Move on try new games, keep the good memory's of "The Duke" because you can hope in one hand , shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

This post has been edited by Reavantos: 15 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

View PostReavantos, on Jul 15 2010, 12:34 PM, said:

I will each a sock live on webcam if it does.

I have a few sitting in the bottom of my hockey equipment bag you can borrow.

View Postcanada4duke, on Jul 15 2010, 01:14 PM, said:

I have a few sitting in the bottom of my hockey equipment bag you can borrow.

Canadians do not play good hockey :) I should know i grew up in Michigan.

Sure, since the game wont see the light of day i will take you up on that. :)

View PostReavantos, on Jul 15 2010, 01:19 PM, said:

Canadians do not play good hockey :) I should know i grew up in Michigan.

Sure, since the game wont see the light of day i will take you up on that. :)

Ok, when/if DNf comes out - we put together a Canadians vs Americans hockey game.
After game you eat the socks live on webcam

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostReavantos, on Jul 15 2010, 01:34 PM, said:

I was referring to the profits and figured that was a natural segway but i guess assumptions of peoples intelligence on this forum are a horrible idea (as in his take home).

Is this an attempt to insult me? I can hardly tell through that poorly structured sentence.

and reselling a game on a system it hasn't been on before is innovative?

Wait, what? Since when did I mention the XBLA Port of Duke3D as being innovative?

This game will never see the light of day, it hasn't in 13 years and it most certainly will not now. I will eat a sock live on webcam if it does

Better start looking for the nastiest sock you can find right now. I'm sure I'll enjoy watching you eat it.

but hey i sorry i tried to use logic with the fanboys.

I like Duke, but by no means am I a major-league fanboy. I just want this game to come out regardless. I've come to like games like Doom and Duke3D on an equal level, and It's been a while since I've seen a game quite like them.

reminds me of the people that are like ZOMG NOTHING BEATS HALO 3!!!111ONE

Those people are indeed annoying. I can think of quite a few games better than Halo 3. Not to say that it's a bad game though, it's decent, and I've had a lot of fun in it's multiplayer.

Move on try new games, keep the good memory's of "The Duke" because you can hope in one hand , shit in the other and see which one fills up first

Have been trying all sorts of new games, and I'm also looking forward to Bulletstorm.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 15 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

User is offline   zakath 

to answer the topics question : actually just now, I have.

Waiting for .. what, 13 years? Hopping the bandwagon every single time there was a bit of news or whatever screenshot or line from GB..

I gave up hope just as this moment when I surfed once again to duke4.net and saw no news or announcement. I say f*ck the game, f*ck duke. He'll be out someday I'm sure, but I won't be spending money on him.

My 2 cents.

Long days and pleasant nights.

• tile 1018

I think we'll be waiting until the Duke Nukem Trilogy is released. That itself will be great. I'm not sure, but I think it's Apogee that's working on them. Those games will more than likely see the light of day, after that Duke Nukem Forever, if it isn't already it out, will follow.

User is offline   Kathy 

Yeah, likely...

http://www.apogeesoftware.com/products/duk...gy/criticalmass

View Postzakath, on Jul 17 2010, 01:53 PM, said:

to answer the topics question : actually just now, I have.

Waiting for .. what, 13 years? Hopping the bandwagon every single time there was a bit of news or whatever screenshot or line from GB..

I gave up hope just as this moment when I surfed once again to duke4.net and saw no news or announcement. I say f*ck the game, f*ck duke. He'll be out someday I'm sure, but I won't be spending money on him.

My 2 cents.

Long days and pleasant nights.

Bitter much?

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postzakath, on Jul 17 2010, 04:53 PM, said:

I don't understand people like you. You wait all that time and then if DNF ever does come out you won't buy it? Thats just retarded. :)

View PostReaperMan, on Jul 18 2010, 10:21 PM, said:

I don't understand people like you. You wait all that time and then if DNF ever does come out you won't buy it? Thats just retarded. :)

Of course

• tile 1018

View PostLotan, on Jul 18 2010, 08:57 AM, said:

I stand unpleasantly corrected

User is offline   NoDraw 

• Honored Donor

I haven't been waiting for this game 14 years just to quit now.. I'll keep waiting for it, until it is officialy announced from 3dreams them self, that DNF will never EVER be released!
I'm still loyal to this game.. :)

• tile 1018

Well all we can do now is wait for more information. I have a strong hunch we'll get information within the next few months. I don't know why, I just know. Well time for me to do what we Duke fans do best, wait.

View PostSpirrwell, on Jul 24 2010, 06:43 PM, said:

Well all we can do now is wait for more information. I have a strong hunch we'll get information within the next few months. I don't know why, I just know. Well time for me to do what we Duke fans do best, wait.

(Best Darth Vader voice) NOOOOOOOO! No more waiting! NO MORE! BAD 3DR BAD!

Sorry about that I'm soooo fed up!!

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Duke is nothing more than an icon. Deal with it.
There will never ever be another pure 3D Realms game, having the same impact as Duke3d had. Just cherish the fond memories.

View PostSplat, on Jul 30 2010, 02:32 PM, said:

Duke is nothing more than an icon. Deal with it.
There will never ever be another pure 3D Realms game, having the same impact as Duke3d had. Just cherish the fond memories.

Yeah a DESKTOP icon! I'm joking!!

No I don't think Duke's an icon as only hardcore stubbon PC "gamers" remember him.
Still once DNF comes out (yeah right) I'm sure or at least hope it will have same impact COD had/has.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 30 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options