Duke4.net Forums: RTS games - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RTS games  "All da Stronghold games in one topic :o."

User is offline   Shawneth 

Age of Empires, Stronhold and Red Alert in one whole topic HOLY SHIT!

Stronghold crusader is my favourite BTW.

Attached Image: Stronghold_20Crusader_20Extreme2.jpg

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2.jpg
  • Attached Image: red_alert2_screen001.jpg

View Postoporix, on Jul 2 2010, 11:53 AM, said:

Attachment Strongho...Extreme2.jpg

RTS Games SUCK! but not as much as RPG's

User is offline   Sangman 

I'd have to agree, every RTS, even the ones that are supposed to be really good like Company of Heroes, just bore me. I enjoyed Dawn of War II though. Then again, that one isn't really an RTS.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 02 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Dude, say that to The Commander and he'll like beat you with his Red Alert II case :)

Ah shit I forgot about RA2, I think that - and possibly AOE2 - are the only RTS's that I've actually enjoyed for a longer time than average with those games :)

Wait a minute, how are RPGs better than RTS games? RTSs you get to build massive armies but in RPG you have to focus on one guy. F that.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postoporix, on Jul 3 2010, 12:17 PM, said:

Dude, say that to The Commander and he'll like beat you with his Red Alert II case :)

Posted Image
I actually prefer Red Alert 1 over 2. Also I have a lot more C&C games than are in this picture, I just couldn't be bothered hutting through boxes.

And if this is a topic for RTS games, where is Warzone 2100? :)
Posted Image

I have played the starcraft 2 beta and its awesome, cant wait for it second stage of testing, and the game itself, Ive played endless hours of starcraft 1 online, more addictive than any of the other RTS games.

User is offline   t800 

Dont laugh at me but my the most favourite game from this genre is Mech Commander 2. I hate economic managment and distrubuting resources in RTS games. (I know that some people call Mech Commander 2 tactical game.)

View Postoporix, on Jul 2 2010, 05:28 PM, said:

Wait a minute, how are RPGs better than RTS games? RTSs you get to build massive armies but in RPG you have to focus on one guy. F that.

I NEVER said RPG's are better then RTS i mean the opposite, you will NEVER EVER hear me praise full blown RPG's i hate them.

The Commander, How much RA2 do you play? If I ever find a way to get mine online I'll probably get to be the Cubans and bomb the shit outa' you.

View Postt800, on Jul 3 2010, 01:05 AM, said:

Dont laugh at me but my the most favourite game from this genre is Mech Commander 2. I hate economic managment and distrubuting resources in RTS games. (I know that some people call Mech Commander 2 tactical game.)

You shouldn't give Stronghold crusader a go, it's all about economics and war. Like you have to build farms because your people eat food and you can raise and lower taxes make industry, look it's fun. Go and find the demo and see for yourself.

This post has been edited by oporix: 03 July 2010 - 07:36 AM

User is offline   lawl 

View Postoporix, on Jul 2 2010, 11:53 AM, said:

Attachment Strongho...Extreme2.jpg

Stronghold 3 is coming =)
I love it =)

PS. 100 post :)

Stronghold 3? For god sakes I don't even have a computer for stronghold 2 / legends >:)

View PostThe Commander, on Jul 2 2010, 08:02 PM, said:

Posted Image
I actually prefer Red Alert 1 over 2. Also I have a lot more C&C games than are in this picture, I just couldn't be bothered hutting through boxes.

And if this is a topic for RTS games, where is Warzone 2100? :)
Posted Image

Do you have the RA game that was for PS1? I think it came with 2 seprate disks (one for Soviets and another Allies) and you could do multiplayer with those two disks. It also has mouse support.
I think that it had the RVP on the cover, or a miner.

YOU PERFER I OVER II?! Red alert 2 has like..... NUKES, I am pretty sure in the first one you can't even garrison your troops into a McDonalds (Unlike in RA2)!

RA1 is way better than RA2

Oh, I beg to differ.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The original has that whole nostalgia factor, but RA2 beats it everywhere else IMO. One of the best RTS games ever. :)

Yep

View Postoporix, on Jul 4 2010, 07:06 AM, said:

Do you have the RA game that was for PS1? I think it came with 2 seprate disks (one for Soviets and another Allies) and you could do multiplayer with those two disks. It also has mouse support.
I think that it had the RVP on the cover, or a miner.

You mean this?
Posted Image
Then yes, I do have that as well. Both the original and Retaliation (Combination of C&C Counter strike & Aftermath with FMV's etc) were multiplayer linkup.

View Postoporix, on Jul 4 2010, 07:06 AM, said:

YOU PERFER I OVER II?! Red alert 2 has like..... NUKES, I am pretty sure in the first one you can't even garrison your troops into a McDonalds (Unlike in RA2)!

It depends in what frame of mind I am in at the time, sometimes I like to play RA2, but them most of the time it's RA 1 for that nostalgia factor as TX said.

But I can happily say that once the C&C games were entirely developed by EA and no longer by Westwood (aka Generals) the franchise and games turned to shit, just look at C&C 4, wtf is that shit about? No base building, no harvesting of Tiberuium. :)

I have every single C&C game apart from, C&C Sole Survivor.
Which was apparently is a MP game only and was not very good, after Kanes Wraith I decided to pirate EA's bullshit C&C games from then on (Red Alert 3 - C&C4) as IMO they weren't good enough to purchased any more.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 04 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

I liked C&C3, but I hated RA3 and haven't even bothered with C&C4

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jul 4 2010, 12:46 PM, said:

and haven't even bothered with C&C4

I wouldn't waste a single moment on trying it either, all they were concerned about was the MP aspect in this game and completely ignored the real value of SP, all the missions feel so much the same as the last one and repetitive.

Nope, that's not the game, if I ever see my friend again i'll tell you what it is. Oh, and Red Alert 3 is just plain horrible, they took away the funnest aspects of the game and made them into total crap, no more parachuting americans, now it's retareded bears, who came up with that?!

If it's not that game then it's the original Red Alert (The one before Retaliation)
And if it was not that then it was C&C 1.

NOTE: You are aware that game covers are different in each country right?
They generally use to have two versions per game one for PAL and one fore NTSC.

Well, to be honest the only C&C game I will play (and enjoy) is Red Alert II. All the others to me are just.... I don't know, different to me. I like all RTS games to be their own unique type of game.

Oh wait, I think it is retailiation, I remember it with a different cover though. Yea, you're right. I'll go check it now.

Posted Image

This is it, me and you both were right.

RA2 believe it or not was not completely finished how Westwood would have liked it to be as EA made them rush it out the door, there are several units that didn't make the final cut.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Anyone that has played the add on packs for the original Red Alert 1 will know what these two units are, these cameos are left in the data files but I don't think there is any coding etc for them in there.
Also they wanted to implement the lighting etc that you see in Tiberuium Sun and Fire Storm. (These also had missing features, drop ship etc)

Really? That seems weird considering the fact that they could've just ported these units quickly without any problems, isn't the engine the same as in RA1? If so then that's just stupid.

I don't see it mentioned here or maybe I skimmed over it but what about that C&C: Sole Survivor game? What was all that about?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options